hypocritical-biased double standard on Stipe's wins

canadian_mmafan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Volkov beats Werdum and that catapults him to the stratosphere and people get super excited. He's the next big thing. Huuugee win (donald trump impression). When Miocic does it, we hate Miocic for it, we want to dimish his win so as not to face the fact he's GOAT. Ngannou beat Arlovski..and then Overeem. WOW. Next big thing is born, HUUUGEE wins. But people spit on Miocic's resume when he beat the same guys when they were younger and were on winning-streaks.

Miocic did good vs. champ Werdum in Brazil, fast KO. Volkov should be embarrassed then that it took him 3 rounds to beat an even older Werdum. What accomplishment?

Why is this being deleted???? I'm always making great points and the mods go crazy

Why is this being deleted???? I'm always making great points and the mods go crazy

I always make great threads. The best threads. I fill em with content and people love em. Lots of people. In fact I think it was the most people ever.

Werdum is no joke. Anyone good enough to beat him is obviously tough.

Volkamos smashes Stipe. Stipe been taking too many hits on the chin, been through too many wars, and is getting old. Embrace the new HW god, and forget about your false idol Stipe.

Volkov beats Werdum and that catapults him to the stratosphere and people get super excited. He's the next big thing. Huuugee win (donald trump impression). When Miocic does it, we hate Miocic for it, we want to dimish his win so as not to face the fact he's GOAT. Ngannou beat Arlovski..and then Overeem. WOW. Next big thing is born, HUUUGEE wins. But people spit on Miocic's resume when he beat the same guys when they were younger and were on winning-streaks.

Miocic did good vs. champ Werdum in Brazil, fast KO. Volkov should be embarrassed then that it took him 3 rounds to beat an even older Werdum. What accomplishment?

It's easier to stir up hype about a fighter coming up than the one already in the catbird seat. But as Miocic's case proves, stopping the streaks of old, established favorites isn't guaranteed to make you popular with their entrenched fanships. There were Rothwell boosters peeved that Miocic had pulled out of a fight against him due to injury and in suspiciously short time got booked against Arlovski. There was a lot of butthurt from nostalgic fans that Arlovski on a great resurgent streak hadn't gotten a title shot, that because UFC went with a Werdum-Cain auto-rematch he had been shunted into fighting Miocic...sending him into another type of streak entirely. And of course, people that were happy for the auto-rematch were dealing with a substitute stealing the spotlight against Werdum.

Back