Hows your Xbox One X?

STARKNASTY

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I got that Xbox one x today. Watching my first 4k Blu Ray. It's pretty amazing. Call of Duty WW2 is pretty smooth. What are y'all playing on yours?

I just got a xbx1S last week. But thinking of giving that to my dad and getting the xbxX. Can you tell the difference vs xbxs?

I dont see the need to buy one right now. The xbox one S upscales content to 4k and has a uhd bluray player. Even if its not true 4k its ok.

Why else would I buy it now?

I dont really see a point

I just got a xbx1S last week. But thinking of giving that to my dad and getting the xbxX. Can you tell the difference vs xbxs?
It's a big difference if you have a 4k tv. Beautiful. If you don't have a 4k tv, I wouldn't upgrade.

It's a big difference if you have a 4k tv. Beautiful. If you don't have a 4k tv, I wouldn't upgrade.

I was a little skeptical when I got a 4K tv and a Roku premiere, but there is a big difference. And way more online 4K content than I thought with Netflix & Amazon. Makes sense they hide that though to save bandwidth if you don’t have a 4K device.

A while back, i read the s was 4K capable but game content was not in 4K. Does the x have legit 4K gameplay?

A while back, i read the s was 4K capable but game content was not in 4K. Does the x have legit 4K gameplay?

Sports, racing and C.O.D type of games will be legit 4K. Not every game but many seem to be.

Looks like MS wasn't playing. The console is a beast.

I’m thinking about upgrading.

I have an Xbox one Day one edition. I love my Xbox one. Only getting offered about 75 bucks for it from GameStop. Is it worth trading in ? Or keeping since it’s a ‘Day one’ edition.

I also need that 4K TV.

Won't the next generation consoles be coming in the next couple yrs?

My friend wants to buy one and I asked him why? He has no 4k TV, he has no 4k games, he only plays 1 game, rocket league. I asked him why he wanted one now so badly and he couldn't give me an answer, he just got angry that I was questioning his decision. He already has an xbox one S.

I'm tempted to get the One X, but with the S being 1/2 that price, I'll probably get it come black friday.

I think developers are starting to catch up now. I got a PS4 Pro for free last year and when I started reading about it they were saying it could do 4K output, but the games coming out would not hit the full 4K without serious sacrifices. Not sure how much has changed since then. Didn't stop me from immediately spending $1,200 on a 4K TV to compliment the PS4.

The thing about HD is even though the TV's are becoming better and better, all sources for media are seriously lagging.

My friend wants to buy one and I asked him why? He has no 4k TV, he has no 4k games, he only plays 1 game, rocket league. I asked him why he wanted one now so badly and he couldn't give me an answer, he just got angry that I was questioning his decision. He already has an xbox one S.
Why are you friends with someone so stupid and short sighted?

At least 2 years away.
We would think, but that hasn't stopped them before.

I think there will definitely be new consoles in 2019, but they will probably just be new "refreshes" like the Pro/X. I think the real next generation of consoles is probably more like 4 years away, and the reason is that limited internet bandwidth (even the new broadband speeds ~30-100 Mbps) are the prime driver of display demand, and they're limiting demand for 4K adoption; because the streams already can't even carry uncompressed 1080p images-- hell, they can't even carry Blu-Ray "lossless" compression sizes-- so what's the point in just getting an even more severely nerfed 4K image? Video games aren't the heart of industry advancement, after all.

1080 had Blu-Ray to drive the new demand. 4K has nothing except maybe home smartphone video on the latest and greatest flaghships. Even videogame GPUs aren't there with 4K, yet. Television, movies, and (other) streaming internet media are driving this bus. Everyone streams now, and streaming is way, way, way, way, way behind what the best hardware can handle locally. Simultaneously, you have the ever-present effect of the increasingly diminishing returns on graphical improvement even at the same Moore's Law pace of hardware advancement.

Until we get that quantum internet, I don't think Sony/MS will be in a rush. It's changing more slowly than I expected.

Back