How will history remember Chris Kyle?

Can confirm... was in Fallujah in 04-05 (Phantom Fury) and there were a fuck ton of 6' tall caucasian dudes... likely Chechynans. We also captured quite a few Jordanians and Syrians, but not a ton of Iraqi's.

Mostly Saudis and Syrians when I was over there. Either way, this premise that we are fighting Iraqis over there is complete bullshit. It always cracks me up when people who have never served or deployed think they know what goes on over there lol.

A person can be a coward in one moment and courageous the next. A person can be willing to die for his beliefs, but lie about inconsequential things. A person can be a good father, but a bad husband.
Humans are complex, flawed creations. So are our heroes.

A person can be a coward in one moment and courageous the next. A person can be willing to die for his beliefs, but lie about inconsequential things. A person can be a good father, but a bad husband.
Humans are complex, flawed creations. So are our heroes.
Almost poetic there bud.

I wrestle with this a lot. Good people can do bad things. It can be hard to reconcile.
But still 100% true. Just try to make sure the good outweighs the bad.

A complete liar psychopath and sociopath who enjoyed killing people, who was championed by faux patriots because sometimes he killed Muslims.

He was part of an invading Army that attacked a country for its natural resources.
And he killed a lot of dudes that were just trying to defend their country and way of life.
Should history remember him it won't be possitive.

History, and men in general especially, usually remember warriors in a not too negative way. Napoleon, Alexander the Great, Attila the Hun, etc etc are often looked to for inspiration despite the atrocities they commit. But people still see the positive attributes they offer to man.

Last edited:
Can confirm... was in Fallujah in 04-05 (Phantom Fury) and there were a fuck ton of 6' tall caucasian dudes... likely Chechynans. We also captured quite a few Jordanians and Syrians, but not a ton of Iraqi's.
can also confirm. After Phantom, We were setting up interdiction missions in western iraq outside of Ramadi bouncing groups sneaking into the country using the Tigris-Euphrates as transit. picked up lots of Libyans and Algerians.

Back