How would you improve PFL next season?

Why would Bellator co promote with a lesser company after being the true #2 in the world?

Why would PFL pay $1 million to their champs to go and fight for another promotion?

PFL and Bellator both had fighters in Rizin before. Not sure if the PFL fighter was a loaned fighter or not. In the past WSOF wanted to work with Bellator. Not sure if that is still the case.

Coker wants to make a Caldwell/Horguchi fight.

PFL and Bellator both had fighters in Rizin before. Not sure if the PFL fighter was a loaned fighter or not. In the past WSOF wanted to work with Bellator. Not sure if that is still the case.

Coker wants to make a Caldwell/Horguchi fight.
No pfl guys have fought in Rizin

Jake heun was a free agent

WSOF at that time was trying to compete with Bellator not help Bellator and was Ali abdel aziz talking shit when he was the matchmaker.

Bellator and Rizin have helped each other since the beginning. PFL ....not

No pfl guys have fought in Rizin

Jake heun was a free agent

WSOF at that time was trying to compete with Bellator not help Bellator and was Ali abdel aziz talking shit when he was the matchmaker.

Bellator and Rizin have helped each other since the beginning. PFL ....not

PFL should at least work with Rizin. Send their BW tournament champ over to take on Horiguchi, for instance. Need more of this in MMA. We get some but not enough.

PFL should at least work with Rizin. Send their BW tournament champ over to take on Horiguchi, for instance. Need more of this in MMA. We get some but not enough.
Their model is not like that....that’s your wishful thinking. But that’s not the reality in the mma world. Not everyone co promotes

This is great for fans, but MMA is a business first and when your talking about copromotion it doesn't really work very well on the business side. Just because joe blow fights for org x and fights fighter z in org y doesn't make fans for of either org now fans of the other org.

Do something about the 2 round format, it's stupid. All you need to do is win the first round and not get finished or 10-8ed in round 2 and you win. Rewarding frontrunners in fights that go to a decision doesn't seem like the way to go. They need a better tie breaker.

This is great for fans, but MMA is a business first and when your talking about copromotion it doesn't really work very well on the business side. Just because joe blow fights for org x and fights fighter z in org y doesn't make fans for of either org now fans of the other org.

It works out in boxing all the time and has also worked out in MMA. There are too few cross-promotional fights in MMA.

Their model is not like that....that’s your wishful thinking. But that’s not the reality in the mma world. Not everyone co promotes

I know they have a tournament model. Would still be cool to see one of their fighters in a Rizin GP.

It works out in boxing all the time and has also worked out in MMA. There are too few cross-promotional fights in MMA.

It would be cool to see co-promoted events where each organization picks fighters for match ups alternating who's venue it takes place at. I don't see why it couldn't help both organizations if they make a fair deal. People like that shit, I know professional wrestling is not the same and they script the outcomes but professional wrestling was at it's peak when WCW and WWF were competing and they also created fake internal organizations like NWO and DX which was also around the time professional wrestling was at it's peak. If they can co-promote in a way that both benefit from the perceived rivalry orgs like PFL, Bellator and Rizin can benefit from each other.

I know they have a tournament model. Would still be cool to see one of their fighters in a Rizin GP.
It’s cool but is not what companies are looking for..... look what happened to Bamma for co promoting with Bellator. They ended up without a show. Rizin is cool but is not the biggest show on earth and I can assure you that PFL is not looking for a co promotion. They have to grow their own show first...

Co-promote. Why not have some sort of world series of fighting tournament? Take the best from everywhere and put them in a tournament for 1 mil.

Co-promote. Why not have some sort of world series of fighting tournament? Take the best from everywhere and put them in a tournament for 1 mil.

Sounds like that’s what they are doing.....

The best of everywhere are not available. Most of the top fighters around the world are attached to contracts...

Wishful thinking not going to happen

It’s cool but is not what companies are looking for..... look what happened to Bamma for co promoting with Bellator. They ended up without a show. Rizin is cool but is not the biggest show on earth and I can assure you that PFL is not looking for a co promotion. They have to grow their own show first...

How do you know BAMMA is without a show because of working with Bellator?

It would be cool to see co-promoted events where each organization picks fighters for match ups alternating who's venue it takes place at. I don't see why it couldn't help both organizations if they make a fair deal. People like that shit, I know professional wrestling is not the same and they script the outcomes but professional wrestling was at it's peak when WCW and WWF were competing and they also created fake internal organizations like NWO and DX which was also around the time professional wrestling was at it's peak. If they can co-promote in a way that both benefit from the perceived rivalry orgs like PFL, Bellator and Rizin can benefit from each other.

I agree, it would be great to see it and I am sure they could make it worth it for both orgs. It has happened in the past in MMA, it is possible again. Coker wants to make a fight between Caldwell and Horiguchi in 2019. Hopefully they get that deal done.

How do you know BAMMA is without a show because of working with Bellator?

Where are their fighters now?

They even stole some of their management people

And we we stop with the co promotion nonsense. With today’s mma is not going to happen. Possible fighter exchange here and there but nothing huge

Cd common dude

Rizin should try building up their own roster instead of relying on the charity of others. Amazing how everyone sends fighters to Rizin, but Rizin never reciprocates.

Where are their fighters now?

They even stole some of their management people

Cd common dude

Yeah, but who knows if they would have went under regardless of working with Bellator.

Yeah, but who knows if they would have went under regardless of working with Bellator.
Do you know that?

They were in the courts trying to not let their fighters join Bellator.

Rizin should try building up their own roster instead of relying on the charity of others. Amazing how everyone sends fighters to Rizin, but Rizin never reciprocates.

Rizin is building their own fighters. They have Tenshin, Horiguchi, Jiri, Cro Cop, Manel Kape, Cruickshank, Tokov, Gustavo, Yachi, Asakura, Motoya, King Reina Miura, Nakai, Murata,........., to name some.

Do you know that?

They were in the courts trying to not let their fighters join Bellator.

No, I was more asking. I am not sure what happened between Bellator and BAMMA.

Back