How will history remember Chris Kyle?

I wonder how Tim Kennedy and Chris Kyle would've gotten along. Two American snipers, but Tim likes to shit on fellow veterans with PTSD....

Yeah, I was really bummed out too by how Tim handled his interview with Josh Gross following the filling of OBL. Gross had him on to celebrate what was a great moment, and to celebrate the work that the special forces do, and Tim came off like a bitter ex high school football star who wasn't on the team that won the state title.

From my understanding, those were official US numbers from the military. Unless the article gives the wrong info.
Why would the US Army give out wrong info that goes directly against their propaganda effort?
The notion that Iraqis are rising up against the US invasion was exactly what the US tried to avoid going out to the public.
If they would have cooked the numbers they would change them towards more foreign fighters, not less.
It just doesn't make any sense if you look past the propaganda effort.

By 2004 they were trying to present it as simply a conflict with a small localized insurgency and not a massive, international Jihadi organization and thus not being at war with Islam. I don't know how old you are, but if you're old enough to remember that time, that was a commonly occuring talking point in the Bush administration.

No, you're still wrong. Kyle claimed to have hit him - which is still a lie. Imagine someone starts talking shit about you in public, nothing happens, then a week later you're telling the story and make up the fact that you punched the guy. You would look like a giant douchebag.

It was never proven to be a lie, you get that right? That's where all these other side stories, all of which suddenly pop up after Kyle's death oddly enough, come from. Do you even understand that?

Meh. Sadly, he'd already be forgotten if the Movie hadn't come out. Nobody will know his name six months from now.

I'm more inclined to blame publishers for the lies. They want you to either embellish or straight up lie.

He lied about Jesse Ventura and that's all on him. And that did a tremendous amount of damage to Jesse's reputation.

Badass sniper who embellished and tried to help other soldier who were hurting.

He was a probable sociopath who was exactly perfect for a job like being a Seal sniper. The amount of people he saved, both Iraqi civilians and US forces in Ramadi Iraq, was great. He also seemed to be pretty dishonest in his time after the wars he fought in.

I would rather have Jocko Willink and Leif Babin be the men everyone knew about.

No, it is not. Can you point out something that factual incorrect in my post?
I am sure he snipped away some horrible and evil people.
But most of those guys were poor uneducated farmers that someone gave an AK47.
That joined the insurgency for understandable reasons or because they had no other option.
Not because they are hardened terrorist that are going to invade the US.

If you think that is somehow an anchievemnt to be proud of that's fine.
At the end of the day, Kyle was just doing the bidding of the oil industry and other political forces.
He didn't defend America but in fact, made it much more vunarable. The US was a lot saver 2003 before Iraq than it is now.

But of course, that doesn't help the 1%. And its ok because the US propaganda machine made a nice movie about a mass murderer.

Not going to get into an argument with you, but I served in Iraq 2005-2006. I can tell you that 90% or more of the insurgency were not Iraqis. Hardly anyone was "defending their home turf" over there.

Not going to get into an argument with you, but I served in Iraq 2005-2006. I can tell you that 90% or more of the insurgency were not Iraqis. Hardly anyone was "defending their home turf" over there.
Agreed and I stand by fuck the Middle East

He won't be remembered by most, save for some americans. Hell I only know of him, thanks to this forum and the thread about Ventura's lawsuit against the publishers of the book.
Or he'll be remembered as part of an invading force in an illegal, for profit, war that plummeted an entire region.

He won't be remembered by most, save for some americans. Hell I only know of him, thanks to this forum and the thread about Ventura's lawsuit against the publishers of the book.
Or he'll be remembered as part of an invading force in an illegal, for profit, war that plummeted an entire region.

How original... Also, "plummeted" ?

Despite being a pathological liar he died trying to help someone. That speaks volumes for me. I always wondered if the PTSD made him a bigger liar.

there is literally nothing i can say in this thread without getting carded.

I wasn't calling you out but I had never heard anybody state what you had said. So basically 7 people said they heard what Ventura said, or had seen some kind of altercation, or both, but their recollection of the incident was inconsistent.

"At least seven witnesses testified they overheard some of Ventura’s remarks, and offered generally similar accounts of what Ventura said. At least seven witnesses testified they saw Kyle (or an unidentified man, for those who did not know Kyle) punch Ventura; saw Ventura on the ground or getting up off the ground; or heard a “commotion” or “yelling.” Witness estimates of the timing and location of the incident were not consistent."

"Kyle mentioned in the interviews, but not the book, that the police saw the whole incident. Ventura produced a letter from the Coronado police department stating there was no police record mentioning Ventura’s or Kyle’s name. Ventura introduced photos of himself at a graduation event the day after the alleged incident that show no obvious injuries, despite Kyle having written “rumor has it he showed up at the BUD/S graduation with a black eye.”

Overall reading the summary it certainly brings up a very different story than you were originally suggesting. Glad you pulled a source and were prudent enough to respond with it even though it didn't support your original narrative.

Lol people saying he won't be remembered.

Can confirm... was in Fallujah in 04-05 (Phantom Fury) and there were a fuck ton of 6' tall caucasian dudes... likely Chechynans. We also captured quite a few Jordanians and Syrians, but not a ton of Iraqi's.

Back