How's your Poutine?

Tater tots are more expensive than fries. So not ghetto at all.

When tater tots were first invented it was a way to use of the excess potato scrap instead of throwing it out. But when they hit the market the price was so low that no one was buying them, assuming that it was a cheap product. Then they raised the price and a successful product was born.

When tater tots were first invented it was a way to use of the excess potato scrap instead of throwing it out. But when they hit the market the price was so low that no one was buying them, assuming that it was a cheap product. Then they raised the price and a successful product was born.
Sounds like lobsters!

Which leads me to another question... how's the Mexican food in the Philippines?
Complete suckage....back in Cebu now, and even here you have to lower your standards. I'm not a foodie or purist, but it's bad. Lumpia wrappers for burritos just doesn't cut it. Hope all is well! :)

Never had it with tater tots, but I would imagine that fries are better.

Never had Poutine but is definitely on my list. I'm afraid it might be a let down after having some fantastic Carne Asada fries.

carne-asada-fries.jpg

Yes! Carne Asada Fries > Poutine

Never had it with tater tots, but I would imagine that fries are better.
Waiting for 4PM local time (another half hour) and I will peacefully confront the Canadian who thinks that tater tots (got the spelling down now) are superior to french fries. With all the troubles these days in the world, we really don't need bullshit when it comes to comfort foods.

Not sure about the states but the Costco's in Canada have poutine. Same price as Mcdonalds but more than twice the size (portion, fry size, curd size). Don't need a membership to use the food court either. Can't be beat in terms of value.

Sounds delicious. I thought it was due to the extra grease.

Fun night out and a rare public appearance for steve38. The Canadian guy was a little pissed about me ordering fries, and even questioned his crew about making that an option. I interjected in a friendly manner, but the damage was already done. Hopefully he remembers me as a guy that was curious about food, and not as the one that had sex with all of his waitstaff :)
2ntwitw.jpg

210xcop.jpg

Seem pretty obvious which one is better. jk....lol All good bar food, and it really all tastes the same once the gravy and cheese do their work.

Last edited:
Lol @ poutine with tater tots. Maybe if you were Napolean Dynamite.

Like others ITT never heard of her. Only poutine with fries is what I have seen. Steak cut or homestyle fries are the best to use imho.

Poutine is overrated

Just skip fries, and just eat the smoked meat. It is healthier

go to The Main on Boul St Laurent and Rue Napoleon next time you in Montreal. Its across the street from Schwartz. The locals told me to skip Schwartz and go to The Main.

there's an awesome burger place just down from there (burger royale?) that makes a mean poutine

OMG are you Terry O'Reilly

Poutine is just the hipster version of Northern Englands chips (deep fried & handcut), cheese (cheddar) and beef gravy.

The true GOAT.

chips-cheese-and-gravy.jpg

Back