I bought a power drill today and am put off that there's a girl on the box

Thats the kind of drill a female divorcee buys when her husband leaves with his brushless 18v set, and she wants to hang up a picture of her cat.

B&D - throw away tier
Riyobi - low-tier
Ridgid/Porter Cable/Hitachi - mid tier
Dewalt, Bosch, Makita - mid-high tier
Milwaukee - overpriced tier

For the price, quality and warranty, its hard to beat Ridgid, imo. Having worked in several construction fields Ive used all the brands above and own a few pieces of several as well, there is little difference between the mid-high tier stuff and up and from what Ive heard even the new Riyobi stuff is pretty decent now...

Thats the kind of drill a female divorcee buys when her husband leaves with his brushless 18v set, and she wants to hang up a picture of her cat.

B&D - throw away tier
Riyobi - low-tier

For the price, quality and warranty, its hard to beat Ridgid, imo. Having worked in several construction fields Ive used all the brands above and own a few pieces of several as well, there is little difference between the mid-high tier stuff and up and from what Ive heard even the new Riyobi stuff is pretty decent now...
i have a dewalt set and a milwaukee set, and i bought a ridgid set because it came with a free bluetooth wireless speaker that is supposed to be construction grade (not gonna lie the radio was nice).

well, the ridgid drills couldn't hold a charge and they seemed to be much less powerful than the milwaukees or dewalts. I'm guessing it was because the charge wasn't holding, but that was enough for me to return them. unfortunately i also had to return the radio. Yeah, they had a warranty, but i didn't want another product from them (at least not drills) We have the ridgid pipe threader on jobsites and that's solid as fuck. Maybe i'll give the drills another chance sometime in the future.

i'm thinking of buying the ryobi cordless nailer for home projects, i've seen a few woodworking youtubers use this and it looks alright. The price is nice compared to the other brands.

There's nothing wrong with having a handy girl drill laying around the house for light work.

But on the other hand:

u0aUAHm.jpg

Women can use drills too you sexist pig

Not true ..

The only drill a woman can use is a dentist drill .. And thats not really a proper drill, but i am trying to give them a fair shake.

Should have bought a Mikita or a Milwakee. You fucked up, clippy.

I'm not trying to sound like your dad but you seem too excited about this drill. Respect that shit because this tool is far more dangerous than most people believe and it ends up costing them.

Don't wear gloves or jewlry while you're using it and for godshakes don't hold it between your knees or put it in your pocket or some shit while you're trying to line something up.

It means the motor is bigger. It is how most companies advertise and state the power of their drills.
No it doesn’t, you clearly don’t know WTF you are talking about, so you should save yourself the embarrassment of continued false statements.

Haha, you show up on a real jobsite with black and decker like that that would be funny. Be sure to buy some safety goggles and ear muffs to go with that thing.
TS is probably just going to hang some picture, but even for that Black & Decker is crap. TS should just get Makita. Or spend a little more and get Hilti.

Old school Black & Decker was quality, which is why you sometimes find their angle grinders in factories.

Used it today

Screws all over my shed and garage

works fine

You guys are wankers

B&D - throw away tier
Riyobi - low-tier

People shit on Ryobi, but my HVAC guy used their shit and tortured working 70 hour weeks. He put more mileage on his tools in a week than most average Joes would in a lifetime. Their tools will outperform any weekend warrior or even people building their own homes.

I've had Dewalt/Makita/Ryobi and for consumer grade work I would just go with the cheapest and jump on any great deal.

Just remember that if you are buying into something these days look at the entire tool ecosystem. Look into yard tools and everything else. And make sure you go brushless.

Black and Decker?
vlzXHlv.gif

Voltage doesn’t mean shit , it’s about amperage to make power.

It’s marketing shit. I guarantee my old ass 18v dewalt is stronger. And the old ass 14v dewalt before that was too.
Lol voltage isn’t “marketing shit.” It does kind of drive amperage. Obviously you have much more efficient conponents downstream and not all batteries with a given voltage rating are equal, but lol at the thought that DC amps are like independent of the voltage.

At least it was an attractive woman and not some overweight green haired sea biscuit.

Take it back and pony up for the Dewalt. Oh, and it's Doo Dads, Clip. Doo Dads.

Back