How realistic would it be for WME to put on a few Pride shows a year ?

cheachea

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
With Pride rules and in a ring.

It doesn’t even have to be a lot of shows just some to shake things up.

I mean they did the whole boxing thing with Mayweather. Why can’t they resurrect Pride a few times a year ?

JR2h.gif

Soccer kicks and knees to the head won't be allowed in the US...

No soccer kicks no knees to the head...no PrideFC for me

I mean they did the whole boxing thing with Mayweather. Why can’t they resurrect Pride a few times a year ?
Because Pride is a ancient relic that died for a reason.

It's too late. There's no money in it anymore.

The time to start doing big pride nostalgia shows was 2008 or 2009.

Not that I wouldn't love to see it and I would absolutely buy that PPV.

I was just thinking it would be awesome to see our just bleed fan favorite fighters like Robbie Lawler, Justin Gaethje etc in the Pride format / rules and in a ring.

Pride is dead get over it

is your argument really "if they'll do something that earns 9 figures, why wouldn't they do something that will probably lose money?!?"

that's a bad argument even for sherdogger standards.

look, Americans coming into Japan and doing business is not simple. there are a lot of road blocks and problems - political, cultural, etc - that would need to be navigated. if it were simple, and if it were profitable, then the F brothers would have dome it already. they had the infrastructure in place, and then didn't do it. that tells you something. it's not like those guys were in business to not make money.

Soccer kicks and knees to the head won't be allowed in the US...

No soccer kicks no knees to the head...no PrideFC for me

They could potentially run the Pride brand outside the US under those rules I spose, the main reason to bring it back would be to appeal to the Japanese(and maybe S Korean) markets.

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-20_9-38-47.gif
    upload_2018-7-20_9-38-47.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-20_9-39-44.gif
    upload_2018-7-20_9-39-44.gif
    1 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Other than having a host of stars fighting on their shows, Pride, especially the ring, sucked.

look, Americans coming into Japan and doing business is not simple. there are a lot of road blocks and problems - political, cultural, etc - that would need to be navigated. if it were simple, and if it were profitable, then the F brothers would have dome it already. they had the infrastructure in place, and then didn't do it. that tells you something. it's not like those guys were in business to not make money.

WTF?

Am I misunderstanding you? UFC has been holding events in Japan about once a year since at least 2012:

UFC 144
UFC on Fuel TV: Silva vs. Stann
UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs. Nelson
UFC Fight Night: Barnett vs. Nelson
UFC Fight Night: Saint Preux vs. Okami

I would be in favor of one a year. Make it the Friday card in July the night before the PPV. Pride rules most likely won't be sanctioned, but the aesthetics would be cool. Also, they should go back to Pride drug testing.

Back