"I’m going to embarrass him, put him on his back, knee on belly & hand on throat" --- Tony Ferguson

Son Peyote

★★★★★★★★
@Brown
Reaction score
071415-UFC-184-Tony-Ferguson-PI-CH.vresize.1200.675.high_.581.jpg

Source: https://www.thescore.com/mma/news/1510881

Tony Freguson said:
"I’m going to embarrass him," Ferguson recently told Newsday's Ryan Gerbosi. "I don’t want to hurt the guy, I’m going to embarrass him. So he’s got one chance to sit down, quit and walk away."

"I’m going to put him on his back, I’m going to take him down. You think he’s been preparing any rubber guard? I hope so, but I don’t think so. He’s got no flexibility, his right knee is a bum knee. His conditioning is weak and his body, he’s really had a lot of problems with his weight cut. So where do you think I’m going to go with my punches?
Tony Freguson said:
"There’s no secret, I’m going to punish his body. Then I’m going to go upstairs, I’m going to take him down, I’m going to go knee-on-belly, I’m going to put my hand on his throat and I’m going to hold my hand up like a (expletive) wolverine claw and I’m going to tell him to (expletive) quit."

"The opponent we have right now typically is a sambo-style fighter and he’s very tough and has a strong head on his shoulders, but I just see that he’s weak in so many different departments that he had to hire a bigger team and really needed more time. If the dude was ready, he would have fought me in May, I gave him that opportunity. But he wanted to go fight somebody else. You don’t want to fight me, you never did."

Very interested to see someone finally throw damage to Khabib's body

A 200 lbs man cutting to 155 cannot sustain a heavy body attack​

I'm rooting for Cucuy, but I really don't see that happening in this fight.

i actually believe him. not saying that will happen but i believe that Tony is being honest here. thats how he really feels. thats great. WAR El Cucuy

And then you'll wake up from such a sweet, sweet dream the next day, after getting your ass whooped the day before.

I believe him.

Khabibs first 5 round fight is going to become a nightmare.

And still.

I think the only path to victory for Ferguson is to hurt Kebob standing

El Cucuy is winning this fight.

He’s bat-shit crazy and truly believes all these things he’s saying. That’s what makes him so great. The fact that he is crazy. How many people are wanting to fight Khabib as badly as Tony does since Khabib jumped onto the scene? Nobody.

Just keep doing what you’re doing Tony. It’s gonna be a damn war.

Last edited:
I suppose it is ok to say what you will do in a fight but as we know...usually goes nothing like what you think.

I really like that he's targeting to hit Khalabeeb's body
Tony is going to make his life hell in the championship rounds, can't wait

You could hear Hooft telling Michael Johnson to go to the body. That didn't work out for him, and he's a better and faster striker than Tony

I'm still leaning towards a sub in the 4th of 5th for El Cucuy after he gasses Khabib out. This fits with that scenario.

So is he going to take him down and put his knee on his belly, or is he going to use the rubber guard? He's all over the place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only way Khabib wins is break his arm or something like MJ did. Still only got a decision out of it and Tony hit him with his broken arm for two rounds.

Lol like khabib gives a fuck where u gona hit him. Khabibs been hit to the body before and he went visibly slower for like 10sec lol then smashed the guy

Khabib is rightly favored but him winning is no foregone conclusion
- Khabib has never gone 5 rounds, Tony did 5 in Mexico
- Khabib can't finish high level opponents, Tony is a berserker
- Nobody has punished Khabib's sluggish entries, Tony has a stiff jab, cross & front kick​

I'm rooting for Cucuy, but I really don't see that happening in this fight.
I want Tony to win, but I am afraid he will be far too comfortable on his back. I think his striking is good but khabib will walk through it for the 1st round or two. The way I see tony getting the win is by weathering the storm in the first 3 rounds and then possibly khabib may slow down and tony may be able to capitalize on it.

Khabib will drop him with a left hook/uppercut. It's Khabib's best punch and Tony is always wide open for it. From there it'll be the usual Khabib performance.

You can't ever bet against crazy and Ferguson is full on crazy. I think he's going to have a lot of problems with Khabib's takedowns and top control, but the longer the fight goes the better his chances get. I could definitely see Ferguson turning the tide and getting a late finish on a gassed Khabib.

Back