I’m pretty excited for whyte-parker

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
headed to reno rn gonna spend the weekend there with some friends. Watch the fights etc. I also brought some extra money that i am gonna put on whyte. I think hes gets it done in a rough fight

I might also take a hard look at the chisora-takam odds. Honestly if chisora is a substantial dog it might be worth it to put some money down

I think Whyte is gonna win too, TKO/KO in later rounds. But I just hope the fight is not a snoozefest, I really don't enjoy Parker fights. I find him incredibly boring to be honest. I think he is a really nice guy, he seems like a gentleman, but sorry I seen 5 or 6 of his full fights and it was torture to the ole eye muscles, and the fights all looked the same, feeling I was in dejavu.

I wouldn't mind see Joshua vs Whyte 2, I thought their first fight was pretty fun.

headed to reno rn gonna spend the weekend there with some friends. Watch the fights etc. I also brought some extra money that i am gonna put on whyte. I think hes gets it done in a rough fight

I might also take a hard look at the chisora-takam odds. Honestly if chisora is a substantial dog it might be worth it to put some money down

I wouldn’t waste your money on Del Boy fella, he’s shot

I think Whyte is gonna win too, TKO/KO in later rounds. But I just hope the fight is not a snoozefest, I really don't enjoy Parker fights. I find him incredibly boring to be honest. I think he is a really nice guy, he seems like a gentleman, but sorry I seen 5 or 6 of his full fights and it was torture to the ole eye muscles, and the fights all looked the same, feeling I was in dejavu.

I wouldn't mind see Joshua vs Whyte 2, I thought their first fight was pretty fun.

I’m the same with Parker. He’s respectful and very likeable (a typical kiwi in my experience). He isn’t an exciting fighter but he can box. I think this will be a snooze fest and a Parker ud

Whyte Joshua 2 is a good fight. Both these guys have improved and I think whyte will draw Joshua in to a fire fight, unlike Parker. Whyte has a chance against any hw in that sort of fight

I think Parker is going to make Whyte look like shit but I hope Im wrong.

Super pumped for this. And almost equally excited for the Chisora/Takam fight. My predictions are Parker and Takam. Whyte can take it if he plays it smart. Forget about the KO. That samoan head is not getting shook.

Plus Ortiz is fighting Cojanu on the same night. Crazy boxing weekend.

Had no idea it was this weekend. The buildup has been fun. I got parker by decision.

I think Parker is going to make Whyte look like shit but I hope Im wrong.

This, Whyte is a bit of a plodder, he has decent power, a decent chin, but doesnt really box very well.

I dont think his power will trouble Parker, and he will be outboxed, and possibly overpowered mid-late rounds.

Does Whyte have the boxing skills to outbox Parker...nope
Does Whyte have the power to stop Parker....nope

Unless either of them have made huge strides, i only see one winner

Is this available on TV in the States?

Parker has fought too cautious at times when in with a live threat... that's a problem that Whyte doesn't have.

I could see Whyte outpointing Parker for a UD.

I like Whyte he's no nonsense and makes the best of his limited skills. Heart and belief he has in abundance, think it'll be the difference here.
As for Chisora, if he's up for it, he's a fucking nightmare. Whyte/Chis was tremendous.

I have a feeling both of these fights are gonna be pretty boring but going out to the fights is never a bad idea. I watched Miggy Vazquez live so there's no way you can beat me this weekend, haha.

I think both fights go to Dec but the odds I'm seeing are so juiced on the over maybe I'll toss a few dollars on the unders just out of principle. They're hw's afterall, not laying 4-1 on the overs when it comes to the big boys, even if I do think it'll go the distance.

Del Boy/Takam is interesting. I agree Del Boy is pretty shot and Takam probably takes it, tough fight to bet tho, imo. I'm passing rn but if Del Boy gets up past 2-1. I might throw a flier on him.

Parker should take this in a fairly boring Dec but maybe Whyte can force a fight out of him, Parker is pretty hard to hit super clean but it's not like he's a defensive genius in there or anything. Hopefully they can put on a better than expected fight b/c if it turns into a slugfest it could be really fun.

Have fun man. Make sure to lose some money at the blackjack tables, it's one of my traditions.

Tried watching parker vs Joshua and fury but couldn't last through either, so so dull

Rewatched Whyte vs brown and Chisora. Why is pretty cute inside, he can land sneaky shots you don't see, uppercuts through the middle and nice body shots. I was quite impressed tbh

He's also a real big lump with big long arms. I think he wants it a hell of a lot too, more than anyone else at hw right now

That desire combined with his decent skills means I want to bet on him

Sadly I probably won't because I don't know enough about parker except the few rounds I trenched through, he didn't look anything special tbh and gets hit quite often. Makes me wonder what everyone sees in him, is it a case of the match room hype when he was announced as an opponent for Joshua, build him up as some real skilled danger man and everyone has just lapped it up and repeated it ?

I wanted to watch this and just checked the box office price for streaming, £19.95. Now this is a normal-ish price for pay per view but I object because I got the Usyk/Gassiev fight (which was probably a lot better than this one) for £9.99. I don't think this event warrants that pay per view price, the two fighters just aren't that well known. The undercard doesn't exactly look great either. Benn, Buatsi, Taylor and Chisora against less than stellar opponents.

I wanted to watch this and just checked the box office price for streaming, £19.95. Now this is a normal-ish price for pay per view but I object because I got the Usyk/Gassiev fight (which was probably a lot better than this one) for £9.99. I don't think this event warrants that pay per view price, the two fighters just aren't that well known. The undercard doesn't exactly look great either. Benn, Buatsi, Taylor and Chisora against less than stellar opponents.
I think chisora takam will be a nice fight. Agreed its not a ppv card

I got Whyte over Parker and Chisora over Takam

Whyte coming off looking good against Browne, who I don't really rate at all tbh, and Parker, who needs to be more aggressive this time out, another good fighter, I feel Parker can box good enough to take this to points , but he needs to be fiery to be awarded that decision

I won’t be buying it! I think Parker vs whyte will be a snoozer. Del Boy is done. I like benn and Buatsi but that doesn’t warrant me buying this card.
As good as Katie Taylor is, I’m just not interested in women’s combat sports as a whole. I’d be more interested if she fought a low level fella, she’s way too good for the girls I’ve seen her in with

Usyk vs gassiev was a no brainier for less than an ayrton

I won’t be buying it! I think Parker vs whyte will be a snoozer. Del Boy is done. I like benn and Buatsi but that doesn’t warrant me buying this card.
As good as Katie Taylor is, I’m just not interested in women’s combat sports as a whole. I’d be more interested if she fought a low level fella, she’s way too good for the girls I’ve seen her in with

Usyk vs gassiev was a no brainier for less than an ayrton
Yeah you've summed it up pretty well. I think Parker will box really cautious and negatively as he did against Joshua. Then it will be a shit fight. Benn and Buatsi I like too but I have no clue who their opponents are so I'm not expecting much. I like Katie Taylor but I haven't really been following her since as you say she's going up against girls that are really overmatched.

Back