How will you remember Zab Judah?

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So. Seems like Judah is on a bit of a comeback. Maybe it leads to a significant fight, but it probably won't. At best he may get in there with a young killer who sparks him.

But when he is gone, how will you remember him?

I think.....hes borderline a HOF? Just based on being in big fights I suppose. Although maybe not.

His losses are obviously bad....Tyszu sent him to another dimension. The Baldomir thing was bad, the Khan loss was bizarre .....+ a loss to Clottey. He lost to Cory Spinks but did beat him to win the Undisputed WW Title....

He maybe should have gotten a DQ against Floyd when Roger stepped in the ring and been his first loss (LOL).

I thought he was spanking Cotto until the nut shots and gave a good account of himself against Danny Garcia. Was also pretty good as a 140 until the Tszyu fight, and beat Matthysse.....I think he also beat Corley as well.

I will remember him as an enigma i think. Lots of talent.....but not much else. Never boring tho

Last edited:
So. Seems like Judah is on a bit of a comeback. Maybe it leads to a significant fight, but it probably won't. At best he may get in there with a young killer who sparks him.

I think.....hes borderline a HOF? Just based on being in big fights I suppose. Although maybe not.

His losses are obviously bad....Tyszu sent him to another dimension. The Baldomir thing was bad, the Khan loss was bizarre .....+ a loss to Clottey. He lost to Cory Spinks but did beat him to win the Undisputed WW Title....

He maybe should have gotten a DQ against Floyd when Roger stepped in the ring and been his first loss (LOL).

I thought he was spanking Cotto until the nut shots and gave a good account of himself against Danny Garcia. Was also pretty good as a 140 until the Tszyu fight, and beat Matthysse.....I think he also beat Corley as well.

I will remember him as an enigma i think. Lots of talent.....but not much else. Never boring tho
I don't think he proved himself as one of the true elites to get into the HOF but they have let in guys he could probably beat so maybe they will induct him. His worst performance in my view was his win against Pineda. A guy he was in life and death with but should have handled easily. He had so much hype before turning pro that it would be unfair to expect him to reach those heights but at times he seemed so over confident and ill prepared that it would be hard to imagine him in that light. He was billed as "Whitaker with power" but he fell in love with that power and never showed the discipline or ring generalship Whitaker did.

he was one of my favorites when i first got interested in boxing i really liked his speed and power. unfortunately he never lived up to his hype but he has had some highs and some lows. still i enjoy watching him smack the shit of people.

disco dancing after Kostya popped him

Zab was a beast in his prime. Had a couple good fights post prime too. Always liked the guy, glad to see him doing good after boxing. Dude was a nightmare when he was on point.

I don't think he proved himself as one of the true elites to get into the HOF but they have let in guys he could probably beat so maybe they will induct him. His worst performance in my view was his win against Pineda. A guy he was in life and death with but should have handled easily. He had so much hype before turning pro that it would be unfair to expect him to reach those heights but at times he seemed so over confident and ill prepared that it would be hard to imagine him in that light. He was billed as "Whitaker with power" but he fell in love with that power and never showed the discipline or ring generalship Whitaker did.

Yeah he was in the streets a lot when he was younger lol stayed in trouble and wasnt as disciplined as he shoulda been. But it's like than when you're young and have a lot of talent and success.

figured he died based on the thread title? guess not

A worker, the type of guy that boxing needs. He was never the best, but he acted as a very good gatekeeper. Immense talent and skills, but a front runner who didn't adjust well when things weren't going his way.

Not a HoFer, but not miles off, either. Extremely talented guy whose significant flaws (in and out of the ring) prevented him from being great.

I would call him a worker, the type of guy that boxing needs. He was never the best, but he acted as a very good gatekeeper. Immense talent and skills, but a front runner who didn't adjust well when things weren't going his way. Not a HoFer, but not miles off, either. Extremely talented guy whose significant flaws (in and out of the ring) prevented him from being great.

I would call him a worker, the type of guy that boxing needs. He was never the best, but he acted as a very good gatekeeper. Immense talent and skills, but a front runner who didn't adjust well when things weren't going his way. Not a HoFer, but not miles off, either. Extremely talented guy whose significant flaws (in and out of the ring) prevented him from being great.

Pretty intelligent take, imo.

I'd say he's second tier for HOF. I could see him getting in depending on how strong his class is.

still, an elite fighter for his brief prime. A knucklehead who never reached his full potential, but still talented enough that most JWWs or WWs in history would have at least some trouble with a peak Judah. Lack of heart and conditioning showed themselves as his biggest weaknesses. Still, his fight with Danny Swift did show that ol' Zab had some toughness.

A little weak on the resume (tended to drop the ball in his biggest fights) but wins over Witter, Chop Chop, Pineda, Spinks, Matthysse, and Santa Cruz range from good to borderline great.

A worker, the type of guy that boxing needs. He was never the best, but he acted as a very good gatekeeper. Immense talent and skills, but a front runner who didn't adjust well when things weren't going his way.

I would not label him a "gatekeeper," zab was welterweight champ, and was top 5 p4p at one point.

I would not label him a "gatekeeper," zab was welterweight champ, and was top 5 p4p at one point.

That’s true, that might be harsh to cast his entire career in that light. That’s what it’s been for the last decade though.

He was the lineal @147 iirc. But he couldn’t hold on to his titles. Anytime he got a hold of one, he nearly gave it right away to the next contender.

That’s true, that might be harsh to cast his entire career in that light. That’s what it’s been for the last decade though.

He was the lineal @147 iirc. But he couldn’t hold on to his titles. Anytime he got a hold of one, he nearly gave it right away to the next contender.

Zab is often judged on his talent rather than what he actually accomplished. His resume is thin, in my opinion, and I like Zab. He just does not have very many impressive wins.

the man who caused a brawl and all that effort i went through to watch that fight because it wasn't shown live here in the UK

Back