How was Anderson Silva considered GOAT when he had no legit ground game?

CodeBreaker

What belt?
@Brown
Reaction score
How was Anderson Silva considered GOAT when he had no legit ground game?

He was a top-notch striker, no doubt. But he always had known weakness. You knew he was in trouble when a good wrestler takes him down. I always believed GSP had legit arguments as GOAT more than Silva. Even Jon Jones has better arguments with how well-rounded his game is, whether stand up striking or wrestling/BJJ.

Not sure if you are joking or not..

But Anderson silva has a great ground game. Kinda the reason why he dares do all those ong bak and jet li moves on the stand up.

Because he beat the shit out of everyone in his division for years?

Silva is the GOAT because he is the GOAT, Eez normal playboi

<{silvanormal}>

He got on the roids when he came to the UFC and didn't lose for a few years.

Lol what? Submitted Travis Lutter and Pinheiro. Oh and good wrestlers in Chael Sonnen and Dan Henderson. Other than that he had beautiful takedowns against Patrick Cote and Nate Marquardt. Okami couldn’t take him down, neither could Sonnen in the 2nd fight nor The Chris after his first takedown. Not saying he was Michael Jordan of BJJ, or outwrestled everybody. But he definitely had competent ground game.

silva_sonnen_triangle.jpg

I don't happen to think Anderson is the GOAT... but it has nothing to do with how well rounded he is or is not.

If you have a known weekness, and no one can manage to expoit it to beat you, then that weekness becomes irrelevant to the GOAT discussion.

He has one of those Brazilian McDonalds black belts they give you when you order a happy meal. I've got 4 of them and I saw Aldo making the cheeseburgers out the back. I asked for no pickles but he put them in anyway. I didn't say anything because he probably isn't right after what Conor and Max did to him.

Silva is not the GOAT but the notion he had/has no ground game is ludicrous

He does have a ground game. It revolves around avoiding damage and preventing the opponent from advancing position while being aware of opportunistic sweeps/subs. Very effective in its own way.

His weakness in respect to grappling is that he's a pretty poor wrestler.

People often confuse lack of wrestling skills, or being prone to be being taken down by powerful wrestlers as having a poor ground game. By that logic, Nate Diaz has a bad ground game, he’ll even Royce Gracie isn’t good on the ground

This forum is getting worse by the day...

<{clintugh}>

He submitted the Michael Jordan of BJJ.

Back