How will McGregor deal with the jab of Khabib?

iaquinta is a real estate agent

conor is a once in a generation athlete
he will figure out that jab in 12 seconds

He'll jump to guard and avoid the facepunchy game altogether.

We all saw what Khabib did to a well rounded fighter like Iaquinta with that jab and striking setups:

This is a new and improved Khabib and we have never seen McGregor deal with anyone with this combination of skills before, are we overlooking a potential mauling on the feet if McGregor starts to tire from defending takedowns?

He won't throb a jab for 3 rounds. Only if Conor's literally dead would he throw on the feet

giphy.gif

as much as I dislike him I think conor catches him early.

I hope that Javiar is teaching him some defence to help close the distance.

Maybe watch Dillashaw and Romero and that modified crossover defence.

Or just do a Diaz and use the high gaurd, shell up, and walk conor down.

I see a lot of people saying this, and I have to disagree.

I have to say that if Khabib doesn't strike a little bit with Conor in order to get in close and set up a clinch/TD, it may be an early night. The last thing Khabib needs to do is just rush in and shoot for a TD and if he does, he'll be in grave danger.

For the record, I'm pulling for Khalabeeb.

A low single is a pretty safe takedown for khabib to try in the early rounds, and he doesn't need to engange in striking to set it up. Just feint, feint, feint, feint, low single. If Conor defends, khabib will still be on him like glue until he gets the clinch.

<{walkerwhut}><{walkerwhut}>

Are haters all delusional?
Now they are just making up facts out of their asses.
Joined 2017 and already a black belt. It only tells me this:
1. You know nothing of the sport.
2. You here to only troll
3. You must have no life to make so many posts in 1 year.
Get a grip..you a whole dummy

Joined 2017 and already a black belt. It only tells me this:
1. You know nothing of the sport.
2. You here to only troll
3. You must have no life to make so many posts in 1 year.
Get a grip..you a whole dummy

Of course you can't say anything remotely relevant to the argument.

Next retard please.

We all saw what Khabib did to a well rounded fighter like Iaquinta with that jab and striking setups:

320fd0f22ccf1e7244607418fb7847cf

This is a new and improved Khabib and we have never seen McGregor deal with anyone with this combination of skills before, are we overlooking a potential mauling on the feet if McGregor starts to tire from defending takedowns?

Different stance, he will grab khabibs left/lead hand and do what he always does get the guy to throw the right hand, slip and counter. I reckon conor's right will be on khabibs left (both jab hands) as much as possible.

Conor will try and entangle the jab hand by grabbing or using his own right to manipulate it, hoping khabib will throw with his right and then do all his counters off that. The same way Demoan fake jabs to get you to extend arms so he can then come under you. Only difference is Maia ducks under the throw and tries to take you down, Conor keeps his feet in striking distance but uses slips and leans to dodge right hand then comes right back over the top of it with his left hand.

Al did fuck all for head movement, my Mom could have landed a fucking jab on him.
Thats cause he was gassed like a mofo. Conor too will ve gassed after 2 rounds on bottom. Even then i think khabib wont bs around like he did with al, he will continue to take him down and pound him. He knew al was no threat after he gassed, so he toyed with him. Anyone who thi ks khabib couldnt have finished al is blind. Khabib just wanted to go 5 rounds to see how it was and test himself. He wont be in there playing around vs conor. If he does it will be the biggest mistake of his life.

Khabib's striking is trash

Al's is a few levels above that

Conor is 1000 levels above Al

It's a very hard match to predict

I see a lot of people saying this, and I have to disagree.

I have to say that if Khabib doesn't strike a little bit with Conor in order to get in close and set up a clinch/TD, it may be an early night. The last thing Khabib needs to do is just rush in and shoot for a TD and if he does, he'll be in grave danger.

For the record, I'm pulling for Khalabeeb.

He will have to strike a bit, but people are bringing up the Al fight and he won't be fighting the same way

If he doesn't get careless and can move forward without getting clipped I think he's got it

Khabib with Conor against the cage should be game over

His stance protects him. Ortho vs Southpaw, the lead hands will be fighting more than jabbing.

Or just do a Diaz and use the high gaurd, shell up, and walk conor down.
True.

And move to the left - something eddie was doing then stopped, planted, squared up and started swinging.

For everyone who says they train muay thai/kickboxing in MMA it is beyond why no one as not thrown right kicks to conor's body and head. If conor choses to counter then he runs the risk of head kick or eating a shin to his body.

Back