How well would Joshua/Wilder/Fury do as UFC Heavyweights?

mallen7272

Shooper
@Brown
Reaction score
With little MMA training. Yes i know James Toney and a couple others have tried but these three happen to be physical specimens. The division is pretty thin and Ngannou has proven you do not need to show your ground game to reach the top level.

F*cking mods. This is about an mma contest not a boxing match

I love you tho.

Last edited:
Ngannou has nearly as many subs and knockouts...

They’d be lucky to last a minute.

4 weeks jew jit soo and taebos greatest hits on vhs.

Done.

Three world class champion athletes, two of which are Olympic medalists, one a bronze and one a gold medalist and we have to wonder how they'd do?

Who will their opposition be?

The number #4 ranked Ngannou who started boxing at 22, let it go and then picked it back up again in his mid to late 20s, and went on to dominate the division leading to a title fight?

I'd wager they'd do ehhhh so so. lol

Joshua does the best.

Fury and wilder no. For different reasons.

F*cking mods. This is about an mma contest not a boxing match

I love you tho.

To analyze their boxing skills I think any of them have a great chance due to fight experience, and skillsets they bring to the table. They are all young as well, so it wouldn't be a matter of getting a boxer post career and having them transfer. We're talking prime guys who are very good at their craft Olympic level amateurs, and professional world champions.

MMA contets, boxing match......punching someone really hard in the face is applicable anywhere. They do it at the highest level in the heaviest weight class.

Ngannou came into the sport with no accolades, and got as far as he did being known for his devastating punching. I think the division would be wide open or any of the three.

To analyze their boxing skills I think any of them have a great chance due to fight experience, and skillsets they bring to the table. They are all young as well, so it wouldn't be a matter of getting a boxer post career and having them transfer. We're talking prime guys who are very good at their craft Olympic level amateurs, and professional world champions.

MMA contets, boxing match......punching someone really hard in the face is applicable anywhere. They do it at the highest level in the heaviest weight class.
Youre also talking about wilder who is a guy who's boxing fundamentals have barely developed over years is that would be one of the reasons I'd assume he'd be awful.

Tyson is a boxer. He has no inclination to do anything else.

Joshua I feel would be the best of the three due to how his career has progressed and how his fundamentals have improved. It shows me he can learn.

Youre also talking about wilder who is a guy who's boxing fundamentals have barely developed over years is that would be one of the reasons I'd assume he'd be awful.

Tyson is a boxer. He has no inclination to do anything else.

Joshua I feel would be the best of the three due to how his career has progressed and how his fundamentals have improved. It shows me he can learn.

His boxing prowess would be plenty for UFC. He is an Olympic medalist. You are tried to the highest level to make it there. Nobody in UFC HW division will want to trade with him. Not a soul. UFC fighters often lack sound boxing fundamentals, and no fault to them, they aren't boxers. However, they do like to slug, and Wilder would be king of that. I think he'd be right at home taking mouth pieces.

If they want to beat him they'll have to go low. Have to take the contest to the mat.

Tyson doesn't care about mma. Joshua I think is coachable yes. However, I still stand with the logic that Ngannou came out of virtually no where and took the division by force, punching force. If he can be coached to the highest level in the division and destroy people getting there, then come on. Let's be realistic.

His boxing prowess would be plenty for UFC. He is an Olympic medalist. You are tried to the highest level to make it there. Nobody in UFC HW division will want to trade with him. Not a soul. UFC fighters often lack sound boxing fundamentals, and no fault to them, they aren't boxers. However, they do like to slug, and Wilder would be king of that. I think he'd be right at home taking mouth pieces.

If they want to beat him they'll have to go low. Have to take the contest to the mat.

Tyson doesn't care about mma. Joshua I think is coachable yes. However, I still stand with the logic that Ngannou came out of virtually no where and took the division by force, punching force. If he can be coached to the highest level in the division and destroy people getting there, then come on. Let's be realistic.
The level of athletes in each sports isn't comparable especially at heavyweight so Yes, I agree with you. But I don't think Deontay is coachable in mma, he weighs 15 stone would go in the heavyweight division and any sensibke person on earth wouldn't trade anything with him.

My theory is Joshua could learn basic tdd and do much better because he's more coachable. Obvioulsy keeping it on the feet for these guys is where they want it.

I don't think Deontay has great balance either.

The level of athletes in each sports isn't comparable especially at heavyweight so Yes, I agree with you. But I don't think Deontay is coachable in mma, he weighs 15 stone would go in the heavyweight division and any sensibke person on earth wouldn't trade anything with him.

My theory is Joshua could learn basic tdd and do much better because he's more coachable. Obvioulsy keeping it on the feet for these guys is where they want it.

I don't think Deontay has great balance either.

So you say Wilder is the weakest going in? I can respect that position.
Stones? I'm assuming you're from the UK? lol I'm sorry, that threw me off. I'm use to things being referred to as pounds (lbs). Respect to the UK, met some good people from there if that's where you're from.

In any case, I like any of the three. I definitely don't think Wilder goes over there to become a bum. However, everything is speculation so one can ever be sure. You're not guaranteed to win a fight until you win a fight.

So you say Wilder is the weakest going in? I can respect that position.
Stones? I'm assuming you're from the UK? lol I'm sorry, that threw me off. I'm use to things being referred to as pounds (lbs). Respect to the UK, met some good people from there if that's where you're from.

In any case, I like any of the three. I definitely don't think Wilder goes over there to become a bum. However, everything is speculation so one can ever be sure. You're not guaranteed to win a fight until you win a fight.
Yea I'm from the UK. I'm not saying wilder goes over there to be a bum. I'm just rating their chances I guess. I'd rule fury out completely as I do not think what he does translates well at all. So its a no go.

I think Anthony is the top overall athlete between them though I think at heavyweight that's a big thing.

Of course this is all fantasy and in reality anyone with any sense would take each and everyone of them down immediately.

They would all dominate.
All 3 are bigger than anyone in the UFC, and they are faster and stronger than any of them.
They learn some TDD, and all it would take is one punch maybe two and their opponent would be out.

Yea I'm from the UK. I'm not saying wilder goes over there to be a bum. I'm just rating their chances I guess. I'd rule fury out completely as I do not think what he does translates well at all. So its a no go.

I think Anthony is the top overall athlete between them though I think at heavyweight that's a big thing.

Of course this is all fantasy and in reality anyone with any sense would take each and everyone of them down immediately.

I think Wilder is the best athlete of the three. Everyone rags on his boxing ability so he has to be doing something right in order to floor everyone he's ever faced. However, I think it's debatable because AJ is a tremendous athlete, Fury as well, but to a lesser extent I feel. 12 , 3 minute rounds of fighting another man? Sheesh. I respect them all.

They would have to attempt the takedown, however, a strong fist in the face is very disorienting to say the least. I wager most of there fighters have never been hit with those type of credentials. Aren't KOs/TKOs the number one way fights are finished these days? Right at home.

From a coaching standpoint if I can take a nobody, no sanctioned experience, in his mid to late 20s and make him a contender for the title, then you give me an Olympic athlete and world champion tell me to do the same thing I'm going to feel like I won the lotto.

The raw material is there for any of these three men. They have the work ethic, I'll drill them like crazy to defend the stuff they may not know.

They'd all get whooped, let's not start this shit again.

Fury : Dana would love this guy, (it's who Conor copied) He would get special treatment . Fury would win the championship and then never defend. He would fight an over the hill boxer who was a ppv star and make millions but get crushed. Then 2 years later would return to the UFC and lose

Joshua: He would be Rogans favorite and talk about how if this was the medival times he would have Rogan chained up to be his b%$th. Joshua would be a UFC champion then a commentator. Long career

Wlder: With this mans power, a legit killer. Dana would promote him as hitting as hard as a small nuclear missile
He would be the 1st fighter to be banned from mma.

They'd all get whooped, let's not start this shit again.

I'm going to have to hawk this forum until it gets relocated, and get some laughs in lol. I remember a guy in a MMA gym sat next to me during a rest period between rolls, and posed the question: "Who wins in a street fight, prime Mike Tyson or Anderson Silva?" I said prime Mike Tyson, bigger, more explosive knocks out much larger opponents easily, Silva fights at what? 185? He looked at me almost disgusted. "No way Tyson wins, he's just a boxer". lol

These speculation questions really become about who you're a fan of. Very few people present logical or thought out arguments. Not claiming you are one of them, but "they'd all get whooped"? Can you present a reasoning based on skill set?

Back