How would Michael Chandler fair in the UFC in your opinion?

Malik Andre

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Sound off, I'm interested in some intelligent takes on this fighter.

Fine. He could potentially be lightweight champ. He'd win some and lose some, but he'd be near the top of the division.

i think he would be verry succesfull with wins and losses against the top 10 of the division. Hope to see Chandler and Alvarez fight against eachother one more time in the future.

has the potentional to break into the top 5 imo.

I think with the proper matchmaking he could be a title contender

I think some good or versatile strikers could KO him (Conor, Tony, Dustin, Edson) but OTOH he had a good wrestling background to nulify that.
Tony, Khabib or even Dustin would be the hardest matchups IMO

We've seen in his fights against Eddie and how Eddie has faired in the UFC that he would more than likely be at the upper end of the division. Compared to fighters that Khabib has fought and more potential opponents in say Kevin Lee and Eddie Alvarez, I'm way more interested to see how Chandler would handle Khabibs grappling on the early going as he had the stats and credentials to make me think he would give Khabib a lot of problems. I think a 5 round fight with Ferguson would be his worst match up. A Conor fight is 50/50 as with all Conor fights to me, it depends on the distance that the fight is fought at. I think he'd be too explosive for Poirier. Kevin Lee imo is a poor man's version of Chandler in the wrestling and striking department while I do think Lees Jiu Jitsu is better than Chandlers. Would pick Mike. Would pick Mike in a third fight with Eddie. I thought he won the second fight as it is and he's only improved since that and the Will Brooks fights. Everyone else below including guys like Gaethje and Barboza I think Chandler smashes.

He'd compete in the top 5 of the division.

Though I do have some concern he is starting to show some wear and tear. I hope he does come over to the UFC. This is basically his last chance to do so. I can't see the UFC low balling. He is exactly the kind of fighter they look for.

I'm a big Chandler fan and feel he'd match up well with anyone in the ufc top five at 155.

all depends on matchups. I think even though he lost to Brooks he'd do better than Brooks did. I think he'd beat some top 15 guys and lose to some.

I'd pick the top 6 over him but he'd be in that Al, Barboza, Chiesa, Gaethje range imo.

Would def make for some fun ass fights. Tell me Chandler vs Lee, Tony, Khabib, eddie again, Barboza, Chiesa, Justin, Dustin, Al, Vick, Felder, wouldnt be awesome.

i think he would be verry succesfull with wins and losses against the top 10 of the division. Hope to see Chandler and Alvarez fight against eachother one more time in the future.

has the potentional to break into the top 5 imo.
Potential.

That's like the second time recently I saw it spelled weird.

Potential.

That's like the second time recently I saw it spelled weird.
well excuse me for english not being my native language. I hope i didn't hurt your feelings to much?

He would have mixed results.

Mixed results in the UFC could still mean you hold a belt.

Timing is everything.

all depends on matchups. I think even though he lost to Brooks he'd do better than Brooks did. I think he'd beat some top 15 guys and lose to some.

I'd pick the top 6 over him but he'd be in that Al, Barboza, Chiesa, Gaethje range imo.

Would def make for some fun ass fights. Tell me Chandler vs Lee, Tony, Khabib, eddie again, Barboza, Chiesa, Justin, Dustin, Al, Vick, Felder, wouldnt be awesome.
I'd honestly watch all of them

top 10 for sure possibly top 5.

I feel like he'd be along the dustin porier level as far as how he stacks up in the division.

I think with the proper matchmaking he could be a title contender

I think some good or versatile strikers could KO him (Conor, Tony, Dustin, Edson) but OTOH he had a good wrestling background to nulify that.
Tony, Khabib or even Dustin would be the hardest matchups IMO

Kevin Lee would also be a very tough fight--a younger wrestler with a good submission game who's better than Will Brooks everywhere (the same Brooks who beat Chandler twice and finished him once).

Sound off, I'm interested in some intelligent takes on this fighter.
He would be a top contender much like Eddie Alvarez. That is why he may never go..... why would he when hes the face of Bellator making crazy money? Unliess hes making 125k/125k he should make that money!

Back