How to do a flying knee like Yoel Romero

Focus on the basics first. Start training and learn a regular knee first. Gradually move on to flying knees

I have 8 children, 3 wives and 2 husbands and I am literally typing this in between rounds at Sitsonpeenong.

Does your Mother know what you have been up too..... When you getting the 2.5 dogs and half a mortgage

Basics, focus on regular knees till you have perfect balance, and all that time you should be doing jump squats on the regular. From there it should all fit together with a lot of reps.

Basics, focus on regular knees till you have perfect balance, and all that time you should be doing jump squats on the regular. From there it should all fit together with a lot of reps.

One of the best pieces of advise thus far

One of the best pieces of advise thus far

Keep in mind when it comes to actually using it in practise Yoel will only do it the once and it lands, he's got good timing, he knows roughly when his opponent is going to duck and then he jumps into it. He doesn't run around throwing tons of flying knees like Yushin Okami would do in that situation.

Another good fighter to watch to see them used tactically is Murthel Groenhart.

Keep in mind when it comes to actually using it in practise Yoel will only do it the once and it lands, he's got good timing, he knows roughly when his opponent is going to duck and then he jumps into it. He doesn't run around throwing tons of flying knees like Yushin Okami would do in that situation.

Another good fighter to watch to see them used tactically is Murthel Groenhart.

True! But that Knee to clifford starks was way more impressive then the weidman one where weidman ducked and ran into into.. Your right about everything thanks. Ima check him out

Im thinking about training at a famous gym in my city. I had done some MMA in the past and had an ACL injury. Im fine now. Im training to be very explosive atm. In my squats, chinups, etc.

If you guys saw the flying knee Yoel does vs Clifford Starks.. Its SO IMPRESSIVE. How do I learn to do a flying knee like that? he literally flies.. Grabs Starks head midair and pushes it in his upper knee If i remember correctly.. Ik GSP can do backflips and such, Silva etc. But its not the same..

PS Im the same height and reach as Yoel so yeah. Hes a big guy. Im sure those big legs and glutes can generate a lot of power for explosion.
SHOULD I train like basketball dunkers train, for vertical JUMPS? Would that translate into a flying knee?

Explosive squats? Box Jumps? Box jumps with weights?

you should practice the hadouken instead, the flying knee is

182x5y9w98tjsjpg.jpg

im just messing with you dude. its a funny question. The flying knee is used in MMA, but its was taken from Muay Thai. I have a tutorial on my channel how to do it. Its pretty simple really. If you know how to knee, all you do is jump into it.

hips back, jump forward, knee/hips forward

When I was training I didn't get to a legit muay thai gym until I was 3 years into training and had to train myself a year before that. When i was training half way through one instructor left who was traditional muay thai and this new muay thai instructor came who is a cop and has mma and said he had 8 smokers and knocked out all his opponents in them. When we would be doing pad work he would give us the option to do a flying knee on the pad or a regular knee. You should do pistol squats if you can and then progress into one legged jump squats, then practice throwing a flying knee.

It may not seem like it, but a flying knee as actually thrown on one leg, you jump on one leg and knee with the other. But if anything if your sparring you should every time you get the chance too whenever your partner covers up throw a flying knee to the body. If you had surgery on your knee then you might want to wait a while. And before doing the flying knee in sparring throw it on the bag first, if you have real dedication practice it like 50x a day.

Muay thai fighters in thailand practice 100 kicks and 100 knees on the bag every day obviously they have a rest but they will do it frequently, remember practice a regular knee first then a flying knee, and if you want to really try and hit it in mma, try throwing a bicycle flying knee (you take 2 steps then lift the lead knee up and then hit the rear knee) this will confuse wrestlers too and make them go for a takedown. That's when you'll hit them with the knock out knee.

I hate these dumb ass threads.
If you’re being serious, which I doubt you are, then ask the coaches at the famous mma gym you claim to be in your city.

But you’re right, come here first and ask random ass ppl instead.
Good job dumb ass
tenor.gif

When I was training I didn't get to a legit muay thai gym until I was 3 years into training and had to train myself a year before that. When i was training half way through one instructor left who was traditional muay thai and this new muay thai instructor came who is a cop and has mma and said he had 8 smokers and knocked out all his opponents in them. When we would be doing pad work he would give us the option to do a flying knee on the pad or a regular knee. You should do pistol squats if you can and then progress into one legged jump squats, then practice throwing a flying knee.

It may not seem like it, but a flying knee as actually thrown on one leg, you jump on one leg and knee with the other. But if anything if your sparring you should every time you get the chance too whenever your partner covers up throw a flying knee to the body. If you had surgery on your knee then you might want to wait a while. And before doing the flying knee in sparring throw it on the bag first, if you have real dedication practice it like 50x a day.

Muay thai fighters in thailand practice 100 kicks and 100 knees on the bag every day obviously they have a rest but they will do it frequently, remember practice a regular knee first then a flying knee, and if you want to really try and hit it in mma, try throwing a bicycle flying knee (you take 2 steps then lift the lead knee up and then hit the rear knee) this will confuse wrestlers too and make them go for a takedown. That's when you'll hit them with the knock out knee.

50x a day is nothing wtf? Thank you for this ANSWERRR!!!!!!!! Ima do pistol squats rn

Gotta be extremely light on your feet. if your flat footed it aint happening.

Back