How much vacation time do you get from work?

30 days plus 8 Bank Holidays.

Been putting them to good use, this year I've been to:

Belfast
Berlin
Slovenia
Tenerife
Austria
Italy

And got two weeks in Australia coming up.

See you over here, Sherbro. Come to Perth.

What is a 'stat day?' I'm not familiar with the term. 3 months sounds great. Take advantage and travel the world.

Stat day meaning public holiday, federal holiday, etc.

I'm glad to see lots of people are getting some decent leave allowance. I believe in work / life balance and I think more time off leads to a happier and more efficient workforce. I think more leave and shorter working weeks actually means a net increase in productivity.
I get six weeks annual leave a year.
I work mostly from home, and I need to do 37.5h a week overall. As long as I work a few core hours in the middle of each day, the rest of my hours are flexi, and I can do them as i please. I also get 1 rostered day off per fortnight that I just take whenever .
My Annual leave rolls over year on year. RDOs don't carry over fortnights.
Fucking beautiful

At my last job the owner payed out vacation time in April. You could take time off or pocket the money. 1 week the first year, 2 the second, 3 after 5 and 4 after 10 years. I didn't take any vacations for 25 years. After he died, the company was sold and the new owners initially required employees to take at least one week of vacation and would pay out any remaining at the end of the employees anniversary year. Then they changed to rolling it over instead of paying it out. Finally they changed to calendar year paid time off and employees were required to use it or lose it. Employees had to submit a request for time off and get it approved by management. I had 12 weeks coming when they made the last change. I'd submit a request for time off and management wouldn't approve it saying they needed me there that week. This went on until July when I reminded them that I had all of that time coming which would be over 1/2 of the time remaining in the year. I finally got to take it.

3 weeks vacation but unlimited sick/personal days to be used as needed. We're all salary, so none of it is monitored that closely.

2 weeks.

Worked at a shitty place before where I technically couldn't use them when I needed to, so I left

25 days + 4 sick days + 4 personal + 2 or 4 alternate public holidays

People who don't use their vacation time is something I'll never understand.

I'm a union electrician so I don't get paid vacation, I just tell them I'm taking time off when I want it, I don't have to ask. If they don't like it, I'll most likely be the first one to get laid off but I don't really care, I'm taking the vacation if I want to..
That's why once I'm done with my apprenticeship, I'm looking to work for a city or something that his sick pay and paid vacations along with the great benefits.

work as a DoD civilian, people earn leave based on time in service, and obviously we get off all Federal holidays
0-3 years = 4 hours per pay period (13 days a year)
3-15= 6 hours (20 days a year)
15+= 8 hours (26 days)
we also get 4 hours per period of sick leave, and can carry over 240 hours total into next year

we can sell regular leave, but not sick leave when leaving job

Also, if one was prior military, those years are counted in that calculation unless the person is retired. Then, they only count time spent deployed in a forward combat zone

Last edited:
Not enough. 4 weeks (this is actually PTO, so sick leave is included) plus 10 paid federal holidays. I can also take several weeks of leave without pay if I want to. My on-call and OT would cover more then that so I don't mine taking leave without pay as well. I'm a contractor that works for a military hospital. Lately I've been contemplating taking a pay cut and take a federal government position just for the benefits and security which also includes more vacation and sick leave. On top of that you can win awards and bonuses. When you have young kids, you really appreciate the sick leave as much as the actual vacation time off.

Two weeks at Christmas
Literally that's it

I get 6 weeks plus bank holidays. If I don't use them I lose them. Why anyone would not use paid days off is beyond me, unless they carry over to the next year.

Almost 4 weeks i think. It goes up every year i work at the company.
We’re able to carry over days.
Plus 10 sick days (which pay out EOY if unused) and usually a couple of personal days.
Plus i have another 3 days yearly where the company puts me up in a 5 star Miami resort to take care of all tech at a yearly summit. That’s almost like a vacation TBH. And i also get Summer Fridays.

Come to think of it, my life is like one giant never ending vacation since i actually like where i work and where the company seems to like me even more than i like the company.

Last edited:
Does anyone else get "bonus" days off for not being a nasty smoker?

Unlimited, ever since I called that lady a cunt and told her to go fuck herself.

3 weeks and holidays. Hmmm all of these government employees balling on vacation days makes me want to change jobs.

11 weeks scheduled, plus 15 days of personal/sick time that i get paid for if i dont use, so i dont use them
just had 3 weeks off, i got bored.

2 full weeks, but I only work 2 days a week......so lots and lots. There was one year I took a whole month off work. I can also work exchanges to make vacation weeks as well.

I get 0 paid days and have to give a 6 week notice to take a week off

Like 10 hours earned every month.. after being here for 4 years.

Fucking ridiculous IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back