how would kareem abdul jabbar peform in the ufc?

he shows serious striking skills.

e36669bc3aa14b4bb0b72301c076e146.jpg

:D

So we're basing off a whole hypothetical UFC carer based off a sucker punch during a basketball game(which is somehow a striking skill) and having a holywood fight scene(as if it's real sparring)?

Do you really want me to answer this?

I’m guessing not so well since he’s over 70

I don't think he was built to be a fighter.

Way too tall to make 265 at a sufficiently robust build to stop himself from getting molested by people like Blaydes.

I don't think the weight is a concern. Throw some average TDD and a good defensive guard on #33, He'd be a problem.

He'd be a more athletic stefen Struve

Semmy tried for years to maximize his game and just couldn’t get it done in mma.
He did very good in mma. Was a pancrase champ, but when he started to make much more money in K1, he quit mma.

Had he done like Mirko, moved together wth someone like Werdum, and really focused on mma, he would imo be nearly unbeatable. His submissions were already pretty good.

Wilt Chamberlain would have been more interesting.

Freakishly strong and he'd have banged all of the UFC ring girls within the first week.

He's too thin 7"2 230 would get taken down fairly easily. Would probably make a hell of a kick-boxer though.

If they didn’t wear helmets and pads, there would be deaths every single game.

There’s a reason why Brock was able to come to the UFC and win the title in like 3 fights. But failed miserably at his attempt at the NFL

Whoa whoa whoa.....first of all Brock was hotshotted to the title....he went
1-1 to earn a title shot against culture....literally the whole top ten could do the same

Secondly he didn't "fail miserably" in the nfl....he wanted to play defensive and they wanted him as a guard so he quit(mind you he did this without ever playing college ball and very little in high school)

Physically he was more of a specimen than any of the NFL players........4.6 second 40 yard dash, 35 inch vertical(bigger than Kevin durants) and 32 reps of 225 pound bench press all while weighing nearly 290 pounds

What he was lacking was polished skill from years of playing football....it had absolutely zero to do with athleticism

He would be one hell of a jabbar. Could probably win him a few rounds at least.

Whoa whoa whoa.....first of all Brock was hotshotted to the title....he went
1-1 to earn a title shot against culture....literally the whole top ten could do the same

Secondly he didn't "fail miserably" in the nfl....he wanted to play defensive and they wanted him as a guard so he quit(mind you he did this without ever playing college ball and very little in high school)

Physically he was more of a specimen than any of the NFL players........4.6 second 40 yard dash, 35 inch vertical(bigger than Kevin durants) and 32 reps of 225 pound bench press all while weighing nearly 290 pounds

What he was lacking was polished skill from years of playing football....it had absolutely zero to do with athleticism
That's my point though. On his athleticism alone, he was able to reach the top of the MMA world. But couldn't even get on the field in the NFL.

That's my point though. On his athleticism alone, he was able to reach the top of the MMA world. But couldn't even get on the field in the NFL.
You really don't see the difference? In football you have thousands of guys waiting in line for a shot. If some new, unknown guy with no experience doesn't play the way they want, they go on to the next guy.
He entered MMA after becoming world famous as a wrestler, and fought in a division with a small talent pool. That's not to take away from what he accomplished, but you're comparing apples to potatoes.

Back