I’m liking OAM’s improvements — this guy at 155 is underrated.

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Every time I see him he’s improving his game and that KO of Dunham just showed how much potential he has.

He’s always been a super strong dude with a giant frame for a 155er.

He’s got some pretty legit judo — comparable to Khabib, honestly, and now that he’s rounding out his skillset as a southpaw, he’s a problem for a lot of people.

Every time I see him he’s improving his game and that KO of Dunham just showed how much potential he has.

He’s always been a super strong dude with a giant frame for a 155er.

He’s got some pretty legit judo — comparable to Khabib, honestly, and now that he’s rounding out his skillset as a southpaw, he’s a problem for a lot of people.

He's got kinda lucky vs Dunham, whose stance has always been a bit vulnerable to the body shots.
He's OK grappler, but his striking will not leave him for long in the upper echelon.

Still lots of work to do. But showing new wrinkles is a good thing in mma.

Yeah, a fighter cracks into top 15 by a great win, and all conor minions can say is who the fook because he doesn't open his mouth...

How about mentioning his actual name?

Edit: now noticed it in a hashtag on the embedded Instagram post. :rolleyes:

I have to admit that Aubin-Mercier is one of those fighters that I for some reason or another just don't care about, or atleast haven't so far.

I just checked to see how many fights in the UFC he has had, and was shocked to find that the answer is 9. I've only seen him twice, against Dunham just last weekend and against Drew Dober. He looked pretty good in both of those fights, yet still didn't spark my interest.

Should I go back and watch some of his previous fights? Any recommendations from anyone who actually knows how he fights?

Yeah, a fighter cracks into top 15 by a great win, and all conor minions can say is who the fook because he doesn't open his mouth...

I think it was a legit question, I got no idea who OAM is either lol. As in what's the acronym stand for?

this dude is boring af

I want to see him against Gregor Gillespie.

Needs some more proving to do, but I like the guy. I like that he doesn't take himself too seriously so he made a mini-fan out of me.

Can't hate on the Canadian Gangster.

this dude is boring af

This guy just finished his fight by TKO in the first round.

If this is boring for you, go watch WWE. Ronda and Brock are there

At just 29 he is now coming into his physical prime & hasn't even been fighting pro for 5 years yet!

Same ppl writing off his chances would've done the same to RDA in 2010 or Stipe after he lost to Struve.

The fact that he is Canada's best active UFC fighter may get him some favorable matchups. I'd like to see him get #13 Hernandez next on the big FOX card in Canada in July.

Hilarious how much shit I got on here when I said he would blast Dunham

Back