How well would Joshua/Wilder/Fury do as UFC Heavyweights?

Fury : Dana would love this guy, (it's who Conor copied) He would get special treatment . Fury would win the championship and then never defend. He would fight an over the hill boxer who was a ppv star and make millions but get crushed. Then 2 years later would return to the UFC and lose

Joshua: He would be Rogans favorite and talk about how if this was the medival times he would have Rogan chained up to be his b%$th. Joshua would be a UFC champion then a commentator. Long career

Wlder: With this mans power, a legit killer. Dana would promote him as hitting as hard as a small nuclear missile
He would be the 1st fighter to be banned from mma.

Fury being the co main event with McGregor would be a press conference roast session. I think they would mesh very well, might even merge camps to become this trash talking super force in the UFC. lol

I think Wilder is the best athlete of the three. Everyone rags on his boxing ability so he has to be doing something right in order to floor everyone he's ever faced. However, I think it's debatable because AJ is a tremendous athlete, Fury as well, but to a lesser extent I feel. 12 , 3 minute rounds of fighting another man? Sheesh. I respect them all.

They would have to attempt the takedown, however, a strong fist in the face is very disorienting to say the least. I wager most of there fighters have never been hit with those type of credentials. Aren't KOs/TKOs the number one way fights are finished these days? Right at home.

From a coaching standpoint if I can take a nobody, no sanctioned experience, in his mid to late 20s and make him a contender for the title, then you give me an Olympic athlete and world champion tell me to do the same thing I'm going to feel like I won the lotto.

The raw material is there for any of these three men. They have the work ethic, I'll drill them like crazy to defend the stuff they may not know.
I get you.

Put it this way. Forget about fury becasue there's just something I can't fathom about him in the ufc.

Who would you rather coach out of wilder and AJ honest opinion?

Wilder signs with the ufc and is suddenly every mma podcast, media outlet and sherdog thread fawns over his boxing skills and talks about how technical he is because he occasionally throws a jab that lands before he leaps in with his right.

I get you.

Put it this way. Forget about fury becasue there's just something I can't fathom about him in the ufc.

Who would you rather coach out of wilder and AJ honest opinion?

Wilder is the better athlete and he hits hard enough through people's guard to knock them out. People get hung up on AJ because of how ripped he looks. He isn't as strong as people make him out to be.

I get you.

Put it this way. Forget ab9ut fury becasue there's just somethung I can't fathom ab9ut him in the ufc.

Who would you rather coach out if wilder and AJ honest opinion?

Short answer: Joshua.

Long answer: Wilder has a longer list of KOs, they both have stopped pretty much everyone in their paths. I like AJ being more technically sound. He can be a little stiff with not much head movement. However, I think he would be able to pick up things better from a technical standpoint. Wilder's right hand power really does something to people. Wilder may have more heart, seeing as he isn't ducking anyone. AJ has the gold, Wilder has the bronze at the Olympic level. That is a really tough question between those two. It would be a hard choice, but if I wanted more of a guarantee I'd choose Joshua, and not by much. I may even have to flip a quarter and go with it. lol

I'm going to have to hawk this forum until it gets relocated, and get some laughs in lol. I remember a guy in a MMA gym sat next to me during a rest period between rolls, and posed the question: "Who wins in a street fight, prime Mike Tyson or Anderson Silva?" I said prime Mike Tyson, bigger, more explosive knocks out much larger opponents easily, Silva fights at what? 185? He looked at me almost disgusted. "No way Tyson wins, he's just a boxer". lol

These speculation questions really become about who you're a fan of. Very few people present logical or thought out arguments. Not claiming you are one of them, but "they'd all get whooped"? Can you present a reasoning based on skill set?

Well, we're not talking kid dynamite vs a Middlewwight.
Leg kicks to sub rather easily, let's not play boxing snobbery, old chap.

Well, we're not talking kid dynamite vs a Middlewwight.
Leg kicks to sub rather easily, let's not play boxing snobbery, old chap.

Alright. lol, I respect everyone has an opinion. Here is mine:

So you think they'll be able to throw a high enough volume of leg kicks to be able to stop the punch combinations or one hit ko power coming towards them?

Or you think they'll be content to remain in kicking range to give someone a free shot at their legs?

Boxing snobbery? The current UFC HW champion finishes the overwhelming majority of his fights via his hands. What do boxers do my friend?

Furthermore, he's 5'11 against a 6'6, 6'7, and 6'9 opponent. Is reach not to be accounted for? DC's reach is 72 inches. Joshua's is 82, Wilder's is 83, and Fury's is over a foot longer at 85. You know what tall wrestlers do particularly well? Sprawl. Sprawl = TDD.

World class wrestler, nothing bad to say about DC. He can win, yes. Wilder, Joshua, and Fury can as well. They have a superb chance of doing very well in the UFC.

To assume fighting is a game of rock paper scissors and not reviewing the information at hand is absurd.

Alright. lol, I respect everyone has an opinion. Here is mine:

So you think they'll be able to throw a high enough volume of leg kicks to be able to stop the punch combinations or one hit ko power coming towards them?

Or you think they'll be content to remain in kicking range to give someone a free shot at their legs?

Boxing snobbery? The current UFC HW champion finishes the overwhelming majority of his fights via his hands. What do boxers do my friend?

Furthermore, he's 5'11 against a 6'6, 6'7, and 6'9 opponent. Is reach not to be accounted for? DC's reach is 72 inches. Joshua's is 82, Wilder's is 83, and Fury's is over a foot longer at 85.

World class wrestler, nothing bad to say about DC. He can win, yes. Wilder, Joshua, and Fury can as well. They have a superb chance of doing very well in the UFC.

To assume fighting is a game of rock paper scissors and not reviewing the information at hand is absurd.
DC would single leg each of them and make them look like beached walruses, all on the same night. Hold your insulting tongue.

DC would single leg each of them and make them look like beached walruses, all on the same night. Hold your insulting tongue.

Again you present no constructive arguments, and seem to be content with flaming. You're welcome on being educated. Have a good day.

Fury being the co main event with McGregor would be a press conference roast session. I think they would mesh very well, might even merge camps to become this trash talking super force in the UFC. lol
biggest combat sports ppv event ever , the press conferences would be ppv

I'm going to have to hawk this forum until it gets relocated, and get some laughs in lol. I remember a guy in a MMA gym sat next to me during a rest period between rolls, and posed the question: "Who wins in a street fight, prime Mike Tyson or Anderson Silva?" I said prime Mike Tyson, bigger, more explosive knocks out much larger opponents easily, Silva fights at what? 185? He looked at me almost disgusted. "No way Tyson wins, he's just a boxer". lol

These speculation questions really become about who you're a fan of. Very few people present logical or thought out arguments. Not claiming you are one of them, but "they'd all get whooped"? Can you present a reasoning based on skill set?
I'd have to agree with the other guy here. Silva is a good BJJ blackbelt and Tyson has no TDD. Silva knows very well who Tyson is and wouldn't dare to stand and exchange with him. He'd just take him down and sub him in under 30 seconds. Unless you are saying that Tyson has TDD and knows how to defend leg locks? And BTW I love boxing and don't even watch MMA anymore but we got to keep this real.....

I'd have to agree with the other guy here. Silva is a good BJJ blackbelt and Tyson has no TDD. Silva knows very well who Tyson is and wouldn't dare to stand and exchange with him. He'd just take him down and sub him in under 30 seconds. Unless you are saying that Tyson has TDD and knows how to defend leg locks? And BTW I love boxing and don't even watch MMA anymore but we got to keep this real.....

A street fight in public realistically lasts perhaps 30 seconds before it stops for whatever reason. The level of explosive power Tyson has is enough to sleep HWs far bigger than himself. Tyson was also willing to bite a man's ear off to win a boxing match, to survive with millions of people watching. I wouldn't count him out of anything.

People think boxers just get grabbed and it's like "welp I'm done now".

I don't too much care who people root for, but the rhetoric gets tiresome after awhile. They're spewing propaganda that they heard as a promo tool to get viewers. I've wrestled, I've boxed, and I've fought on the streets.

I'm currently in a rather long training camp for Regionals 2019. My friend is competing at the USA National Tournament I posted about as I'm typing this. We also, have MMA fighters who come to our gym to spar all the time. Mutual respect. What does that mean, I'm some expert? Absolutely not. But I know everyone is human and can be hurt.

If you think another man is going to lay down for you, you clearly have no experience or limited experience (not you, but in general).
Tyson/Silva is 50/50. Two men, one outcome. Fighting is not rock, paper, scissors.

They'd all get whooped, let's not start this shit again.
You think in the current HW division they would get whooped? Black beast has almost no ground game and is a much worse boxer than any of the three.

A street fight in public realistically lasts perhaps 30 seconds before it stops for whatever reason. The level of explosive power Tyson has is enough to sleep HWs far bigger than himself. Tyson was also willing to bite a man's ear off to win a boxing match, to survive with millions of people watching. I wouldn't count him out of anything.

People think boxers just get grabbed and it's like "welp I'm done now".

I don't too much care who people root for, but the rhetoric gets tiresome after awhile. They're spewing propaganda that they heard as a promo tool to get viewers. I've wrestled, I've boxed, and I've fought on the streets.

I'm currently in a rather long training camp for Regionals 2019. My friend is competing at the USA National Tournament I posted about as I'm typing this. We also, have MMA fighters who come to our gym to spar all the time. Mutual respect. What does that mean, I'm some expert? Absolutely not. But I know everyone is human and can be hurt.

If you think another man is going to lay down for you, you clearly have no experience or limited experience (not you, but in general).
Tyson/Silva is 50/50. Two men, one outcome. Fighting is not rock, paper, scissors.

I've been doing martial arts of some form for years (30). I've boxed, I've thai boxed, I've done Kung fu, semi-contact, full-contact and no gi and BJJ grappling. Take a pure boxer like Tyson, with no grappling training whatsoever and put him up against a BJJ black belt like Silva who is probably 30 lbs lighter and I know who my money's going on. Sorry but it's not a 50/50 fight not even close.

You think in the current HW division they would get whooped? Black beast has almost no ground game and is a much worse boxer than any of the three.
Black Beast has a decade of experience training a certain way, give that to the 3 amigos and we have a different conversation.

I've been doing martial arts of some form for years (30). I've boxed, I've thai boxed, I've done Kung fu, semi-contact, full-contact and no gi and BJJ grappling. Take a pure boxer like Tyson, with no grappling training whatsoever and put him up against a BJJ black belt like Silva who is probably 30 lbs lighter and I know who my money's going on. Sorry but it's not a 50/50 fight not even close.

You boxed? What gym did you box for? Why do you count boxers out of the fight? I'm not counting anyone out, because I know what these guys go through. I know what I'm going through. I'm not here to shit on anybody, and usually the guys that do are the guys who don't.

When I say don't.....I mean they don't do anything. They haven't been there. You become very aware of how a fight can go either way. I'm a little teed off because I'm training for 2 hours on a heavy bag, and now I'm about to run 2 more hours in the rain. Why? Because I have to make weight.

You've fought? So everyone you've ever fought it's gone exactly the way you envisioned? Because you're basically guaranteeing a fight result that never happened.

Idk what you guys do. All I know is I'm getting ready for Regional 2019, and I'm not one to name drop anyone or show faces online, but if I get the medal I'll post it as a profile pic. This argument is toxic, and I don't understand why they dropped it in the boxing forum. It's like an insecurity thing with mma fans. Yes you win at life because mma rules allow you to use your body however you see fit.

I'm not one to disrespect mma. Not in the slightest. I respect every competitor. What I don't respect are fanboys speaking ill of a sport I enjoy over the internet. They wouldn't say these things in person. Or they'd hear the sound it makes when me or one of my friends hits a heavy bag and then their macho ego shrivels up, I've seen that happen to.

I have no ill feelings towards you or anyone on this platform. But let's be real, no one can guarantee a fight. If they could there wouldn't be a fight.

Wilder use to be a Murkan football player. That is team wrestling, so he has grappling experience.

Out of the current crop wilder would be a god in mma his movement is too slick and his power would put most of them in graves. He would hit DC so hard Jones would get PTSD.

Slow guys with poor balance that purely rely on size like AJ would probably get single legged and gped into a coma, although I am sure AJ would be giddy about Wilder going into MMA it would mean he wouldn’t have to lose his belts and possibly get injured permanently fighting a vastly superior boxer.

Back