How relevant is mario sperrys vale tudo 1 dvds now?

Sperry is a Beast but if anyone just casually walked by my desk while I was watching that Vimeo video with two dudes in speedo's wrestling, hahahaha. I can't imagine what they would think.

I work at a bank...

His DVDs are also great for applying BJJ to self defense situations.

Sperry is a Beast but if anyone just casually walked by my desk while I was watching that Vimeo video with two dudes in speedo's wrestling, hahahaha. I can't imagine what they would think.

I work at a bank...

LOL. I watched it at my school's library, I can't imagine what people thought the hell I was watching when they walked by :eek:

You pass the guard of my mother like that....maybe

jiu jitsu didn't evolve they changed the rules

you put two guys in a cage no time limit vale tudo rules its going to look exactly the same

no standups or time limits headbutts allowed
its just a different sport

I work at a bank...

I loled hard at that.

LOL. I watched it at my school's library, I can't imagine what people thought the hell I was watching when they walked by

I suggest you download it to the school librarys computer and watch regularly.

It depends:

Do you know how to handle yourself in the Str33tz? If no, very relevant.

For MMA is outdated, but still solid, just do not think that everything will work in this level of competition.

Overall, it is a good source of how to be a ground fighting oriented fighter.

Still great. Heck, Vale Tudo 3 would help demian maia learn to use strikes to set up his takedowns instead of shooting from 10 miles away and missing them all the time.

Last edited:
How about the 3rd series? Is that more "modern mma?"

The first 2 are still great, just the takedown tapes won't be as good. The third one (takedowns) is still good and BJJ guys don't follow his advice even now, which is why they can't get takedowns a lot of times.

Sperry is my life coach.

What is surreal, is that Sperry is now competing in my division. After watching that YouTube highlight, I would have a hard time keeping a straight face during the match!

What is surreal, is that Sperry is now competing in my division. After watching that YouTube highlight, I would have a hard time keeping a straight face during the match!
Your face is gonna change real soon.

Sperry Vale Tudo 1 is more relevant in 2018 than ever before, especially the dire warning about ':eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: punches'.

edit: lol, 2018 forum software can't handle teh unreconstructed Mario

Last edited:
I've said this before but if you get a chance do not miss a Mario Sperry seminar. It is exactly like his videos.

In particular he says the "I've been doing this s*** for xxx years" a lot

Back