How often do you eat out? Tell me about your recent experiences.

Medulla Omoplata

Mayberry Comptroller
@Silver
Reaction score
Not counting fast food garbage. Actual sit down meals in a nice restaurant where you're going to drop at least 50 dollars per person. I probably go out with the wife about twice a month to a nice restaurant. Last month we went to the local sushi place and to a swanky Indian place. I think it's important to treat yourself. We've got a budget of course but we allow for a couple of nights a month like this. I was super impressed with the sushi place last month and left a huge tip, unfortunately that was the whole tip budget for the month so the staff at the Indian place didn't do so well LOL. Food was still really good though. Sushi and Indian are probably my favorite eating out meals because I can't even come close to replicating that food at home.

as far as the $50 or more per person, that's probably every few months. As far as sit down places where you spend about $20 per person I'd say at least three times a month. The $50< a person places are pretty few and far in between, that is usually a steakhouse. I don't even spend $50 a person on sushi, probably closer to $30 a person.
The last one was a a Ruth Chris steakhouse, It was good, we each got a filet, creamed spinach, house salads the mashed potatoes and some fruit/ice cream dessert that was decent. Bill came in at about $150 for two of us not including tip. I ended up leaving a $50 tip, because the service was about as good as you can get and when they are that good I really believe in rewarding it. Honestly though for the money I'd rather have gone to a Brazilian steakhouse or one up in West Palm Beach called "the Okeechobee steakhouse" that place is pretty much the best steakhouse I've ever been to, it's just a long drive. The one great thing about it is they haven't re-decorated the bar since the 70's and the bar clientele is stuck in the 70's, it's like stepping through a time portal. The rest of the restaurant looks like any other steakhouse though.

I generally eat out about once a week. Usually spend between $80 and $120 for my girlfriend and I.
This past weekend we went down to my place in Wilmington. We ate at a new place called Cruz. Really good Latin/seafood place. It was delicious, but the drinks were kinda meh.

The weekend before that we went to Brewery Bhavana, which is on the Forbes list of coolest restaurants in the country. I love that place. Every time we go there I make a new reservation at a normal dining time for as soon as I can get it, which is usually 4-5 months away.

Me and my gf usually goto a pub every week or two, usually Original Joes. Usually put back a bottle or two of Wayne Gretzky wine and eat either nachos flooded with beef or turkey/potatoes/veggies.

This thread was not about oral sex. Disappointed.

$50+ per person? Not very often. I'm a fan of the type of places you'd see on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives as far as value goes. I've actually ate out the last two days.

Sunday was at a restaurant/bar that gets outstanding reviews for their BBQ. I had pulled pork that was smoked all day. They also make their own buns. Everything is house made actually. Great beer list too. I had a sour.

Yesterday was just a local authentic Mexican restaurant. I had two steak taquitos and two chicken taquitos. The place never disappoints, and it was only around $25 for us both.

50 dollars a person? probably only spent that much on a meal a dozen or so times, mostly on holiday but then again I don't drink.

Honestly though I find a lot of the time you can get the better food a bit more off the beaten track paying far less, places like Italy or Vietnam the best meals I'v had are often in some backstreet or village place for under $10 a head.

$50 per person? Where the hell are you eating? The only place to spend that much money per person is if you're ordering multiple drinks.

Not counting fast food garbage. Actual sit down meals in a nice restaurant where you're going to drop at least 50 dollars per person. I probably go out with the wife about twice a month to a nice restaurant. Last month we went to the local sushi place and to a swanky Indian place. I think it's important to treat yourself. We've got a budget of course but we allow for a couple of nights a month like this. I was super impressed with the sushi place last month and left a huge tip, unfortunately that was the whole tip budget for the month so the staff at the Indian place didn't do so well LOL. Food was still really good though. Sushi and Indian are probably my favorite eating out meals because I can't even come close to replicating that food at home.

Swanky Indian place? Is that where they forced employees to wash their hands?

omg wtf $50 per person? you must be a multi billionaire

$50 per person? Where the hell are you eating? The only place to spend that much money per person is if you're ordering multiple drinks.
This^
Even on vacation when we go to the best seafood places there are around, I've never been to a place where I could spend >$50 per person without a lot of drinks. Most I ever spent on a dinner for myself was $35. And it sucked.

Over $100 - Two to three times a month
$50 to $100 - A couple of times per week

The food industry is booming in Tijuana so there are always great new places to eat, and having San Diego so close, you get the best of both worlds.
I'm also single so I go on a lot of dates, hence the frequency of me eating out.
My favorite place to eat is an Argentinian steak house that is not the most expensive or fancy, but it has the best steak in town. Then you have all the restaurants in Valle de Guadalupe and Ensenada; 2 of the top 100 restaurants in the world are in Ensenada, which is just 1hr drive away. The world's best breakfast according to Munchies is in Valle de Guadalupe. We have a lot of great eats here in Baja :))

Once a week either with my wife or as part of a group, lately. Things slow down in the winter, we're more likely to stay home and cook, but this time of year there's always somebody trying to hang out. Lots of options of outdoor tables in my neighborhood too, so we attract friends when the weather's warm.

I don't think I would be able to eat the meal, I would be too busy crying

Every time I spend a lot on a restaurant meal I'm like "Yeah, this was tasty but I could literally cook this for 10% of the cost." Inb4 poor. The funny thing is this is what poor people do, they drop money on stupid shit and then they don't have savings.

I usually spend about $30 a person a couple times a month.

I did spend $100 a person at Mama's Fish House in Maui. Here is a picture of their popular dessert called the Black Pearl.
Black_Pearl.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back