How would Lee vs Gathje go?

He's tough as nails, and not an easy out for anyone. But he's not versatile enough in his approach to beat most of the elite UFC LWs. I think he has the tools to remain near the top if he can adjust his approach.

He's absolutely must watch tv imo.
Oh bruv, don't worry. When Teh Justin is fighting I'm a watching BIG TIME

Love that do or die fight style is fkng fantastic

Kevin Lee said Dustin did well but it wasn't a championship type of performance. How do you think Lee would do against Gathje? Do you think he would've done better than Dustin?

I think Justin is a terrible match up for Lee. If Lee can't get the fight to the ground, he's going to gas out by the 2nd round trying to match Justin strike for strike

Gaethje has been losing wars against very durable guys. I don't know if Lee has the durability to weather the storm until JG gasses. I actually think Lee is the most winnable matchup for him in the top ten.

Lee's striking doesn't have to depth to trade shot with Justin, one thing about Justin no matter how hurt or tired he is he can always scramble his way out of a take down. I don't see Lee in a knock down drag out fight and come out on top.

if lee can't take him down, gaethje whoops him. but lee is a great wrestler

I like Gaethje in that fight. His defensive wrestling seems really good.

Gaethje is a test for anyone.

I was extremely impressed with his TDD, it was very instinctive and reactive. Much like Chuck in his prime, looking to get up as soon as he hits the mat

I really like and want this quote to be reality. Justin sending MTP to oblivion would be fkng gr8 for teh sport

Why? Kevin Lee is an acquired taste for sure, but why would it be great for the sport? He's a young guy trying to make a name for himself and get ahead.

Lotta folks sleepin on Kevin Lee. We ain’t seen his best yet. Barboza fight gonna open some eyes.

Gaethje has really good wrestling apparently. Enough for him to spam leg kicks without worry. He'd probably keep the fight standing and KO Lee. Him versus Khabib would be crazy too.
"Apparently" being the key word. His ability to wrestle means nothing if he never uses it. I think Lee grounds him and pounds him into unconsciousness.

I can see Lee knocking out Gaethje. Lee got big power and Gaethje has sacrificed defense for full throttle offense. Lee will eventually land clean.

Back