Hundreds of Missouri’s 15-year-old brides may have married their rapists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen, guy, the reality is that being knocked up while still in junior high is NOT a problem. You act as if there are negative ramifications for society when shitty families raise shitty kids to get pregnant while unmarried and still adolescents. Obviously, this is a good thing. If it were not then there would be zero reason for politicians to be hesitant to talk about the issue. Why the fuck would it not be talked about constantly if there were negative consequences?

I support your bold e-suicide attempts here.

Giggigity Giggigity.

as much as one can criticize bible. It does not actually say marry your rapist, the rapist can be killed in bible there are stories of this. It say if the woman raped want to marry her rapist then he has to accept and he can never divorce her and must financial support her till he dies. Weird law

btw- don't you have to be a resident of said state to marry?

Last edited:
That's great, but I wasn't dating 24 year olds when I was 14, she was. It's not like he was sitting there sipping pepsi while she was getting wasted, they were dating, got drunk, and had ill-advised unprotected sex. I obviously find it gross and creepy for a 14 and 24 to be dating, but they were voluntarily and married so the kid was only mostly doomed.
<Huh2>

Let's be honest. This would be a 40 page thread by now if this was done by muslims.

That's M-I-S-S-O-U-R-I. Pronounced misery.

No 14 year old should be getting married and certainly not to a 24 year old

Anyone trying to justify this is a bit bent

i live in missouri and i ....eh....it is a shithole....even i cant defend it lol

we got jobs here if you dont do much heroine or meth.......and theres like....trees and stuff........

So a girl who is raped and traumatized is 'compensated' by ruining her life completely. I'll never understand religion and yet is such a driving and destructive force in the US and globally..

That's great, but I wasn't dating 24 year olds when I was 14, she was. It's not like he was sitting there sipping pepsi while she was getting wasted, they were dating, got drunk, and had ill-advised unprotected sex. I obviously find it gross and creepy for a 14 and 24 to be dating, but they were voluntarily and married so the kid was only mostly doomed.

<Huh2>

It's Ol' Dirty Bastard all over again in this thread.

It's not great. My point was that there is a reason that statutory laws exist, and it's because a 14 year old cannot give informed consent to a 24 year old. Hence the 'rape' part of the sentence.

And it doesn't matter if he was sipping pepsi or not, providing alcohol to a minor is a felony.

Then I guess you're for forced abortion. If they aren't ready to marry they sure aren't ready to be raising a child. Or...?
How do you come to that conclusion? You're forced to abort a child because the kids aren't married? I never implied that. Your "or...?" was a good start.

You can't morally or legally force someone to get an abortion. If they're not ready to raise a child, they should get support for raising the child. If they want to get an abortion, I think that would be their right and probably not a bad idea. I would never, ever support forcing an abortion and that's such a weird leap to make.

Well most rapists don't take care of you and the kid afterwards so what's the big deal here

Sex with children is ok as long as you pay them afterward?

hansenlol.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back