I am assuming here that nobody is in favor of abortions after 8 months, fair?

At eight months there are still legit reasons for abortion, like the baby having a painful crippling and expensive disease.

Severe fetal abnormalities are usually detected long before the 8 month mark.

Here is my question. Look at the following chart:

baby-dev.png

I am curious, from those who support abortion, at what stage, based on the above diagram that you can each go verify as fact for yourselves, is it OK to kill your child?

My significant other was pregnant with our son, and at 22 weeks of the pregnancy she became very ill. Her blood pressure went to 250/180 and she had this thing called preeclampsia. They had to terminate the pregnancy by doing a c-section and killing the baby. He was a little over a week too young to survive outside the womb and died. We knew that going into the procedure, but she wouldn't have survived without it. So I essentially terminated a pregnancy at 22 weeks. He was mostly formed, except for his lung function and a few other things.

The thing is, the baby couldn't live without the mother even at 22 weeks. It didn't have thoughts, memories, hopes, desires, or anything else that makes a person a person. Aborting a pregnancy is no different than taking a brain dead person off life support. Yes, technically they are alive but not without the mother giving them everything. And apart from that, there's too many kids running around with parents who didn't want them and it's causing more social harm than just letting people have abortions. So I'm all for allowing abortions up to the point where the baby is viable outside the womb.

My opinion is 4 weeks or less

But my opinion doesn’t matter

It’s up to the woman carrying the child

Most women don't even know they are pregnant at 4 weeks. You typically wouldn't even suspect you're pregnant until missing a period.

Yes, it is significantly easier to deal with unwanted kids who can be fostered and adopted than a grown homeless person without much of a future at all.

I would say it is about the same. White kids have a much better chance of adoption than black kids. What if the child has mental or health issues? Do you think anyone is going to want to adopt them? Homeless people can learn new skills and survive on those skills, but most are too lazy or mentally uncapable. That is why they are where they are. Give third world homeless people the same opportunity here in the U.S. and they would thrive under our infrastructure.

First trimester is fine with me.

Btw to the male feminists answer me this. So to you the guy has no say in the pregnancy either way, and it's 100% the woman's choice. So is it 100% the mans choice to walk away if he wants an abortion and the woman doesn't?

Btw to the male feminists answer me this. So to you the guy has no say in the pregnancy either way, and it's 100% the woman's choice. So is it 100% the mans choice to walk away if he wants an abortion and the woman doesn't?

The reason a man can't force a woman to get an abortion is because it's in her body. Why is that hard to understand?

Second the Laws that favor women in custody battles are fucked. Need to be fix.

The reason a man can't force a woman to get an abortion is because it's in her body. Why is that hard to understand?

Second the Laws that favor women in custody battles are fucked. Need to be fix.
I never suggested otherwise. Your 2nd comment hit the nail on the head.

My significant other was pregnant with our son, and at 22 weeks of the pregnancy she became very ill. Her blood pressure went to 250/180 and she had this thing called preeclampsia. They had to terminate the pregnancy by doing a c-section and killing the baby. He was a little over a week too young to survive outside the womb and died.

I'm sorry to hear about your son. I lost a son myself under different circumstances. My son had issues with his kidneys and heart while developing inside his mother. My wife and I knew that but decided to carry the pregnancy to full term. She also had a C-section done at around the 9 month mark because he was not coming out and it would pose a risk to my wife. He looked perfect, but died about 4 hours later. He could survive inside the mother, but not outside.

I'm sorry to hear about your son. I lost a son myself under different circumstances. My son had issues with his kidneys and heart while developing inside his mother. My wife and I knew that but decided to carry the pregnancy to full term. She also had a C-section done at around the 9 month mark because he was not coming out and it would pose a risk to my wife. He looked perfect, but died about 4 hours later. He could survive inside the mother, but not outside.

My first son had liquid in his lungs when he was born. It was the worst thing in the world holding him, feeling him struggle to live and have him drowning in my arms. Then putting on a smile and trying to reassure my wife that everything would be ok. He died 12 hours after birth.

My significant other was pregnant with our son, and at 22 weeks of the pregnancy she became very ill. Her blood pressure went to 250/180 and she had this thing called preeclampsia. They had to terminate the pregnancy by doing a c-section and killing the baby. He was a little over a week too young to survive outside the womb and died. We knew that going into the procedure, but she wouldn't have survived without it. So I essentially terminated a pregnancy at 22 weeks. He was mostly formed, except for his lung function and a few other things.
That is obviously fine when the child threatens the mothers life. But using this example, which is an amazingly small percentage of abortions is both unfair as it is stupid.

The thing is, the baby couldn't live without the mother even at 22 weeks. It didn't have thoughts, memories, hopes, desires, or anything else that makes a person a person.
There are plenty of things that make this both a person and a human life. Stop.

So I'm all for allowing abortions up to the point where the baby is viable outside the womb.
So, you would have no problem stabbing a baby in the heart even one moment prior to delivery?

My first son had liquid in his lungs when he was born. It was the worst thing in the world holding him, feeling him struggle to live and have him drowning in my arms. Then putting on a smile and trying to reassure my wife that everything would be ok. He died 12 hours after birth.

I'm sorry to hear about your son. I lost my older brother that way. My mother's first baby. She never really got over it even after having two other kids. This was in the 1950s. It is not very common for this to happen today, but it does happen. Sometimes due to negligence from the doctor, sometimes by natural causes...

Are there any supporters of infanticide, regardless of how long the fetus has been alive, that would stab the fetus in the heart with a knife, themselves?

And for the women's choice crowd:
LIB%2B%25285%2529.jpg

I see your point. So simply remove the baby from the womb. If it can survive using it's body, with necessary medical care, great. If not so be it.

So, you would have no problem stabbing a baby in the heart even one moment prior to delivery?

Jesus Christ woman, that is not what @jgarner was saying. I think it is what, 7 months or less, babies can manage to survive outside the womb.

I see your point. So simply remove the baby from the womb. If it can survive using it's body, with necessary medical care, great. If not so be it.
OK, I see your point too. So, if after the baby is delivered and the mother decides she doesn't want it, she can simply leave it on the sidewalk to fend for themself, yes?

These are the dumbest arguments, but they are repeated ad nauseum so you people just go with it.

Yeah it's a pretty terrible situation. She was in a medical coma for a few days and it fucked us up mentally for a while. I'm sorry if you went through that too. Definitely not easy days. I still carry the ankle medical tag in my wallet.

That is obviously fine when the child threatens the mothers life. But using this example, which is an amazingly small percentage of abortions is both unfair as it is stupid.

I didn't use it as a reason why abortions should be legal although if you blanket made late term abortion illegal, my significant other would be dead. I think abortions should be legal because it's best for society.

There are plenty of things that make this both a person and a human life. Stop.

There's nothing that made it human life in the sense of life that should be protected. It's no different than a brain dead person who's reliant on medical technology to survive. It's no more alive than that braindead person. It has never had thoughts, emotions, desires, hopes, dreams. Nothing. It's simply human genetic material with the potential to become life.

Humans aren't special. We're just another animal on this planet. Unless you're a vegan, you've been responsible for the death of life. You don't think cows have emotions and feelings? But you don't give a fuck when you're eating a hamburger.

Damn you have poor reading comprehension. I said I'm all for abortions up until the baby is viable outside the womb without medical intervention. If it's right before natural delivery then it's clearly viable outside the womb and should be an adoption choice. If it's not viable outside the womb without medical intervention, then I'm for the option to abort the pregnancy. You shouldn't have to force a woman to do anything with her body.

You don't see a difference in the risk and impact of pregnancy by sex? When was the last time a man died of childbirth? On average, if neither wants the baby, who usually ends up caring for it? I think a lot of abortions would be avoided if the men told the woman to.just give birth and they will never have to see the child again? Have you heard of lots of men taking that stance? I have never heard of it happening. I'm sure the pro lifers have good stats on the number of young men who never get to raise a child as single you male because the woman got an abortion.

Back