How to throw a technically proper, traditional Taekwondo side kick

i found side kicks can actually work pretty well when someone graps a right leg kick (orthodox). i kinda turn side on, drag away and then reverse the motion into a side kick. it's really one of the only traditional kicks i use sparring kickboxing

i found side kicks can actually work pretty well when someone graps a right leg kick (orthodox). i kinda turn side on, drag away and then reverse the motion into a side kick. it's really one of the only traditional kicks i use sparring kickboxing

They were standard in old American Kickboxing, then died out in K1, only to be revived in MMA. I think the general consensus is that side kicks are not the most effective full contact techniques against an equally skilled kickboxer.

They were standard in old American Kickboxing, then died out in K1, only to be revived in MMA. I think the general consensus is that side kicks are not the most effective full contact techniques against an equally skilled kickboxer.
thats what i'm saying about the leg kick to side kick. if you find the right context they are extremely effective. i basically don't kick much in sparring and rely heavily on punching, but i started using it because my friend is really good at catching leg kicks. he hesitates a little to grab leg kicks after i side kicked him in the face one day though.

Back