How Would Michael Venom Page Do in the UFC?

I'd love to see him fight Douglas Lima next, now that would be somethin'.

He's phenomenal, and a very entertaining fighter as well. Why has the UFC not grabbed this guy?

cause he get crushed in ufc like will brooks did.

he never fought any one that you say is in any top ten list or a 155er going up to fight him.

wake me when he fight a so called top ranked person./

image.jpg

Mach him against Jon Fitch. If he can defend the takedowns, he can go to the UFC. Otherwise, he should fight Paul Daley next.

mvp sees paul as to uch of a threat they why he wont sign to fight paul

he a male cris cyborg. only fights cans and nobody with a risk of beating them

He would get fucking smashed.

The best fighter he's fought was a career journeyman with a 27-16 record. And it was a split decision that most felt Page lost.

There are two aspects to this... First, if the UFC wants to groom you, they'll give you favorable matchups. Depending on if they want to make MVP the next big thing or if they want to trip him up to prove UFC's dominance over Bellator would be a huge factor. Second would be the actual matchup themselves.

Looking at UFC's top WWs... MVP destroys Cerrone and Ponzi at this point. Magny is a bit interesting, but I think Page keeps it on the feet and breaks him. Till and Masvidal would be great fights. I don't think Maia has good enough wrestling to get Venum down, which means Page finishes him or takes a dominant UD.

Usman would be a legitimate problem. Colby is 50/50. His wrestling is excellent, but his standup is trash, so if he tries to stand for an extended period of time, he'll be in trouble. That leaves Lawler, RDA, Wonderboy, and Woodley.

Not to be cliche, but MVP could beat anyone in the division, but could easily drop fights to the top 7-ish. If pressed, I'd confidently say he beats Cerrone, Ponzi, Masvidal, and Maia. I'm pretty much 50/50 on the rest, although I think Usman soundly wrestlefucks him to a victory.

He is a can crusher and wont fight anyone that is a threat to him.I find his antics to be very annoying also.

You can't call Rickels a can. He's not a top fighter, but he's a solid journeyman who has managed to stick around in Bellator for years.

Give the man a little respect.

The best fighter he's fought was a career journeyman with a 27-16 record. And it was a split decision that most felt Page lost.
To be quite frank, anyone who thinks Gonzales won that is an idiot. Gonzales did almost nothing in that fight except some clinch work in the 3rd and before that he was getting clowned, I don't think he even landed a single punch before the 3rd round.

The biggest problem with Page going to the UFC is it means one less reason to watch Bellator. Anyone who actually wants to see Bellator grow and become must-see MMA should not wish for this.

I'd love to see him fight Douglas Lima next, now that would be somethin'.

Lima is an interesting matchup for Page: a muay thai striker with the potential to chop his lead leg with vicious low kicks. Make it happen!

To be quite frank, anyone who thinks Gonzales won that is an idiot. Gonzales did almost nothing in that fight except some clinch work in the 3rd and before that he was getting clowned, I don't think he even landed a single punch before the 3rd round.
You need to either rewatch the fight or get your eyes checked. Maybe it's possible you're just retarded.

I think he would be a top 10 guy, but if faced with a wrestler that pressures him he will have trouble.

Just finished watching the event

Knew after the spectacular MVP fight I’d come to sherdog to see UFC shill bait thread titles like this one with a bunch of haters venting about how he hasn’t fought anybody good(which means they either don’t know or they’re one of those worldwide mma regulars that seem to belittle everything not UFC) even though he just made a good fighter look like a hack and how the big bad UFC fighters would kill him.

Probably ran straight to the UFC video game and created a low rated MVP to kick around with every WW on the UFC roster.

Keep hatin, he’ll keep electrifying
0VrBqN.gif

He would have trouble with top tier wrestlers

You can't call Rickels a can. He's not a top fighter, but he's a solid journeyman who has managed to stick around in Bellator for years.

Give the man a little respect.
He's a lightweight.

Ok. So you make the point that he hasnt fought top competition. Point conceded. How does that mean hed "get smashed"?

If prime gsp fought sub par bellator guys, does hat mean hed get smashed vs tge better guys, that he beat in reality?

Hes unproven, thats a pretty commonly agreed on opinion. But assuming hed "get smashed" is a complete guess by you.

Back