How would this show be received today?

MikeMcMann

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sexism, racism, stereotypes and everything else in all its awesome glory.

This is one area that Pooboo's have really messed things up as they do not understand who shows like this and dialogue like this actually helps (in most cases) to diffuse those things through satire.

PooBoo's

People
Offended
On
Behalf
Of
Others

I’ll show you deez nuts

Eh

Eh

But still they’d riot

Still love Sanford and Son to this day, one of my top three favorite shows of all time and have all the episodes on dvr

If they were to show this today, there would be a 5 minute long trigger warnings before the show.

I dunno, how would All in the Family be received today? From what I have seen of the public discourse, people would be incapable of seeing the joke was supposed to be on Archie Bunker and instead take encouragement from his attitude.

Same reason Chapelle's show died in the end. The wrong people were laughing too hard at certain jokes. Nuance is dead.

People still watch the fuck out of it.

Is that the yank version of:
01-706440.jpg
?

Same reason we will never seen in living color or married with children again.

I dunno, how would All in the Family be received today? From what I have seen of the public discourse, people would be incapable of seeing the joke was supposed to be on Archie Bunker and instead take encouragement from his attitude.

Same reason Chapelle's show died in the end. The wrong people were laughing too hard at certain jokes. Nuance is dead.

I thought Dave left bc he was tired of Hollywood's bullshit

Is that the yank version of:
01-706440.jpg
?

Chuck in Alf Garnett in 'Til Death Us Do Part ' as well.....

Useless bit of information, the Son in Steptoe and Son, Harry H Corbett used to be taxied around by my father....

People don't realize how important satire and making fun of race and stereotypes is. Sanford & Son and All in the Family were perfect examples of how the main characters are ignorant and laughed at for their ignorance. It actually teaches tolerance and shows trivial our differences are.

That's sorely missing nowadays. Rather than humor and and laughing at each other, we have to shut our mouths which just causes tension.

People don't realize how important satire and making fun of race and stereotypes is. Sanford & Son and All in the Family were perfect examples of how the main characters are ignorant and laughed at for their ignorance. It actually teaches tolerance and shows trivial our differences are.

That's sorely missing nowadays. Rather than humor and and laughing at each other, we have to shut our mouths which just causes tension.
IMO it’s worse than that even. White people have to shut their mouths while minorities are lauded for making stuff like Dear White People.

This is the type of privileged minority recipe that makes for reactions ranging from Donald Trump to Adolph Hitler.

If they were to show this today, there would be a 5 minute long trigger warnings before the show.
Actually it’s been playing on tv. My mother watches it every day. No trigger warnings lol.

Yes and much worse.

Instead of gently laughing at people for holding dumb and outed ideas and stereotypes where gentle laughter can lead to change society instead demonizing and isolates them and makes them defensive and entrenched.

It is a big part of what feeds division and what Trump is seizing on. And I am sure the SJW types know that. They saw that racial and other such issues were calming all through the 90's and 00's and did not like that they were losing the purpose and fight that defined them.

This fight is very deliberately picked.

I thought Dave left bc he was tired of Hollywood's bullshit
There was definitely part of it. Maybe the larger part, since while he's returned to performing he hasn't really returned to the establishment.

Best tv show theme song of all time, or at least tied for it. TV One shows episodes all the time, always check it out when I can.

Sexism, racism, stereotypes and everything else in all its awesome glory.

This is one area that Pooboo's have really messed things up as they do not understand who shows like this and dialogue like this actually helps (in most cases) to diffuse those things through satire.

PooBoo's

People
Offended
On
Behalf
Of
Others

Red would have to be a lawyer or a doctor otherwise no show.....

Back