How Would Michael Venom Page Do in the UFC?

Forget grapplers, I just want to see him even fight other high level strikers, and there are several perfect matchups for him in his weight class (Daley, Larkin, Lima). If we can't manage to get a single one of those matchups made in all these years, it's a cryin shame.

Ok. So you make the point that he hasnt fought top competition. Point conceded. How does that mean hed "get smashed"?

If prime gsp fought sub par bellator guys, does hat mean hed get smashed vs tge better guys, that he beat in reality?

Hes unproven, thats a pretty commonly agreed on opinion. But assuming hed "get smashed" is a complete guess by you.

He's unproven vs top fighters but it's not like he's not established or shown his weaknesses already.He got easily controlled by Cyborg the first round,held against the cage vs Burrell for most of the fight and lost a mediocre split decision in his second to last fight.His shitty grappling,tendency to get himself backed against the cage/inability to get off the cage/no urgency etc. are just a few of his obvious deficiencies.

You're acting like he's gone out and ko'd everyone real fast to the point where we can't get a great grasp on his skills ala N'Gannou was in ways.Sure there's still lots of questions but from what we have seen we can get some idea of how we think he'd do vs top guys.I don't disagree with that member thinking he'd get "smashed" vs top UFC guys but that's just my opinion.I also agree with what you say,it's pretty much a guess...that's kind of how picking mma is lol,we're all wrong all the time that's why fights are interesting because mma is extremely unpredictable.You'd never hear me say any fighter would beat another 100%.

He's good but can only gauge so much from someone fighting pretty average comp. Rickels isn't a total can but he isn't exactly good either. I wouldn't consider Rickels a step up or down from guys like Cyborg Santos or Gonzalez...wouldn't be surprised if he gets fed another one.

You need to either rewatch the fight or get your eyes checked. Maybe it's possible you're just retarded.
No because unlike yourself I can actually count to the number of stikes Gonzales that landed.

He is a Conor with no balls. If he had the balls he could had his run for the UFC titlle in 2013

The guy is huge for the division, hes going to have a significant height/reach advantage over practically anyone he'd face there, and he uses that reach effectively + has excellent accuracy and timing. Its hard to gauge exactly where he'd fit in the division until he beats some higher level opponents, but he'd be a handful for sure.

His ground game is not terrible, he has 3 submission wins, the most recent one being an achilles lock counter to a kneebar. I train at London Shootfighters and I can tell you for a fact, the venum remains when on the ground.
3 submission wins over who?

You're acting like he's gone out and ko'd everyone real fast to the point where we can't get a great grasp on his skills ala N'Gannou was in ways.
Exactly, many idiots are acting like we never saw him struggling in the cage, like he's been running through EVERYONE.

No, not true, not all. The best 2 welterweights he faced, he went to decision with, and in boring fights. Not only that, but we are talking about 2 journeyman welterweights.

But again.. these defending MVP and hyping him are most likely the ones who didn't watched these fights, only heard about this undefeated fighter Spider-esque at Bellator and typed his name at Youtube, then went on to watch some highlights. Typical stuff.

We don’t even know how he’d do in Bellator because he hasn’t fought any of the top guys yet.

Bellator, you’ve done it. You’ve groomed a fighter. You’ve peeked our interest. Soooo, let’s see how he does??! Give him a big fight!!

You can't call Rickels a can. He's not a top fighter, but he's a solid journeyman who has managed to stick around in Bellator for years.

Give the man a little respect.
Yes I can and Rickels fought dumb and it was pathetic how he quit like he did.

Rickels has only beat nobodies and when he has fought someone remotely close to UFC caliber he's got demolished (and past prime Melvin Guillard ran through him as well)

MVP needs to fight a former champ like Lima next and I don't think anyone who has one bit of common sense gave Rickels an iceberg's chance in hell at winning.

Who can say, nobody has ever seen him in with a good fighter, a good striker or wrestler.

If he can stop takedowns and keep it standing he can beat alot of guys. But also who knows if he can beat other high level strikers like Wonderboy or Till.

We just dont know. Lets see him vs Koreshkov, Rory, Lima, Larkin. If he styles on them that would tell us something.

Been watching MMA since inception of UFC by Rorian Gracie in 1993. This guy is another Jon Jones and believe me he would dominate. Hopefully, we'll all get to find out soon. He's already at the next level. Say what you want, but remember you heard it from me first. I said the same of Jon Jones early in his career when he was barely known. MVP is the real deal.

He is a Conor with no balls. If he had the balls he could had his run for the UFC titlle in 2013
Very solid point. Both he and Conor were prospects in 2012. And Bellator isn't the problem. If he were the champ and beat guys like Lima, Koreshkov and Rory everyone would consider him top 5 in the world. Maybe top 3.

He simply hasn't fought the best in Bellator so talking him up is something he hasn't earned.

Been watching MMA since inception of UFC by Rorian Gracie in 1993. This guy is another Jon Jones and believe me he would dominate. Hopefully, we'll all get to find out soon. He's already at the next level. Say what you want, but remember you heard it from me first. I said the same of Jon Jones early in his career when he was barely known. MVP is the real deal.
Jones had the best skill set for MMA, which is wrestling. He also relied on that wrestling all the way until he won the belt. Jones didn't start standing with guys until after he was champ.

Page just doesn't have the same skill set to bully people.

Haha member since monday.Says he/she's been watching since UFC 1.Points out Rorian Gracie started it in 1993 to prove it seems odd.Anyone that's been watching mma as long as that like myself knows assuming some can crusher would be another jon jones and dominate the UFC is either retarded or full of shit.I am going to guess both on this one.

Mike "The Truth" Jackson is ready to welcome him.

Right :) But no,he'd get someone decent unless Coker takes over Dana's job.

Back