How the hell is the WWE not dead yet?

TNA was close. Or at least as close as anyone has ever come,which in reality wasn't that close at all. Still though, they built this little org up from scratch with fresh original talent, had a pretty sweet TV deal, and was slowly gaining traction and becoming a factor.

Then they went full fucking retard, hired all the people that sunk WCW, buried their original talent with has beens and WWE mid-carders, and shit the bed worse than anyone could've ever imagined.
This.

There's still a void that can be filled, but as every year passes by and as pro wrestling continues to become more irrelevant in mainstream pop culture, that void is going to get smaller.

If I was consulted:
  • An 18-35 product built specifically for the male demographic.
  • As a result, traditional television wouldn't work. Would need to be on a visible premium distributor like HBO, Showtime, or a popular streaming service like Netflix. Perhaps even ad-supported YouTube.
  • Putting it on your own streaming service (like Progress and RevPro) is a surefire way to limit your exposure.
  • They really need to scour the planet for talent who have that golden combination of charisma and in-ring talent. Ultimately, top quality matches and promos get talent over, who in turn get the promotion over.
  • And I believe "Lucha Underground" has it completely correct by building their own fictional universe in which they have unlimited creative freedom to make their own rules and angles. Get as far away from the WWE style of presentation as you can.

Because then the neck beards would have to pick one of the other promotions they love to turn into the one that it is ironically hip to hate on.

So instead they just keep watching WWE to ironically hate it, and so it'll go on forever. Never ending source of income.

Does it though? They have a hard time drawing a crowd these days and house shows are the backbone of any succesful promotion. If no one shows up, you can't stay in the black for long.
they pull in over half a billion a year

profit wise they don't make a lot of money but as a public company they really don't need to

eh i should've scrolled down and seen this has been addressed already

Back