How well would Joshua/Wilder/Fury do as UFC Heavyweights?

You think in the current HW division they would get whooped? Black beast has almost no ground game and is a much worse boxer than any of the three.

As much as I'm unimpressed by Lewis, he has some solid takedown defense, is much heavier than any of those three, and reasonably good at getting back up once he is taken down.

And you know what else Lewis has that the mentioned trio don't? Solid kicks to the legs and body.

So even against someone with awful wrestling like Lewis, he would likely win by simply clinching with them and winning through a trip or dirty boxing, or even kickboxing.

I think they would have an outside shot against guys like Lewis, Hunt and maybe Ngannou - lets say 30/70. Lewis is slow as molasses and fairly one dimensional, Hunt is a 5'10 brawler. Its not that hard to imagine them getting caught on the feet.

You boxed? What gym did you box for? Why do you count boxers out of the fight? I'm not counting anyone out, because I know what these guys go through. I know what I'm going through. I'm not here to shit on anybody, and usually the guys that do are the guys who don't.

When I say don't.....I mean they don't do anything. They haven't been there. You become very aware of how a fight can go either way. I'm a little teed off because I'm training for 2 hours on a heavy bag, and now I'm about to run 2 more hours in the rain. Why? Because I have to make weight.

You've fought? So everyone you've ever fought it's gone exactly the way you envisioned? Because you're basically guaranteeing a fight result that never happened.

Idk what you guys do. All I know is I'm getting ready for Regional 2019, and I'm not one to name drop anyone or show faces online, but if I get the medal I'll post it as a profile pic. This argument is toxic, and I don't understand why they dropped it in the boxing forum. It's like an insecurity thing with mma fans. Yes you win at life because mma rules allow you to use your body however you see fit.

I'm not one to disrespect mma. Not in the slightest. I respect every competitor. What I don't respect are fanboys speaking ill of a sport I enjoy over the internet. They wouldn't say these things in person. Or they'd hear the sound it makes when me or one of my friends hits a heavy bag and then their macho ego shrivels up, I've seen that happen to.

I have no ill feelings towards you or anyone on this platform. But let's be real, no one can guarantee a fight. If they could there wouldn't be a fight.

Yeah I boxed and I know when I started my first day of grappling I got my ass handed to me. Those 7 years of boxing meant absolutely fuck all when it came to grappling. I've seen enough white belts starting to know that even the real big athletic strong ones can cause problems but they can still be handled. I'm a blue belt now and I'd be surprised if someone Mike Tysons size I couldn't get the better of on the mats. What we don't have, being in the UK is ex-wrestlers coming in. That I imagine would be a whole another kettle of fish but that's partly because they already know some grappling even if it's not BJJ. But when guys know nothing then they are fairly easy to handle. That's how I know that Tyson would have nothing for Silva in an MMA match.

And i've watched enough early days MMA fights to see that guys that don't have grappling get handled pretty easily. Watch some early UFC's and you'll see what happens to pure strikers vs. small grapplers.

Yeah I boxed and I know when I started my first day of grappling I got my ass handed to me. Those 7 years of boxing meant absolutely fuck all when it came to grappling. I've seen enough white belts starting to know that even the real big athletic strong ones can cause problems but they can still be handled. I'm a blue belt now and I'd be surprised if someone Mike Tysons size I couldn't get the better of on the mats. What we don't have, being in the UK is ex-wrestlers coming in. That I imagine would be a whole another kettle of fish but that's partly because they already know some grappling even if it's not BJJ. But when guys know nothing then they are fairly easy to handle. That's how I know that Tyson would have nothing for Silva in an MMA match.

And i've watched enough early days MMA fights to see that guys that don't have grappling get handled pretty easily. Watch some early UFC's and you'll see what happens to pure strikers vs. small grapplers.

Yep

<36>

Come on man.

Where are we going?

Fury took the fight AJ and Hearn wouldn't. Wilder wanted, and still wants that fight. Fury apologized for his fellow countrymen:

I can never tell if you GIF users are serious but take what I've given you for what it's worth. Wilder has a ton of heart.

Easily answered here.... fury is to tall and likes going backwards. Joshua explosive in his stance approach and likes inside fighting. Joshua trains with clinches ,guys pushing him back its on video. Grappling would come much more natural to AJ. He would adapt much better and exell at MMA,to what extent? IDK..Miocic holds a golden gloves championship but he also has decent wrestling. My own feeling is Joshua would be another Mike Tyson in MMa ,one that can get far through physical attributes and desire.

Fury is tough but cant see him liking being on the ground and at 6'9?

Where are we going?

Fury took the fight AJ and Hearn wouldn't. Wilder wanted, and still wants that fight. Fury apologized for his fellow countrymen:

I can never tell if you GIF users are serious but take what I've given you for what it's worth. Wilder has a ton of heart.

My question would be where are you going with that statement but it's exactly what I thought.

If you have looked at the available information and come to the conclusion that Joshua is "ducking" then I'm glad I went with the gif because I dont think a well put together argument wouldn't make much difference.

My question would be where are you going with that statement but it's exactly what I thought.

If you have looked at the available information and come to the conclusion that Joshua is "ducking" then I'm glad I went with the gif because I dont think a well put together argument wouldn't make much difference.

Fighters who want to fight each other will fight each other, especially two champions. If you have a well put together argument then please present it. Otherwise you're appearing as if you're just looking for a ruffle.

Fighters who want to fight each other will fight each other, especially two champions. If you have a well put together argument then please present it. Otherwise you're appearing as if you're just looking for a ruffle.

Not at all I just want a coherent debate with someone who holds your position so I can understand why you think the way you do.

You say fighters that want to fight each other will fight each other, I agree, but it takes 2 to tango. So then the question becomes why do you think that AJ is the reason the fight isn't happening?

Not at all I just want a coherent debate with someone who holds your position so I can understand why you think the way you do.

You say fighters that want to fight each other will fight each other, I agree, but it takes 2 to tango. So then the question becomes why do you think that AJ is the reason the fight isn't happening?

Wilder has been calling out AJ for quite some time. As a champion I would imagine it would only be so many times you allow a fighter, a dominant fighter at that and fellow champion, to call you out before you showed up to play ball. Promotions, and negotiations sound amazing. However, they are not the end all be all. You're still a fighter with legacy, and pride to think about. Joshua's camp is strongly considering a rematch with Dillian Whyte whom AJ KO'd previously over taking a strong look at fighting Wilder.

The reason AJ is the cause of the fight not happening, is because he is presumably the A side. I don't think anyone can argue against that. Therefore, what is getting in the way they claim are contract negotiations. AJ's team wants what they want, and anyone can tweak that to fit their agenda, even if the request sounds absurd. The following is a bogus proposition AJ's camp allegedly gave Wilder's:

"Deontay Wilder and his team had several problems with the most recent contract promoter Eddie Hearn sent them for a proposed heavyweight showdown with Anthony Joshua.

Their primary problem was that there was only a rematch clause in the contract in the event Joshua lost.

If Wilder would’ve won, he would’ve had to fight Joshua again in an immediate rematch. If Wilder would’ve lost, Joshua wouldn’t have been contractually obligated to a rematch with him."
(https://www.boxingscene.com/wilder-joshua-wanted-one-way-rematch-clause-pick-officials--129558)

Talk about a one sided arrangement between two undefeated champions. The old saying is if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck it just might be a...…?

Back