How will history remember Chris Kyle?

Jerry the mouse

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Now I'm an Australian who recently watched the 'American Sniper' movie, and found it very moving. Seemed like a great guy.

Then I stumbled upon some videos of his apparent lies in his book (which I haven't read) being debunked. Not sure how legit these videos are, but just wanted some more knowledgeable people's opinions about the man.

Do you consider him a good or bad person?
Were his claims true or false, in your opinion?

A warhero that lied alot

recently watched the 'American Sniper' movie, and found it very moving. Seemed like a great guy.
that was an actor bro not the real dude

HoKBp31.gif

Last edited:
A warhero that lied alot

This is pretty much it. Seems like he was super legit, an awesome guy to have with you in battle and a stand up guy by all accounts. Then he wrote a book with some lies. Both things are true, I think the service he put in probably outweighs the lies but that’ll unfortunately always stick to him to some degree.

Now I'm an Australian who recently watched the 'American Sniper' movie, and found it very moving. Seemed like a great guy.

Then I stumbled upon some videos of his apparent lies in his book (which I haven't read) being debunked. Not sure how legit these videos are, but just wanted some more knowledgeable people's opinions about the man.

Do you consider him a good or bad person?
Were his claims true or false, in your opinion?

How did he die?

He will be remember in the Navy. Not so much in the greater US history.

I'm more inclined to blame publishers for the lies. They want you to either embellish or straight up lie.

I'm more inclined to blame publishers for the lies. They want you to either embellish or straight up lie.

He told lies to people he knew personally about sniping Americans from the roof of the Superdome.

Some mentally deranged guy shot him

Yea, Kyle was donating his time for soldiers with PTSD when one decided to shoot him. What a p.o.s., helping people and stuff.

I wish he would’ve been more like Kanye West. A real American hero.

He told lies to people he knew personally about sniping Americans from the roof of the Superdome.
OK, didn't know about that. I thought it was just the Jesse Ventura thing. I actually haven't read the book or seen the movie, so I probably should have just stayed out of the conversation.

He was part of an invading Army that attacked a country for its natural resources.
And he killed a lot of dudes that were just trying to defend their country and way of life.
Should history remember him it won't be possitive.

Yea, Kyle was donating his time for soldiers with PTSD when one decided to shoot him. What a p.o.s., helping people and stuff.

I wonder how Tim Kennedy and Chris Kyle would've gotten along. Two American snipers, but Tim likes to shit on fellow veterans with PTSD....

He was good in Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle.

Ha you know what I mean...

It was supposed to be a movie at least loosely based on facts, so in turn I thought he was great too.

Some mentally deranged guy shot him
Wasn't it a guy with PTSD that he was trying to help by taking him to a shooting range? I wouldn't necessarily call PTSD mentally deranged.

From what I know, Kyle was a great shot, a bit of an asshole, but not an entirely irredeemable human being.

OK, didn't know about that. I thought it was just the Jesse Ventura thing. I actually haven't read the book or seen the movie, so I probably should have just stayed out of the conversation.
He also lied about the medals he received, which was weird because he genuinely was very decorated and had no reason to lie about it.

I'm confused, are you sarcastically saying Kyle wasn't a piece of shit? Or the guy who shot him was? PTSD can really fuck the brain up, we have no idea what triggered the situation to play out the way it did. Kyle had good intentions, but put himself in a situation to be shot by a guy who was mentally scarred and broken. Maybe instead of giving him a gun, he should have given him MDMA and a psychologist.

Back