How pathetic am I? The Wire is on Amazon Prime......

Tough but fair.

Someone made a critically acclaimed show set in my town that I've never watched either. It's called Trailer Park Boys.

I've tried watching that show at least 3 different times. I just can't get into it, WTF is so funny about a dude sleeping in a car??? I feel like I'm too old to find it funny or something.

The Wire is the best show of all time. And it's not even close.

After The Wire, watch The Deuce. By the same people, and it's fantastic.

....and I've never watched it!!!!
I am one wrung below you TS.

I got Amazon prime for the free shipping and have never even looked at what the other offerings are such as TV or Movies. I don't even know what other perks there are with it. Guess I should and guess I should cue up The Wire since it on my watch list as well.

I watched through it for the first time on Prime earlier this year and absolutely loved it. The first 2 seasons were such a grind I almost gave up on the show multiple times, but a friend of mine on another message board pushed me to keep watching so I did, from season 3 on it is some of the best written television I've ever seen. It does peter out down the stretch of season 5 though, felt like the writers/HBO kind of gave up on it, it didn't feel like it got a proper ending that it deserved it just kind of petered out and finished with a whimper.

I actually did like season 4 of The Wire better than any season of The Sopranos, still for my money though it doesn't get any better than season 3 of X-Files, GOAT tv show season.

Greatest show of all time (I personally believe it's tied with the modern BSG remake).

I just finished rewatching it again last year and I expected to hate season 5 again. I didn't. It came together much better than I remembered.

And season two is incredible. It's an incredible, albeit, different angle that begins to unwind how big drugs and money are.

Season 4 is the greatest season of television that has ever happened. Poignant and heartbreaking.

so overrated. barely made it through an episode
I'll never understand the love for this show. It literally put me to sleep over and over again until i gave up but I have seen dozens of different people praising it as the GOAT.

Tough but fair.

Someone made a critically acclaimed show set in my town that I've never watched either. It's called Trailer Park Boys.

Tough.....but fair

better-call-saul3.jpg

Back