How to adjust TV settings

DoomPatrol

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
What's going on gues? Saw the 4k TV thread and didn't want to hijack it. I want help setting the picture on a new TV I have. It's nothing special, just a 720p HD TV. It's currently running the shelf picture settings and doesn't look right to me.

Anyone have any guidance on setting the various picture settings such as contrast, warmth, sharpness, et cetera. What order should I set them in?

Type of tv?

What is the source of the picture? Ie, cable box, PC, blu-ray, etc.

How is it connected? HDMI, rgb, component, etc.

Does it have a weird motion capture setting often referred to as "soap opera effect"?

Just search the model number of your tv with best picture settings and it should link you to a place that will guide you on what to input.

Sup, bitch.

Are there different "general settings" for your television viewing? In the below image, it's classified by VIEWING MODE:

maxresdefault.jpg

First pick the viewing mode closest to what you like, you stupid ethnic. Scroll through them and rewatch the same scene in different modes.

Once your monkey-ass has decided which mode looks closest to your idiotic sensibilities, go into each category (backlight, contrast, etc.) and tweak until you've got what you want. Prioritize in order of whatever bothers you most. Setting Contrast too high is antithetical; err on the side of less. Contrast is huge.

So is Motion. Fucking around with the below settings will require plenty of rewatch...

maxresdefault.jpg

.... so select a scene that both has lots of motion and lots of debris. Like a Michael Bay film.

Since your cunty television is cheap as hell, chances are the AUTO settings (such as AUTO dark or AUTO light sensor or AUTO anything) need to be turned off; the idea being you should see the image as raw as possible from the source. Like all of this, below Color Tone??

settings-H5203-1.png

Fucker, turn it OFF. OFF, FUCKERRRRRR.

to improve picture settings on a 720p tv follow these steps:

1. Throw it in the trash.

its 720 p -- so my suggestion would be get a better job.

Also, if you google the make and brand there should be different blogs about what people did in 2003 to optimize that TV

How did you even buy a new 720p TV?

Type of tv?

What is the source of the picture? Ie, cable box, PC, blu-ray, etc.

How is it connected? HDMI, rgb, component, etc.

Does it have a weird motion capture setting often referred to as "soap opera effect"?

HDMI connected to everything. I'll have to double check the brand though.

Sup, bitch.

Are there different "general settings" for your television viewing? In the below image, it's classified by VIEWING MODE:

maxresdefault.jpg

First pick the viewing mode closest to what you like, you stupid ethnic. Scroll through them and rewatch the same scene in different modes.

Once your monkey-ass has decided which mode looks closest to your idiotic sensibilities, go into each category (backlight, contrast, etc.) and tweak until you've got what you want. Prioritize in order of whatever bothers you most. Setting Contrast too high is antithetical; err on the side of less. Contrast is huge.

So is Motion. Fucking around with the below settings will require plenty of rewatch...

maxresdefault.jpg

.... so select a scene that both has lots of motion and lots of debris. Like a Michael Bay film.

Since your cunty television is cheap as hell, chances are the AUTO settings (such as AUTO dark or AUTO light sensor or AUTO anything) need to be turned off; the idea being you should see the image as raw as possible from the source. Like all of this, below Color Tone??

settings-H5203-1.png

You do realize I'm white right?

How did you even buy a new 720p TV?

It was in the clearance section of Frys for like $60. Couldn't say no to a cheap balcony television.

All TV makes have different menu options, look up your specific model.

Also, you'll be shit on in this thread for having a 720p tv and not the newest 4k tv. You sound poor, etc.

Most people here prioritize watching other men do things, as opposed to living their own lives and, therefore, require the best TVs available.

All TV makes have different menu options, look up your specific model.

Also, you'll be shit on in this thread for having a 720p tv and not the newest 4k tv. You sound poor, etc.

Most people here prioritize watching other men do things, as opposed to living their own lives and, therefore, require the best TVs available.

Depending on how you watch TV, the source might not broadcast in more than 720p. My Spectrum Cable is only 720p on most channels. The local stations are all 720p. Most changed to digital early when 720p was available and didn't want to go to the expense of changing transmitters again.

Anyone have any guidance on setting the various picture settings such as contrast, warmth, sharpness, et cetera. What order should I set them in?

I take it you don't have the owner's manual. Google the TV model under .pdf. You should find a copy of the manual that way.

I take it you don't have the owner's manual. Google the TV model under .pdf. You should find a copy of the manual that way.

It just gives generic information like "to turn sharpness up, increase sharpness". It doesn't really explain how to really set them to optimize the picture quality. Like how sharp should it be? What about warmth? How do they affect each other while I'm adjusting them? Is there an order I should adjust them in?

some ruthless cunts in this thread
also ts sounds poor

Sup, bitch.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

settings-H5203-1.png

Wait...what???? Lol

Back