I am not going to lie, I feared that Conor was going to get his momentum in the 3rd

Conor was in always trouble in every round but Khabib was never in trouble.
actually I am glad that he just stood there in the 3rd round. Conor was able to do absolutely nothin

I admit that this thing could have easily been a draw.

But Ginger landed at least one 10-8 round (1st), if not two, (1st & 2nd) and that made the difference.

So I would not call this decision questionable either, btw.
The knock downs were shocking but even so it took all Conor had just to squeak by a man who he couldn’t finish.

And now the times have been cruel to the mouthy Irishman, Diaz would end him inside 3

Hey Dominick, I see you're still making ridiculous comments even though the fight was weeks ago.

My wife who was watching with me was actually a bit nervous since we were both rooting for Khabib. I had to calm her down and tell her it was in the bag.

Khabib, I thought was playing with him in there, to prove a point he could stand with Conor. IMO Khabib didn't expect Conor to tap so easy. It was a pain move and I thought Khabib was going to let go off it in a bit and start to GnP again. But Conor quick to the button.

Khabib has been shat on for his defense, but his lateral movement was spot on. Any time Conor got him up against the cage, Khabib moved out effortlessly. Made Conor's cutting off the cage look ordinary. You can see the first exchange, Conor had nothing for Khabib. Surprisingly, Khabib was also quicker than Conor. He got him flush with two hard counters in the 3rd even.

IMO We still don't even know how good Khabib is.

saying conor will get momentum in the 3rd is an oxymoron

He had nothing on any of his punches in the third. And Khabib half assed the shots he took and was more interested in standing.

Kaboob strictly followed a smart game plan. He knew he could stand with Conor in the third since Conor would be too gassed to have any snap on his punches.

Perfect game plan executed flawlessly.

Dammit.
:mad:

the 3rd was the only close round. Conor barely won that round. And Khabib took a break before putting the pedal down again.

vs Tony Ferg Khabib would have been in more trouble from that round on, Ts.
BUT Khabib would never have unloaded physically and emotionally as he did on McGregor in the 2nd to anyone else. He did shoot his load and was there in the 3rd for the taking. But McGregor was fcked and sloppy looking - probably due to the fatigue caused by Khabib.
So yeah a crazy cardio machine like Tony would cause him more trouble. I never felt he was in danger vs McGregor.

I have so much nervous anxiety when Khabib fights that I can’t really be objective while watching him live. Nothing that Conor was doing made me think the momentum was shifting, but when Khabib keeps it standing it just puts me on edge. Same with Iaquinta. He seems to know what he’s doing though, and that his grappling has practically nullified his opponents’ ability to effectively strike against him.
When I rewatch the fight the next day I can see more clearly that he was never in trouble.

The best thing about Khabib’s last two fights is that he’s spent a good 9 rounds striking with decent strikers. This only makes him more comfortable and sharper for whomever he fights next. (Unless he gets complacent being the prince of Dagestan.)

I am pretty happy that Khabib beat him, but I don't remember thinking that it was a one-sided beating like many here.

Ginger was actually starting to stop Khabib's TD, and Khabib did look like he was starting to run out of steam.

It was a weird feeling, after the beating that Ginger took in the 2nd, to fear that the fight had turned.

Of course it did not stop what happened in the 4th and Ginger must have had nothing left to tap to face squeeze like that, but in the 3rd I think I gave 50%-50% odds.

Am I alone?
I agree completely, rooted for The Bib but his TDs were off. Conor stopped most of them, but he eventually gassed on 4th and got submitted

Last edited:
I worried a little at the very start of the round but it soon became pretty clear that Conor wasn't actually much threat to Khabib standing even if he was taking a round off.

Even in the 3rd I think Khabib was the one looking more likely to land something really nasty and indeed I would say it actually showed what many have said before, Conor doesn't have that much in the way of raw power. Previously he's either caught opponents off balance when there getting sloppy or he's unloaded on them for finishes, a conservative Khabib not giving him openings looked like he could take his best shots.

I looked at it completely different. After Khabib stood with him for an entire round and was in ZERO trouble I knew this fight was in the bag.
I think you are being coy. I knew it was in the bag before the fight started and said so in every thread i posted. I usually never say a fight is a lock. This one was.

Khabib pretty much took that round off, since he had already won two, one being a 10-8. He did the same against Al

Conor was fucked after the first takedown. Khabib knew he had the fight won and wanted to humiliate Conor on the feet in the 3rd, but he couldn't dominate Conor like he did Barboza. So he did the smart thing and ended it in the fourth.
If the Barboza fight had been a 5 rounder Khabib would have finished him. He actually did the exact same thing to Barboza in the third that he did to Conor.

Back