How much vacation time do you get from work?

My company gave two weeks. Each additional year working for the company gave you an additional vacation day you could use as a personal day.

What is a 'stat day?' I'm not familiar with the term. 3 months sounds great. Take advantage and travel the world.

20 days. Use or lose.

Really? That's a bit fucked, mine accumulate. I actually don't know what sick leave I get, I know that doesn't accumulate but it's always good to have a buffer of paid leave though I think.

25 plus 8 bank holidays.

It's fucked how few holidays the US sherbros get.

2 days of annual leave and 1 sick day a month. Plus i get almost every holiday

2 paid and 3 unpaid weeks then between Jan 15th and match 15th +/- a few days...

*edit: I also work seven days a week and don't go home at night, or ever...

America sucks at time off.

We rank at the bottom with countries like Pileofdirtiztan

I'm probably on the high end with 25 + 8 holidays

A lot. I'm on paternity leave though so I may not get to use them and they don't roll over.

#firstworldproblems

25 days, plus on holiday day I can use whenever.

Wow, it sounds like I get the shaft with 3 weeks paid time off.

Whenever I want since I just do Uber now.

But the wildest I've heard is my stepdad. He worked for the city and all of his vacation rolls over. He never took a vacation day in ten years. So, while he's found a new job, he also has ~30 weeks of vacation he's taking as part of his severance package.

That's a lot of dough. Makes me want to be an adult.

That's pretty standard for government jobs. A lot of people retire a year or two early due to saved up vacation and sick time.

My company just got rid of PTO. Anyone who didn't use it just lost it. Now its "use as much as you want!" Yeah right.

28 days. I used to get paid for whatever was left at the end of the year but they didn't do it last year not sure they will this year. Either way I used most my days on honeymoon and birth of my son. So I have about 5 days left. Trying to save them for the end of the year.

4 weeks and holidays.

Back