I’ve got to be honest, these DAZN cards are TRASH.

Oh, I just noticed Lemieux is in the undercard. I bet that’s who Canelo is fighting in May. I hope it ain’t so.

Its a co promotion thing I think. Whole thing is slightly confusing in typical boxing fashion though.

Card is nothing earth shattering and obviously the main event is a mismatch, but still, its Canelo, plus the undercard has Lemieux, Farmer, Ryan Garcia, Taylor/Wahlstrom and Sadam Ali so its pretty decent overall.

So let’s see.. Canelo is moving up to fight a guy who could easily fight at 175... with Canelo perhaps aiming for Callum Smith and testing height and reach... or maybe even attempting Zurdo Ramirez...

Yet Charlo fans call Canelo a ducker or that Charlo is the best Middleweight because he beat 1 legged Heilland and Centeno Jr.? Ffs

Card doesnt seem that bad to me. The undercard to wilder fury was mismatches and crap potentisl for good fights.

Maim event for this one sucks, but DAZN is like 5-10 bucka, comprable to the $75 PPV, but for months or a year.

So let’s see.. Canelo is moving up to fight a guy who could easily fight at 175... with Canelo perhaps aiming for Callum Smith and testing height and reach... or maybe even attempting Zurdo Ramirez...

Yet Charlo fans call Canelo a ducker or that Charlo is the best Middleweight because he beat 1 legged Heilland and Centeno Jr.? Ffs

Which would you consider the better fight? Canelo - Fielding or Charlo - Monroe?

Maim event for this one sucks, but DAZN is like 5-10 bucka, comprable to the $75 PPV, but for months or a year.

Thats a fair point.

Its not the kind of card thats likely to draw in a ton of new subscribers though. Its going to take a couple of legit big fights to really get the ball rolling.

Which would you consider the better fight? Canelo - Fielding or Charlo - Monroe?

Canelo Fielding of course. This is the tallest opponent and AVAILABLE opponent to test “high ground” (literally) should he want to prep for Benavidez Jr., Zurdo, Callum Smith. One could even say it’s a good REACH test for Andrade, Jacobs or Charlo.

Charlo on the different side of the street, obviously exposure off Canelo’s name since GBP nor Canelo are going to split Mandatory money with Jermall. Jermall isn’t a high profile fighter to demand a high split against Canelo. Do I want the fight? Yes, but a guy like Jacobs brings more money and actually has a belt for unification.

Monroe Jr. is bigger than Trout, both Southpaw. I’m not ruling out an upset...

Last edited:
My first (free month) just expired, nothing has been announced for me to activate my account to be honest. I have cable on my apartment( the bundle includes Showtime for all residents) so I'll be watching fox/fs1 and Showtime for free on the meantime.

DAZN had Usyk vs Bellew, but overall its been a slow start for sure. Going forward though they have the two biggest stars in world boxing in AJ and Canelo as well as one of the best pound for pound in Usyk.

Whyte/Chisora 2 on Showtime instead of DAZN now as well. So it looks like the precedent is set for AJ fights to not be on DAZN either going forward. Not great is it?

Whyte/Chisora 2 on Showtime instead of DAZN now as well. So it looks like the precedent is set for AJ fights to not be on DAZN either going forward. Not great is it?
It isn’t. I’d hoped that DAZN would mean a farewell to expensive PPVs but we’ll still have to go that route for the really big fights.

My first (free month) just expired, nothing has been announced for me to activate my account to be honest. I have cable on my apartment( the bundle includes Showtime for all residents) so I'll be watching fox/fs1 and Showtime for free on the meantime.
I think they just bill you and you sub continues. Unless you cleared your payment info, I guess.

It isn’t. I’d hoped that DAZN would mean a farewell to expensive PPVs but we’ll still have to go that route for the really big fights.
No way are they going to miss out on PPV revenue for big fights like Joshua/Wilder.

No way are they going to miss out on PPV revenue for big fights like Joshua/Wilder.
But that’s what they’re doing with Canelo. If he fulfills his contract he won’t be on PPV for at least 5 years. You’re right, though, putting Whyte/Chisora on Showtime is an indication of where AJ/Wilder is going.

But that’s what they’re doing with Canelo. If he fulfills his contract he won’t be on PPV for at least 5 years. You’re right, though, putting Whyte/Chisora on Showtime is an indication of where AJ/Wilder is going.
Good point. I can't imagine they'll be able to invest in every fighter like Canelo though.

Good point. I can't imagine they'll be able to invest in every fighter like Canelo though.
They must think Canelo is worth the risk and will keep on winning. A lot of the other contracts are for 2 or 3 fights each. I just hope they keep featuring smaller and up and coming fighters like Farmer and Ryan Garcia.

The issue they have is that they are still trying to do PPV styled cards on a streaming platform. In reality you only need 2 or 3 additional fights on top of the main event. If promoters want to give the other fighters in their roster a run out, then do a weekly or bi-weekly contender type series.

There’s an interesting thread in the worldwide mma forum about how shockingly low viewership has been so far. As people have pointed out it’s early days yet, so let’s hope things improve. If they don’t get much better though I wonder if superstar like Canelo will stick with them, is there some kind of out in the contract they signed. I mean, the money is great but you still want an audience.

There’s an interesting thread in the worldwide mma forum about how shockingly low viewership has been so far. As people have pointed out it’s early days yet, so let’s hope things improve. If they don’t get much better though I wonder if superstar like Canelo will stick with them, is there some kind of out in the contract they signed. I mean, the money is great but you still want an audience.

They really need to step things up with the quality and depth of the cards, they have been truly awful so far. Really poor, turgid stuff.

They really need to step things up with the quality and depth of the cards, they have been truly awful so far. Really poor, turgid stuff.
Yeah, there’s been some painful cards. The Kansas card featuring Jarell Miller and that shit from Monaco a few weeks ago come to mind immediately. Even the WBSS has been hit or miss - might actually be dead now for all I know.
I wonder if these rumours will hamper them in signing big names like GGG for anything more than one fight at a time.

Back