How to Get Free Bits on Twitch

Hollywood Jack

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Bits are a virtual currency used on Twitch to support streamers. The streamers get 1 cent for every bit you give them, so 100 bits would equal $1 US Dollar. You can pay for bits from Twitch at a 40% markup, meaning $1.40 for 100 bits or $7.00 for 500 bits and so on, with some discounts on the markup when you buy in bulk.

But it's actually relatively simple to get bits for free. Personally, I've given 1,111 bits ($11.11) on Twitch so far this week, I presently have 84 bits stored, and I should be able to get hundreds more today, all for free.

The way to do it is to get bits by watching ads on Twitch, and the best way is on desktop rather than mobile, and to get in early. The system basically refreshes every day at 12:00 am PST/GMT-8. This would be 3 am in the Eastern US, 2 am in the Midwest, 1 am Mountain Time and 8 am in the UK/Ireland, 9 am in France/Italy, and so forth and so on.

Before watching ads, you need to disable any ad blocking programs you may be running. After watching a certain number of ads, you may be told that that's all the ads they have today. However, if you wait a little while, you should be able to watch ads again. After a while, it sometimes works to switch channels a bit to be able to watch even more ads.

Personally, I find that this works best on desktop with Firefox as my browser. Some people have more luck with this than others, but this definitely works for me. I also recommend "liking" the ad by clicking the smiley face button before clicking "I'm done" after watching the ad. It makes it easier to get more bits (a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 100). I'll provide a video below as a guide (which also explains getting bits by doing sponsored bit surveys on Twitch RPG, which I also do), but wanted to share above what personally works well for me. Good luck, guys...

Note: I believe this currently only works in the US and Canada as well as the UK and select other Western countries. Prices/taxes may be different in different countries. This is primarily based on my experience as a US user.

Dude, do the mechanical Turk on Amazon. You’re ‘working’ for what 10cents an hour?

Back