HW holy trinity

Niels

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If the planned bouts actually come thrue i’m expecting a situation like this:

-AJ can’t beat Fury (due to awkward style)
-Fury can’t beat Wilder (due to his awkward style not affecting Wilder because of Wilders’ own unorthodox style)
-Wilder can’t beat AJ, cause AJ is too technical for him (Ortiz almost KO’d Wilder)

Boxing isn’t an exact science, but

What do you think and how will the bouts get planned after this if this is how it goes?

AJ loses to Fury because he's stiff. Fury is bigger; moves better. I give it to the fluid big man who can play off the ropes, pivot, change stances. Fury is the man.

Fury/Wilder is a toss up. They both move. Wilder has more pop. Fury boxes far better.

Wilder cracks AJ's stationary head in the later rounds, that is the turning point of the fight. Does AJ stay down? Doubt it. I don't think Wilder will stop AJ. If AJ regains composure he still wins on scorecards.

Wilder said it himself, Ortiz's stake in the HW division went up. The left straight, right hook he hit Wilder with landed clean. Wilder survived. If anything I think that gives me more faith in Wilder, because he's shown he can recover when his chin is tested.

-Fury can’t beat Wilder (due to his awkward style not affecting Wilder because of Wilders’ own unorthodox style)
-Wilder can’t beat AJ, cause AJ is too technical for him (Ortiz almost KO’d Wilder)

What do you think and how will the bouts get planned after this if this is how it goes?
Sort of a paper scissors stone. It's possible but I think Wilder won't be able to handle Fury's boxing ability either. If the same Fury that outboxed Wlad shows up, then Wilder is in for a tough night. His boxing just isn't good enough to cope with that much movement. In recent bouts he's been losing nearly all the rounds until he lands the big equaliser. I just don't think he's going to find it that easy to land a big shot on Fury.

And I think Wilder has a decent chance at beating AJ. They both carry fight ending power and they've shown they can land it when necessary. I think it's a real 50/50 fight. I give AJ the edge in technical ability and he has a bigger variety of punches but Wilder is faster and might just have the edge in power. They've both shown the ability to recover from big shots so maybe they'll survive for a bit if they get clipped. One area I would say Wilder has the edge is his stamina. AJ tends to gas around the middle rounds and then gets his second wind. That could be a problem against Wilder. But overall it's still a pickem fight for me.

Sort of a paper scissors stone. It's possible but I think Wilder won't be able to handle Fury's boxing ability either. If the same Fury that outboxed Wlad shows up, then Wilder is in for a tough night. His boxing just isn't good enough to cope with that much movement. In recent bouts he's been losing nearly all the rounds until he lands the big equaliser. I just don't think he's going to find it that easy to land a big shot on Fury.

And I think Wilder has a decent chance at beating AJ. They both carry fight ending power and they've shown they can land it when necessary. I think it's a real 50/50 fight. I give AJ the edge in technical ability and he has a bigger variety of punches but Wilder is faster and might just have the edge in power. They've both shown the ability to recover from big shots so maybe they'll survive for a bit if they get clipped. One area I would say Wilder has the edge is his stamina. AJ tends to gas around the middle rounds and then gets his second wind. That could be a problem against Wilder. But overall it's still a pickem fight for me.
Yeah Fury’s dangerous because of his awkwardness. I’m a fan of how he’s able to beat these dominant heavy punchers like this, but i’m really hoping he doesn’t beat both AJ and Wilder. Just not the image of the HW champ i’d like haha

Yeah Fury’s dangerous because of his awkwardness. I’m a fan of how he’s able to beat these dominant heavy punchers like this, but i’m really hoping he doesn’t beat both AJ and Wilder. Just not the image of the HW champ i’d like haha
No, I agree. The way he boxes it just isn't exciting, especially when comparing him to two KO artists like AJ and Wilder.

For me from what I've seen so far:

Fury > AJ
Wilder > Fury
Wilder > AJ

Funny that there was a time I thought Lucas Browne would beat Wilder.

AJ fucks fury up something fierce.

did people forget fury initially went away because he was caught using anabolic steroids? he didn't just take a little break from boxing and have a bit of the old depression, his absence was due to him being a busted PED cheat. he went and rounded that off with a nice little coke addiction, as well.

so, to sum up: his claim to fame is a victory over wlad, which would've been impressive if the two actually fought instead of clinch all night, which he topped off by getting busted for roids, frying his brain with cocaine, having a mental breakdown, and becoming morbidly obese. now he's chucked the coke and the pounds, and he's going to beat the people who have actually spent this time like athletes?

fury has neither the speed nor the power to keep AJ or wilder off of him. he has slick head movement, and he's entertaining as fuck when he talks. but he gets finished by both of those guys, in brutal fashion.

For me from what I've seen so far:

Fury > AJ
Wilder > Fury
Wilder > AJ

Funny that there was a time I thought Lucas Browne would beat Wilder.
Big Wilder fan huh? I hated his style at first, but it’s grown on me. I still think a tall and powerful guy with crisp technique can expose him, being AJ.

At least that’s what I’m hoping haha

did people forget fury initially went away because he was caught using anabolic steroids? he didn't just take a little break from boxing and have a bit of the old depression, his absence was due to him being a busted PED cheat. he went and rounded that off with a nice little coke addiction, as well.

so, to sum up: his claim to fame is a victory over wlad, which would've been impressive if the two actually fought instead of clinch all night, which he topped off by getting busted for roids, frying his brain with cocaine, having a mental breakdown, and becoming morbidly obese. now he's chucked the coke and the pounds, and he's going to beat the people who have actually spent this time like athletes?

fury has neither the speed nor the power to keep AJ or wilder off of him. he has slick head movement, and he's entertaining as fuck when he talks. but he gets finished by both of those guys, in brutal fashion.
Really? Didn’t know about the PED’s. Thank you

Big Wilder fan huh? I hated his style at first, but it’s grown on me. I still think a tall and powerful guy with crisp technique can expose him, being AJ.

At least that’s what I’m hoping haha

I don't know if I'm a fan of him.
I want Fury to beat him, but I just don't think I'd bet that he will.

He has grown on me quite a bit though. Mind you, at first I really thought he was just a taller Seth Mitchell. A guy with shallow background experience who can punch hard.

I like his attitude outside of the ring. I think he's a better spokesman for the heavies than Fury or AJ. He's an entertaining guy that can have a broader appeal.

I don't know if I'm a fan of him.
I want Fury to beat him, but I just don't think I'd bet that he will.

He has grown on me quite a bit though. Mind you, at first I really thought he was just a taller Seth Mitchell. A guy with shallow background experience who can punch hard.

I like his attitude outside of the ring. I think he's a better spokesman for the heavies than Fury or AJ. He's an entertaining guy that can have a broader appeal.
Probably yeah, but he’s too loud for me without having proven alot. I like AJ’s quiet approach.

AJ’s more popular at the moment anyway.

Even though everybody wants to see those matchups, i kinda like the buildup and fantasising too. We finally have an exciting stable of HW’s again and that can be ruined if one of ‘em loses, since being undisputed is a big thing in boxing, compared to mma

Agreed, it's not like Fury was some gift from god athletic phenom with untapped potential that could recover like new. All that he's been through is hard for anyone to come back at his best. Wilder is gonna knock the rust off him.

It's strange and good at the same time how we have three undefeated pro boxers at the top. And only this year did Parker and Ortiz lose their 0's. On December 1st either Wilder or Fury will make their first L. And it's hard for me to make a prediction. As much as I lean towards Wilder and his power to turn off his lights more and more I'm starting to think Fury makes it an ugly 12 round contest taking a decision win. I would say it's 60-40 for me in Wilder's favor. This is the biggest fight of the year by far.

All of these guys can beat each other but I do agree that Joshua struggles to get near fury, fury walks a 12 round tightrope against wilder, and Joshua is likely to knock out wilder before he lands his straight right.

I think a lot of folks see this rock paper scissors trifecta, and Im sure we'll be surprised along the way. I just know this, the value of anyone's name this era aint going down too far with a L, this is a new and competitive era for HWT division where anyone can be KOd, and these guys are giants and can sell fights. Rematches and styles all clashing and not just Fury/ Wilder/AJ, but we got Whyte, Chisora, Parker, Hughie, Miller, and others on their way up the ranks, not to mention Usyk will be HWT before long. When the dust settles for this era, no telling who's gonna be top dog.

Fury has reasonable headmovement for a big fella, TBH I believe any heavyweight with a pulse and reasonable headmovement could beat the Windmill.

Back