How to Defeat the Opposite Ideology

A.S. Deep

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
*** Replace liberalism for conservatism if you are conservative.

Imagine that by 50 years' time you had to reduce conversatives to no more than 5% of the U.S. population. How would you do it?

Rules: NO KILLING OR VIOLENCE. You have to win the war of ideas.

Would you focus on controlling the media so it only promotes liberalism? Would you focus on promoting liberalism in public schools so kids grow up knowing nothing else? Ignore your morality for this thought experiment and focus on what will work most effectively and efficiently.

I'd focus on controlling education and having an effective Democratic party that knows how to win, but I'll give my full answer later.

Last edited:
It's a nonsensical question, "liberal" or "conservative" are relative phrases defined by their contrast or deviation from any selected population.

A "conservative" in a given time and place could have ideologies that align with a "liberal" in another hypothetical time and place.

One can simultaneously be both liberal and conservative depending on the breadth of the sample population you are comparing to.

*** Replace liberalism for conservatism if you are conservative.

Imagine that by 50 years' time you had to reduce conversatives to no more than 5% of the U.S. population. How would you do it?

Rules: NO KILLING OR VIOLENCE. You have to win the war of ideas.

Would you focus on controlling the media so it only promotes liberalism? Would you focus on promoting liberalism in public schools so kids grow up knowing nothing else? Ignore your morality for this thought experiment and focus on what will work most effectively and efficiently.

I'd focus on controlling education and having an effective Democratic party that knows how to win, but I'll give my full answer later.

By using science and evidence. Though human biases work against evidence, even when presented over the long term, it might sink in. Like immigrants settling into Switzerland or other advanced nations. They tend to leave their primitive religions and odd biases and assimilate. Usually by the 2nd or 3rd generation. For example, Muslim 1st generation parents stick to their culture more. By the third generation they adhere to the pro gay fad and atheism. That was just an example.

In the end Science will prevail, arguments and facts will have to revolve around science. Climate change, capitalism, homo erectus, secularism, human rights, etc....while the left vs right battle it out, it will eventually keep progressing for the better.

Because in the end our world views are based on how we perceive the world.

Unfortunately, war, and violence are how things normally get resolved in real world geo politics or social engineering. It always has been the way. Negotiation only occurs after lots of people die off.

I think the dream of defeating the other ideology has led to the intensification of partisanship we've seen in the past few decades. Each party gets the ascendancy for a moment and then schemes about how they can turn it into a permanent majority. I'm firmly center right, but it's not hard to see how the center left has much to offer our country. In fact, I'd prefer to discuss policy with members of the center left than with those from the far right, usually civilly though sometimes with deeply offensive hotdog gifs. @HomerThompson

I think it is a repudiation of the extremes and a spirit of compromise that has led to the great success of American politics through the centuries.

I think the dream of defeating the other ideology has led to the intensification of partisanship we've seen in the past few decades. Each party gets the ascendancy for a moment and then schemes about how they can turn it into a permanent majority. I'm firmly center right, but it's not hard to see how the center left has much to offer our country. In fact, I'd prefer to discuss policy with members of the center left than with those from the far right, usually civilly though sometimes with deeply offensive hotdog gifs. @HomerThompson

I think it is a repudiation of the extremes and a spirit of compromise that has led to the great success of American politics through the centuries.
<Jaime01>

Interesting thread ts
How would I defeat my conservative enemies?
surely will involve the true strategy of working up your base while hammering conservative policy failures real AND imaginary of course.
One idea is to chill out on the SJW thing. The liberals are now the party of " legislating morality". The sole holder of legislating morality was the Religious Right. Strange. But there doing it. They have forgotten how obnoxious it was

I have no desire to win. A more interesting question is how ideologies are leveraged as political tools in both positive and negative ways.

Conservatives appeal to protection, caution, accountability, stability while liberals appeal to progress, exploration, altruism. Both have their roles as positive culteral values and both will be hijacked by those who want power. Culteral factors will also allow one side to bigger hold back on society than the other.

I have no desire to win. A more interesting question is how ideologies are leveraged as political tools in both positive and negative ways.

Conservatives appeal to protection, caution, accountability, stability while liberals appeal to progress, exploration, altruism. Both have their roles as positive culteral values and both will be hijacked by those who want power. Culteral factors will also allow one side to bigger hold back on society than the other.
Nuance, eh?

giphy.gif

I can't defeat religious people, they love to breed too much.

Yep. I hate to say it out loud but we need each other. Heart emoji

These two thoughts, don't work together.

Correct, that is why we have a rift between ideologies. Science should be the truth, morality is man made and should be based on evidence and compassion. But because we have cognitive biases, the goal of a logic based society will be difficult to attain.

Conservative ideology is typically spread through traditional family, smaller communities, belief in God, Bible believing churches, traditional roles of man, woman, father, mother, and help your neighbor when he needs a hand.

Your liberal/left ideology is spread through breakdown of traditional family, breakdown of traditional roles, the promotion of sexual immorality, media, big cities, big govt handouts

Look at the voting maps by county, this doesn't explain everything but this explains a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
The writers of the declaration didn't want you or anyone to win over the others ideology they wanted to keep both sides at the negotiating effort.

We will always want a conservative view and a progressive view to be able to have an intelligent thought process.

Correct, that is why we have a rift between ideologies. Science should be the truth, morality is man made and should be based on evidence and compassion. But because we have cognitive biases, the goal of a logic based society will be difficult to attain.

what place does love or compassion have in the scientific method?

Conservative ideology is typically spread through traditional family, smaller communities, belief in God, Bible believing churches, traditional roles of man, woman, father, mother, and help your neighbor when he needs a hand.

Your liberal/left ideology is spread through breakdown of traditional family, breakdown of traditional roles, the promotion of sexual immorality, media, big cities, big govt handouts

Look at the voting maps by county, this doesn't explain everything but this explains a lot.

You christians dont get to decide what is sexually moral and immoral, considering your book has an appalling, primitive view towards sex.

Media is liberal?

Conservative states take in more money for social services and assistance than liberal states.

Besides, no christian should ever decry handouts, considering the work and message of your prophet....

You won't get rid of the opposite ideology completely, the pendulum swings.

Back