How would DC do a against a top level shorter guy?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He normally puts his arms straight in front of him horizontally to control the taller guy's arms and create openings. It's what his entire style is based around. When he grapples, he really takes advantage of his lower center of gravity to grab legs and throw the other guy off balance. When he's in the clinch, he dirty boxes amazingly.

How would he do against a top level fighter like Yoel Romero where arm fighting like that wouldn't create openings? Where he couldn't instantly get to Romero's legs by just barely bending over? Where he wouldn't have the elevation and short reach advantage to win dirty boxing exchanges?

He would be forced to fight with a much more traditional wrestle boxing style.

Last edited:
Yoel gets thrashed because despite what your girl tells you ... size fuckin matters.

DC beats everyone except Jones

Champ champ would own any top level fat manlet.

He normally puts his arms straight in front of him horizontally to control the taller guy's arms and create openings. It's what his entire style is based around. When he grapples, he really takes advantage of his lower center of gravity to grab legs and throw the other guy off balance. When he's in the clinch, he dirty boxes amazingly.

How would he do against a top level fighter like Yoel Romero where arm fighting like that wouldn't create openings? Where he couldn't instantly get to Romero's legs by just barely bending over? Where he wouldn't have the elevation and short reach advantage to win dirty boxing exchanges?

He would be forced to fight with a much more traditional wrestle boxing style.
I think a lot of people are neglecting how STRONG DC is. In some regards he has to be the strongest person in the UFC. It's just his body is visually deceiving (the same as Bones) but clearly they are both abnormally strong. And DC would likely eat anybody under 200 lbs

I think a lot of people are neglecting how STRONG DC is. In some regards he has to be the strongest person in the UFC. It's just his body is visually deceiving (the same as Bones) but clearly they are both abnormally strong. And DC would likely eat anybody under 200 lbs

Don't give him any ideas.

He would lose to Cain

But Cain is not short,

Yoel doesnt have cardio to DC

Drop them on the head like Dan Henderson...

Look man you're gonna have to name drop because D.C. Is pretty dang short for hw

Roy Nelson and Dan Henderson are the "smallest" guys he has fought.
His style didn't change, or did it? I don't recall.

every top 5 hw has a great chance against DC, miocic too even if he lost the last one

put him in there against mighty mouse and lets find out.

Ilir Latifi could do it short stocky wrestler guy with power in his hands doubt it tho

Actually a very interesting topic. Fighters very much train to their physical traits, and DC has nearly always been the shorter guy with the shorter reach, and his styleis 100% based on that. I imagine he would have some difficulty with another guy with similar stature. Same way Jones seemed to handle all of lhw but had his hardest fight in Gus, a guy with a closer physique, and he had 0 interest in hw.

tumblr_n642czZmh11rofocqo1_500.gif

Ilir Latifi could do it short stocky wrestler guy with power in his hands doubt it tho
this really is what TS is asking.

interesting fight but my guess is Ilir would be severely outclassed. but he'd probably land a few punches first, make it interesting.

Back