How's your Poutine?

Never had Poutine but is definitely on my list. I'm afraid it might be a let down after having some fantastic Carne Asada fries.

carne-asada-fries.jpg

Poutine is not created equal. It is not melted cheese on fries with gravy. It is cheese curds. Most places in Ontario can't get it right.

A girlfriend I had that was from Montreal, said the closest place that had it right was Costco food court of all places.
Yeah but Canadians are too sensitive about this Poutine thing. There are better things about our country than hang over food.

pro tip:

Ask for gravy as a separate dip rather than poured all over your fries. This will ensure the fries don't get soggy half way through the meal. I enjoy poutine but I dislike the soggy texture when it is served the traditional way. I find the crispiness of the fries and the softness of the cheese curds are a great mix but it gets lost once the gravy stay in contact with the fries too long.

Poutine is not created equal. It is not melted cheese on fries with gravy. It is cheese curds. Most places in Ontario can't get it right.

A girlfriend I had that was from Montreal, said the closest place that had it right was Costco food court of all places.

Curd-075_3.jpg

Animal in LA has/had these absolutely amazing Oxtail Poutine Fries. More places have popped up recently, but I haven’t had a chance to check them out.

Montreal checking the fuck in. If you want 2nd or 3rd rate poutine, eat at Le Banquise, La Belle Province, or Lafleurs. For the best poutine you need to be outside Montreal in a small town with a little mom n pop restaurant that should have changed the oil in the deep fryer 2 weeks before you got there. Half the fries go in, a handful of squeaky cheese curds, the rest of the fries, then another handful of cheese curds. Topped off with brown, salty gravy. Just pepper to taste. No meat, no fucking sweet potatoes. These restos are everywhere on your way to Montreal or Quebec. No franchise or 'fancy' place can replicate it.
You’re welcome.
Also, best bagels in the world.
1521886495359.jpg

Poutine is overrated

Just skip fries, and just eat the smoked meat. It is healthier

go to The Main on Boul St Laurent and Rue Napoleon next time you in Montreal. Its across the street from Schwartz. The locals told me to skip Schwartz and go to The Main.

Oh my god I fucking hate tater tots. Absolutely disgusting. If somebody fucked with my poutine like that I’d burn their house down.

Never had it. Would love to try it though.

Dont its just gravy fries with cheese, and some meat toppings. The meat topping nominally montreal smoked meat is best part. But you can just a huge slab of smoked meat without the carbs.

Dont its just gravy fries with cheese, and some meat toppings. The meat topping nominally montreal smoked meat is best part. But you can just a huge slab of smoked meat without the carbs.
I'm a poutine newbie but I think it might be improper to put meat on it. Maybe we should consult GSP on his poutine opinions. That might be arguably definitive.

certainly nothing to have a mad squabble over, that's for sure.
*meh, kind of reaching with that one, but whatever

I'm a poutine newbie but I think it might be improper to put meat on it. Maybe we should consult GSP on his poutine opinions. That might be arguably definitive.

Poutine without the meat is not actually poutine then I dont think.

Back