How often do you eat out? Tell me about your recent experiences.

$50 a person is just ridiculous. Honestly, you're not getting anything better than $20 a person place unless it's 5 Michelin stars or something.
This isn't including drinks though, right? Cause I can easily spend $50 in booze on myself in a sitting.

Man here in Lima, Peru I went to a nice restaurant a couple nights ago. I ordered a full rack of lamb and 2 drinks and didn't even break $50. In the states, I rarely exceed $50/per person on food alone. If I do, 95% of the time its a steakhouse and that may occur once a month. Now if we include drinks, I'd say once a week.

I usually spend about $30 a person a couple times a month.

I did spend $100 a person at Mama's Fish House in Maui. Here is a picture of their popular dessert called the Black Pearl.
View attachment 407863

Mama's Fish House is fucking phenomenal. I'm going back to Maui for the third time in November and have a reso there. The crab and lobster stuffed Mahi Mahi might have been one of the best things I've even eaten.

unfortunately that was the whole tip budget for the month so the staff at the Indian place didn't do so well LOL..
tenor.gif

I hope by not so well you mean you tipped them like 18%, because otherwise it sounds like you can afford to go out to a nice place once a month not twice

Family mart
Microwaveable curry rice with cheese and a pork cutlet
Fml

I generally eat out about once a week. Usually spend between $80 and $120 for my girlfriend and I.
This past weekend we went down to my place in Wilmington. We ate at a new place called Cruz. Really good Latin/seafood place. It was delicious, but the drinks were kinda meh.

The weekend before that we went to Brewery Bhavana, which is on the Forbes list of coolest restaurants in the country. I love that place. Every time we go there I make a new reservation at a normal dining time for as soon as I can get it, which is usually 4-5 months away.

That sounds like a waste of money. Or you are inflating the amount of money you spend in order to impress the Sherbros here.

I would never spend 120 dollars on a sit down meal for me and my wife. I don't care if she eats hash browns that night , we aren't spending 120 bucks on just food.

That sounds like a waste of money. Or you are inflating the amount of money you spend in order to impress the Sherbros here.

I would never spend 120 dollars on a sit down meal for me and my wife. I don't care if she eats hash browns that night , we aren't spending 120 bucks on just food.

I'm not inflating anything. Two entrees two drinks each is around $120 with tip at a decent restaurant. In fact I just spent $180 at a restaurant called Soca last friday. Got an app, two entrees, a desert and like 3 drinks each.

I'm not inflating anything. Two entrees two drinks each is around $120 with tip at a decent restaurant. In fact I just spent $180 at a restaurant called Soca last friday. Got an app, two entrees, a desert and like 3 drinks each.

It's a waste of money. Buy your girlfriend groceries and cook her dinner. Put the money you are wasting on food in a 401k savings account.

I usually spend about $30 a person a couple times a month.

I did spend $100 a person at Mama's Fish House in Maui. Here is a picture of their popular dessert called the Black Pearl.
View attachment 407863

Went to maui on my honeymoon and we spent about 50 per person every night on dinner...we weren't able to get into mama's fish house but we heard it was awesome.

It's a waste of money. Buy your girlfriend groceries and cook her dinner. Put the money you are wasting on food in a 401k savings account.

We both put about 20% into long term savings in our 30s. We cook most nights and enjoy a night out. Maybe it's a waste to you, but I'd rather send $180 at soca than $60 at TGIF

I have kids that half the time barely touch there food, so not often.

I do a couple times a year. I can afford it, but I can afford it because I am a cheap fuck. This is the kind of thing that sounds like music to my ears.
76902f577bdfb4d30c3411a77945dace.jpg

Mama's Fish House is fucking phenomenal. I'm going back to Maui for the third time in November and have a reso there. The crab and lobster stuffed Mahi Mahi might have been one of the best things I've even eaten.

nice... i plan on going there the next time i'm in maui

Man here in Lima, Peru I went to a nice restaurant a couple nights ago. I ordered a full rack of lamb and 2 drinks and didn't even break $50. In the states, I rarely exceed $50/per person on food alone. If I do, 95% of the time its a steakhouse and that may occur once a month. Now if we include drinks, I'd say once a week.

where is this place? i stay in miraflores when i go down there and my favorite place is panchita

Went to a real cool place a few weekends ago called Kettner Exchange. Had an ahi tuna “pizza”, kale salad, duck meatball, some shrimp noodle dish and then a strawberry sorbet/pudding sort of dessert. And some cocktails.

It was a great dinner experience. Food was excellent and it was a really cool place. It was pricey but not too expensive.

where is this place? i stay in miraflores when i go down there and my favorite place is panchita

La Panchita? lol, I was there last night for my first time. Place is pretty good. This is what I ordered:
piccs.jpg
The place I was talking about is La Carreta in San Isidro. A top notch stake house. Its easily in my top 3 in Peru

Not counting fast food garbage. Actual sit down meals in a nice restaurant where you're going to drop at least 50 dollars per person. I probably go out with the wife about twice a month to a nice restaurant. Last month we went to the local sushi place and to a swanky Indian place. I think it's important to treat yourself. We've got a budget of course but we allow for a couple of nights a month like this. I was super impressed with the sushi place last month and left a huge tip, unfortunately that was the whole tip budget for the month so the staff at the Indian place didn't do so well LOL. Food was still really good though. Sushi and Indian are probably my favorite eating out meals because I can't even come close to replicating that food at home.
Before we had children it was nothing to drop $200 on dinner for the wife and I. The last time we had a $500 bill was around May. I remember about 15 years ago, we went out to a high dollar Italian restaurant and dropped about a grand between four of us. Those were good times man. I wish I could go back to those times. I mean, we had waiters just standing by our tables to take drink orders. Those dudes earned a great tip. We usually tipped over 25%. I remember going back to restaurants and people would be all over our table. Good times man. Good times.

Because Im away from home for several weeks at a time when Im home I'd eat maybe 4-6 times a week. I take my mum and youngest boy out for lunch every Saturday that Im home usualy at a pub thats kid friendly. Me and the partner ritualy eat at the same Japanese restaurant when Im home and we dont hold back on food and usualy knock off a couple of beers and 2 pots of sake. The rest of the time its ether at local pubs or wineries

Back