How well would George Foreman have done in K1?

BringBackTRTforFairness

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
If he had learnt fast and well how to kick and defend kicks, change stance etc?

So imagine now hes very powerful at punching, but his kicks are even more devastating like extremely powerful, if a little lacking in finesse due to lack of experience

He has all the same attributes as in boxing.

How would Tyson have done, how would Ali have done,..... How should we know? It's purely speculation. obviously other athletes let alone accomplished strikers would have a much higher chance of succeeding then you average guy from the street if you had put them into a kickboxing gym. But who knows it's still just a chance and basically statistics since it never happened.

On paper he would have done well because of his style and physical attributes I imagine he would have liked the clinch and knees but who knows

So you're asking how Foreman would do, if he was also gifted with great kicking abilities? Based on that, probably pretty well.

If you're asking how he actually would have done if he switched to kickboxing, we'll never know, but I doubt he would have been a great kicker.

How well would Pee Wee Herman do if he developed world class kick boxing?

I think he would have been equally devastating, the best guy K1 has ever witnessed but still beatable since kicks KO better than punches.

If you think how well Jerome Le Banner did then just imagine foreman.

Also Im saying he will have low kicks like Filho, but not the same level of finesse and skill but just as good timming and power just basically a brutal kicker due to raw power and a brutal puncher,

I think he would have wiped out everyone but not been unbeatable

70's Foreman or 90's Foreman?

Peter would give him one lowkick and thats it.
End of the fight.

I think he would have been equally devastating, the best guy K1 has ever witnessed but still beatable since kicks KO better than punches.

If you think how well Jerome Le Banner did then just imagine foreman.

Also Im saying he will have low kicks like Filho, but not the same level of finesse and skill but just as good timming and power just basically a brutal kicker due to raw power and a brutal puncher,

I think he would have wiped out everyone but not been unbeatable

So if you combined one of the greatest boxers ever with one of the greatest kick boxers ever, you'd have a great kickboxer? Crazy thinking.

How would this hybrid do in MMA if he had Olympic level wrestling with Abu Dhabi level BJJ? Pretty well, I'm guessing.

So if you combined one of the greatest boxers ever with one of the greatest kick boxers ever, you'd have a great kickboxer? Crazy thinking.

How would this hybrid do in MMA if he had Olympic level wrestling with Abu Dhabi level BJJ? Pretty well, I'm guessing.

well the idea is if you have punching power that brutal you should have kicking power that brutal,since both use the hips, esp if we are talking about muay thai and I give Foreman the Thai style albeit a primitive version with awesome boxing

But anyway if you have power in your hands or legs you should have power everywhere unless you have poor technique that's my humble opinion

well the idea is if you have punching power that brutal you should have kicking power that brutal,since both use the hips, esp if we are talking about muay thai and I give Foreman the Thai style albeit a primitive version with awesome boxing

But anyway if you have power in your hands or legs you should have power everywhere unless you have poor technique that's my humble opinion

True.

And if you kick and punch hard you must be strong, so therefore you should be really good at wrestling too.

True.

And if you kick and punch hard you must be strong, so therefore you should be really good at wrestling too.

not true, the strength of your hips has less baring in grappling than the strength of your entire body, you get strong men that cant hit hard vice versa both and neither

but while you do get strong punchers with weak kicks and weak punchers with strong kicks THAT is a poor execution of technique rather than a genetic thing

much like some people only have a strong left hook and a weak right hand, its because their right side technique is crap, they basically cant punch on one side properly, this happens even at the highest level of pro boxing so these techniques are not easy to learn basically

not true, the strength of your hips has less baring in grappling than the strength of your entire body, you get strong men that cant hit hard vice versa both and neither

but while you do get strong punchers with weak kicks and weak punchers with strong kicks THAT is a poor execution of technique rather than a genetic thing

much like some people only have a strong left hook and a weak right hand, its because their right side technique is crap, they basically cant punch on one side properly, this happens even at the highest level of pro boxing so these techniques are not easy to learn basically

lol

He's making fun of you

He was sloppy as fuck not Bob Sapp sloppy but still sloppy and didn't have the speed to help like Hari

He was sloppy as fuck not Bob Sapp sloppy but still sloppy and didn't have the speed to help like Hari

true but that didn't help his opponents stay conscious except ali and that was because of his chin not his immense speed

also what looks sloppy is actually something that works well for an unusual human being

its like rjj he wasn't text book either but while its text book to throw a jab, rjj could throw a just as safety hook and ko you with it , so it was dumb for rjj to fight textbook and it was probably quite fine for foreman to fight the way he did

hari wouldn't survive a jab from foreman

a prime ignashov or hoost would give him a run for his money, just because of their speed and skill

semi would be obliterated too

Last edited:
true but that didn't help his opponents stay conscious except ali and that was because of his chin not his immense speed

also what looks sloppy is actually something that works well for an unusual human being

its like rjj he wasn't text book either but while its text book to throw a jab, rjj could throw a just as safety hook and ko you with it , so it was dumb for rjj to fight textbook and it was probably dumb for foreman to as well

hari wouldn't survive a jab from foreman

a prime ignashov or hoost would give him a run for his money, just because of their speed and skill

semi would be obliterated too
Him fighting more textbook in his comeback helped him and it won him his fight vs Moorer. RJJ could fight textbook just didn't need to or want to and with his abilities and physical gifts who could blame him but that did cost him in the later part of his career.

Back