How to resell concert tickets?

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I bought 8 tickets to a Guns N' Roses concert for November because I thought a bunch of friends would buy from me. Some show interest, but I need to build interest from other people to make sure I can sell the other 7 (I'll use one) and at least take back what I paid for it.

I had the idea they will sell out in 10 minutes when they became available last July, so I bought multiple tickets thinking there would be a chance to earn some profit. But today you can still buy a few hundred online so that is off the table.

I don't know if I can expect the tickets to be sold out 1 or 2 weeks from the concert so I can earn from reselling. My concern now is just to sell the tickets and break even for the 7. How can I even sell them if people can just still buy the remaining online?

Last edited:
Guns n Roses in 2018? Isn’t that one dude a fat asshole now that sounds like a cat dying? Lol.

You made a crucial error.

There are sites that will sell them for you. You just try to break even if there are plenty of tix left. I have used stub hub, and another where people bid on them.

I'll give you 5 bucks for the lot.

There are sites that will sell them for you. You just try to break even if there are plenty of tix left. I have used stub hub, and another where people bid on them.

Cool. Will definitely use StubHub and similar sites for this. Thanks!

In order to break even on Stub Hub you gotta sell the tickets above face value though because of Stub Hubs fees
And then the person buying will have to pay even more than that because they are also charged Stub Hub fees
If lots of tickets are still available from the arena then you may have to sell below face value and just get as much money back as you can

I've resold directly through Ticketmaster, StubHub, and Craigslist when I haven't been able to attend or had someone bail. Ticketmaster is most convenient. You'll probably make more through Craigslist but it's the most sketchy. I think StubHub is like 5% cheaper than Ticketmaster to sell but requires more effort to list.

I thought every ticket you purchase nowadays is basically a resold ticket.

I know with the UFC tickets at least, the bots buy every ticket within 10 seconds and then you have to buy them at like 150% the value.

Guns n Roses in 2018? Isn’t that one dude a fat asshole now that sounds like a cat dying? Lol.
Cat in heat more like

As for re-selling tickets, you can try Craigslist and Ebay. If you're in Canada you can use Kijiji. You could also post that you have tix on the Gun 'R' fan pages on Facebook, and other Gun 'N' Roses-related social media sites.

Last edited:

just do your research so you can price your tickets accordingly. if the supply is high, don't be the one that is asking for 2x what everyone else is asking (obviously) because you don't want to be the one left standing there with tickets left days before the event still trying to unload. at that point, you stand a good chance of losing money in order to sell.

Ticketmaster, also there are FB groups.

try social media and ask your friends to share and repost. You will reach a large audience of people around you and probably within your age group that might be interested in attending.

Shoulda used the ticketmaster app in the first place to buy. You can sell them back to them for face I believe up till like 3 days before the concert.

Back