How the hell is the WWE not dead yet?

Wrestling is awesome, I don't watch WWE outside of PPV's and even then I'm less interested in WWE stuff. Pro wrestling is amazing live. I love being in the ring, watching as a fan, just being around the business is amazing. The WWE won't die because there will always be a demand for live television and the WWE fits that at a relatively cheap cost. The WWE knows they aren't going to be the NFL. They do understand that their time slots are money most of the time and they have infinite avenues to check their product. It's marketed extremely well.

Who says I am griping about it? I honestly don't care if people still watch WWE. I was a huge fan as a teen back in the "attitude era." I just am perplexed as to how it is continuing when (at least from my observations) nobody is watching it anymore.

Then WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU CREATING A THREAD WITH AN OPENING STATEMENT LIKE THIS :

How the hell is the WWE not dead yet?
I mean really, who even watches it anymore?

You're griping, buddy.

I lost interest around 85/86

tenor.gif
Then why are you posting from an event that took place after 94?

Ha Luke Thomas had that guy on his Sirius show , good schtik
ha, was he in character? He's got some great lines:

“You know what, I think Bernie Sanders would make a great Secretary of State,” Richards said before being jeered. Later on, he tried to persuade the crowd. “I want to exchange your bullets for bullet points. Bullet points of knowledge.” A few minutes later, Timmy Lou Retton came out to wrestle. (Richards lost. You know who would have won, though?)

I had a shit load of fun wrestling pillows during raw and nitro night. You let all your aggression out on those feathery fucks. I had a killer razor's edge back in the day.
I personally used to do a razor's edge to sit out powerbomb. Shit was dominant.

Yeah, it's almost 100% awful now. But, it's aimed even more at kids. Kids love it and parents buy the merch for them.

Yeah, it's almost 100% awful now. But, it's aimed even more at kids. Kids love it and parents buy the merch for them.

That's what is keeping it afloat. So long as the Merch is continuously being sold, Business will remain as far as the WWE goes.

I drop in and check out what is going on in WWE every once in a while and every time I do I ask myself the same question, how in the sam hell are these guys still in business with absolute drizzling shits for a television show? The answer is that they are a fucking tank of a business now, nothing at all like what it was when I was a kid. Now they are so fucking corporate they have stock holders and are deeply entrenched in foreign markets, their World Champ for the past couple of months has been this Indian guy that wouldn't have even made it as a jobber back in my days as a fan, the sole purpose is their business in India and probably the same reason why there are so many fucking Indian movies on Netflix now.

But yeah, corporate business is why they are still in business, if they had the product they have today back in the 90's they would have died quick. They just didn't have the business infrastructure that they do now, it doesn't matter how many people are watching they can lay a turd every Monday night and they are still making bank from business distribution and sponsorship deals.

Who the fuck are these people. Wasteland this thread.

Who the fuck are these people. Wasteland this thread.

This is the Pro Wrestling forum.

I think it would take a hell of a lot more to Wasteland this thread. <Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

Who says I am griping about it? I honestly don't care if people still watch WWE. I was a huge fan as a teen back in the "attitude era." I just am perplexed as to how it is continuing when (at least from my observations) nobody is watching it anymore.

Your observations are obviously wrong.

wwe > baseball, golf, cricket

Edit: and don't even mention the NFL, 3 hours to play 11 minutes. wrestlemania > the superbowl.

I mean really, who even watches it anymore? I don't know what the super PC totally non-offensive term they use nowadays is, but I have a buddy who is mentally retarded. For the past decade or so it seems like he and other mentally retarded people are literally the only people I know who still watch it. Last time I saw him, I asked him who the current WWE champ is, and he didn't even know. He said WWE is lame now and he got bored of it. I don't even see little kids walking around in pro wrestler shirts like I used to. I almost feel like a kid would get made fun of for that now. I basically don't know anybody who watches WWE, but it's still on the air and they look to have decent crowds so...
At least 100K people still watch...

IMG_0181

Used to watch all the time in my teens during the attitude era..

Not gonna lie i sub to the network when the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania roll around.. I never watch RAW or smackdown anymore.. but i do check youtube for highlights to see if anything is good..

For example last week Vince Mc got legit headbutted and busted open

Problem with wrestling now days is that kind of stuff is totally rare its 99% PG/PC

Also the wrestlers look terrible.. I am in good shape.. but would be dwarfed by the likes of Hogan.. Goldberg..

The guy who headbutted Vince looks 100x worse then me.. huge gut and neckbeard etc

Yeah. I have to argue with my uberfan cousin all the time. Kevin Owens is an incredible talent in the ring and on the stick but the casual fan watches him feud with Roman Reigns or Brock Lesnar and they're taken out of the moment instantly. To quoth Disco Inferno Glen Gilberto, "That wellness policy isn't doing these guys any favors."

i havent watched it since i was in elementary school and it was called WWF

that being said, its basically live theater with an emphasis on action

even when i was a kid, i knew it was fake, but it was still fun to watch the stunts and storylines. I know john wick is fake, but i still enjoyed watching the action scenes

Always my sentiments.

Back