How prevalent is Junior Amateur Muay Thai in the United States?

acannxr

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Describe its prevalence with how many fights one could expect to get per year.

You need to be a bit more specific. The United States is a huge country and only certain areas have a real Muay Thai scene.

@shincheckin is an active fighter he may be able to shed some light.

hey dude not sure for texas but SoCal is the hotspot for US Muay Thai. A youngster could look at fighting as often as every month if wanted, possibly more, things are really starting to pick up with the local muay thai shows. Fighting once every 3 months would be no problem at all.

hey dude not sure for texas but SoCal is the hotspot for US Muay Thai. A youngster could look at fighting as often as every month if wanted, possibly more, things are really starting to pick up with the local muay thai shows. Fighting once every 3 months would be no problem at all.
California in general had a strong amateur scene. I know that the ustmo has a good youth development program here in the Bay Area and Sacramento valey

California in general had a strong amateur scene. I know that the ustmo has a good youth development program here in the Bay Area and Sacramento valey
Thanks for the insight, much appreciated ;).

I saw quite a few MT gyms when I visited New York but I don't know how legit they are or if there's much of a competitive scene. I also appreciate it's not near Texas or SoCal.

Back