Reaction score

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Even DC is laughing at DC
gigRkm4.jpg

Michael Bay, you legend!

Haven't watched that video yet, but introducing a new Batman on film so quickly and not doing MOS2 is what really sabotaged the DCEU, IMO.

Man of Steel is one of the worst movies of all time. That perhaps ruined it all.

Too many Supermans and too many Batmans didn’t help either.

Halfway through the video and they mention Snyder thinking he is smarter than he really is. That is so true, especially in regards to BvS.

Nolan Batman was way too good!

The acting, the characters and the chemistry they had was at its peak. The fact that they tried to integrate realism is an extremely important factor due to the fact that us as audience want to use our power of imagination to relate to the characters in some shape or form because the idea is semi-possible and can be integrated in our own lives.

This was the case for the first season of Gotham. You had Don Maroni who was ALMOST like Tony Soprano and the character had to rely on his wits and mafioso experience to out think his enemies while being somewhat of a street boss. Same as the case with Don Falcone who was based on the Godfather while he was more businessman/white collar. Both characters were based on a winning and tried and trued formula that people enjoyed.

Later Gotham seasons you had...mind control, bullshit magical powers, meaningless resurrections and just bullshit gimmicky comic book shit that shat on the initial tone of the first season. Now the show is coming to an end because ratings have gone to shit.

Cliffs: People relate to realistic scenarios more so than over the top fictional world settings.

I still can't over the ridiculous portrayal of Lex Luthor. Who was responsible for the casting of Jesse Eisenberg and who told him to play the character the way he did?

I also want to know whose decision it was to combine three different movies into one. Batman v. Superman, the Death of Superman, and the formation of the Justice League. Those should have been three separate movies. Also if you are going to kill off Superman, be prepared to explore the ramifications of his death and give other characters a chance to develop. Not immediately bring him back in the sequel.

Them trying to ape Marvel's EU (I hate those films but can't deny their continued success and mass appeal) is what killed it. That, what ever studio exec fuckery went and it seems like every single one of the DC movies has been plagued by problems during filming.

DC letting marvel beat them to the punch and too many Batman movies is what
killed the DCEU.

Dceu needs to bring back russell crowe Jor El...and more WW.

Nah BvS was BS & DC’s downfall. Rushed & shit. Terrible film to introduce Batman & Justice League + Jesse Eisenberg is Lex Luthor, what a joke.

The acting, the characters and the chemistry they had was at its peak. The fact that they tried to integrate realism is an extremely important factor due to the fact that us as audience want to use our power of imagination to relate to the characters in some shape or form because the idea is semi-possible and can be integrated in our own lives.

This was the case for the first season of Gotham. You had Don Maroni who was ALMOST like Tony Soprano and the character had to rely on his wits and mafioso experience to out think his enemies while being somewhat of a street boss. Same as the case with Don Falcone who was based on the Godfather while he was more businessman/white collar. Both characters were based on a winning and tried and trued formula that people enjoyed.

Later Gotham seasons you had...mind control, bullshit magical powers, meaningless resurrections and just bullshit gimmicky comic book shit that shat on the initial tone of the first season. Now the show is coming to an end because ratings have gone to shit.

Cliffs: People relate to realistic scenarios more so than over the top fictional world settings.

People relate over the top, fictional world settings if they are done correctly. The MCU proved that over and over again. So did the OG Star Wars movies, the Lord of the Rings franchise and many others. The problem with the DCEU isn't the setting. It's shit-tier writing.

Wonder Woman had an immortal demi-goddess fighting Ares the God of War himself, and it's easily DC/Warner Bros most successful move since TDKR.

It will take DC years to fix the damage they did with BvS and Justice League, and that's assuming they are smart enough to address the problem in the first place.

Man of Steel is one of the worst movies of all time. That perhaps ruined it all.

Too many Supermans and too many Batmans didn’t help either.

And too many Jokers and too many Flashes.

Yes, that's why DC has better characters, because they have no magic against those who are totally op. It requires story writing .

Them trying to ape Marvel's EU (I hate those films but can't deny their continued success and mass appeal) is what killed it. That, what ever studio exec fuckery went and it seems like every single one of the DC movies has been plagued by problems during filming.

Indeed, I totally disagree with the idea that the DC EU is just looking to repeat the Nolan Batmans style unsuccessfully, those films are full of over the top elements to them and bare very little similarity to Nolan, its basically the MCU with a bit of immature grimdark thrown in done in a rush by less talented direct/writers/cast with less freedom.

Personally I tend to think the issue is that DC moved away from the Nolan concept and that their properties did not naturally suit a shared universe as well as Marvels did. It didn't automatically mean that everything had to follow the ultra realistic style of Nolan's Batman but just keep the franchises separate with an individual tone suited to each of them. Wonderwoman is probably the closest they've come to that and it was their biggest success, the first half of The Man of Steel as well wasn't that bad either for me before it became overly cluttered trying to set things up too quickly.

I think the main issue DC had is the management environment became massively hubristic after the Nolan films believing that their characters alone were the reason for the films success, the same way Lucasfilm seem to have recently. Marvel though seemed to learn the lesson that you needed to bring in creative people on the rise like Nolan and his cast and ultimately I think that's a massive part of the MCU. Its why characters like Ironman who were mostly unknown to the general public have taken off, basically something new has been created especially for the films the same way Nolan did with Batman.

Last edited:
I don't know what it is but everytime I tried to watch batman vs superman or justice league. I tuned out because it was so uninteresting. I do admit I finished wonderwoman and it wasn't that bad. I think it's Affleck as batman that killed it for me

DC doesn't need an extended universe.

They simply need to just have compelling stories with their characters (in three chapters each).

There. That's it.

Who was responsible for the casting of Jesse Eisenberg and who told him to play the character the way he did?

Because that’s all he can do, Eisenberg is an ugly hack

Like Avatar, Star Wars, The Avengers, Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, LotR, Transformers etc etc?

Back