How Would Michael Venom Page Do in the UFC?

Leonard Haid

Minimalist Living the Illusory Dream
@red
Reaction score
He's phenomenal, and a very entertaining fighter as well. Why has the UFC not grabbed this guy?

He is fighting nobodies in Bellator. I’d say grapplers with competent striking give him problems and the top 3-5 fuck him up. I’d say def top 10 for sure though.

He'd get wrestlefucked into oblivion. After the Nashon Burrell fight the guy wants absolutely nothing to do with guys with even semi-decent grappling.

image.jpg

Mach him against Jon Fitch. If he can defend the takedowns, he can go to the UFC. Otherwise, he should fight Paul Daley next.

Page was very impressive tonight, so I hope that he'll finally step up to face some strong opposition like Daley or perhaps Lima.

He's without a doubt a phenomenal striker, but there are so many questions, since he hasn't faced anybody close to the top yet.

It's impossible to say how far he can go, but the same was the case with Wonderboy when he started out in MMA back then. :)

He is a can crusher and wont fight anyone that is a threat to him.I find his antics to be very annoying also.

He would do okay. He is a really good striker, but his ground game is terrible. There is a reason why he won't fight good fighters in Bellator. He was getting outgrappled by Cyborg.

His speed, timing, and movement are really insane. He has good power too. He is also entertaining and gets people interested. I don't really know how he would do in the UFC. He can hang with anyone standing though I would think..

He'd get wrestlefucked into oblivion. After the Nashon Burrell fight the guy wants absolutely nothing to do with guys with even semi-decent grappling.

Burrell controlled him easy for a lot of that fight.Cyborg easily won the 1st round on the ground iirc and his split decision over the respectable but lower level fighter Fernando Gonzalez in his fight before this one doesn't allow me to put much stock in him.Soooo overrated.

I think he'd get demolished in the UFC vs the better guys unless he made huge improvements on the ground/wrestling which he could have and he certainly has a lot of potential.Would love to see it though,the guy is fun to watch and him vs a higher level fighter would be very intriguing,which they could do in Bellator but they are just giving him guys he can for sure beat.

Last edited:
He would do okay. He is a really good striker, but his ground game is terrible. There is a reason why he won't fight good fighters in Bellator. He was getting outgrappled by Cyborg.

His ground game is not terrible, he has 3 submission wins, the most recent one being an achilles lock counter to a kneebar. I train at London Shootfighters and I can tell you for a fact, the venum remains when on the ground.

how would he do? bank account-wise, He'd make a lot less money LOL

I think he could possibly crack the top ten in the UFC given the right matchups. obviously there are grappling based unranked fighters in the UFC that would fuck him up. I'd like to see Bellator push him up the ladder though starting with the obvious semtex fight. Just imagine putting him up against someone like wonderboy or till in the big leagues though...that's fookin must watch shit

It's hard to say. He's not exactly fighting world beaters. If Kimbo taught us anything it's that it's not hard to look spectacular against low level competition.

His fight vs Fernando Gonzalez was basically a draw

Back