I bought a PS4. Now what?

Because you didn't mention price. Arguing retroactively that you intended your comment to be relative to value, not irrespective of it, is the argument demanding an assumption.

I don't care how many times you want to take this merry-go-round. It always comes back to you being wrong. I have infinite patience for iterating and reiterating this fact.

Of course the person telling other people what they need to buy is going to say"it comes back to you being wrong" haha. You're trying to blame me for not clearly knowing my position when you never gave me a chance to give it to you in the first place.

I didn't mention price in a post that wasn't to you and was one sentence long and you want to pretend like I was in a debate giving a real argument.

You could have,

A) Used some common sense that this person talking about graphics doesn't have unlimited money and must mean that the features aren't worth the price difference to him

or

B) Ask him to clarify his position on this topic so that you don't waste a bunch of time typing stuff out that might not apply.

I care more about how you still think anyone who buys a PS4 slim is making a bad purchase but for some reason you didn't reply to my last posts on that.

Last edited:
Of course the person telling other people what they need to buy is going to say"it comes back to you being wrong" haha. You're trying to blame me for not clearly knowing my position when you never gave me a chance to give it to you in the first place
No, I'm blaming you for being upset that he chided you for not telepathically divining your position before properly articulating it:
Everyone's different and not everyone cares about slightly better graphics.
Keep telling yourself that bud.
You really think everyone in the world thinks exactly like you? Grow up.
My post commenting on this exchange preceded any mention by you about money or value.

Of course you're wrong. There is subjective value and there is objective value. The matter of purchase preferences is subjective (with objective considerations). This dispute about your language is patently objective, and you are objectively wrong.

No, I'm blaming you for being upset that he chided you for not telepathically divining your position before properly articulating it:

The context there was someone buying a slim over a Pro. He would be beyond stupid to think that I would tell someone to get a slim over a pro for any other reason than except to save the money.

My post commenting on this exchange preceded any mention by you about money or value.

Great then you could have asked me a question before launching into a rebuttal.

Of course you're wrong. There is subjective value and there is objective value. The matter of purchase preferences is subjective (with objective considerations). This dispute about your language is patently objective, and you are objectively wrong.

You made a ridiculous assumption that you never needed to make so no you are wrong. You knew virtually nothing about me or what I think and yet thought it was appropriate to try to make a long argument against me.

I will also say that language has some nuance. You don't go around taking people 100% literal on everything all of the time. The vast majority of the time someone says that they don't care or they don't care about something specific they are really meaning that they care very little. I don't see a problem with that as the point of the exchange is usually still intact. Would you still have jumped on me if I would have said "Not everyone cares a lot about slightly better graphics"?

This conversation is boring though as it's not the main topic. Why won't you respond to my posts about whether or not a person should buy a PS4 slim? You say in one post that it's an unwise purchase for anyone and then you try to agree that it's subjective. Which is it?

Last edited:
The context there was someone buying a slim over a Pro. He would be beyond stupid to think that I would tell someone to get a slim over a pro for any other reason than except to save the money.
No, you would be beyond stupid to presume that people can read your mind by ignoring the denotative value of your sentences. Third or fourth time I've had to bludgeon you with this. He didn't misread you, but the depth of your comprehension of what he intended is as stunted as your oversight in arguing nuance:
I will also say that language has some nuance. You don't go around taking people 100% literal on everything all of the time. The vast majority of the time someone says that they don't care or they don't care about something specific they are really meaning that they care very little. I don't see a problem with that as the point of the exchange is usually still intact. Would you still have jumped on me if I would have said "Not everyone cares a lot about slightly better graphics"?
Which is precisely why the idiot is the person who emotionally objects to a critical response of his words without first establishing his own intent, concretely, and not probabilistically. Derp.
This conversation is boring though as it's not the main topic. Why won't you respond to my posts about whether or not a person should buy a PS4 slim? You say in one post that it's an unwise purchase for anyone and then you try to agree that it's subjective. Which is it?
I have stated numerous times that if purchasing today one should buy the PS4 Pro or the Xbox One X over the lesser models to maximize long-term satisfaction, and whether or not the buyer realizes it at the time of the purchase, or ever, for that matter, this will be true almost without exception. I suppose I could say this is true the vast majority of the time.

200px-Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

No, you would be beyond stupid to presume that people can read your mind by ignoring the denotative value of your sentences. Third or fourth time I've had to bludgeon you with this. He didn't misread you, but the depth of your comprehension of what he intended is as stunted as your oversight in arguing nuance:

You seriously think it's reasonable to read that one sentence and assume that I am telling people to get a slim over a pro without cost being the major factor? That is so absurd I don't believe you.

I don't expect people to read my mind. I expect people to A) Use a bit of common sense and B) Have a dialogue with me so that they don't make very bad and unnecessary assumptions.

Which is precisely why the idiot is the person who emotionally objects to a critical response of his words without first establishing his own intent, concretely, and not probabilistically. Derp.

I would have been happy to do so if someone would have tried. But apparently that one sentence was more than enough for you to understand everything you need to know lol.

I have stated numerous times that if purchasing today one should buy the PS4 Pro or the Xbox One X over the lesser models to maximize long-term satisfaction, and whether or not the buyer realizes it at the time of the purchase, or ever, for that matter, this will be true almost without exception. I suppose I could say this is true the vast majority of the time.

The flaw I see in your reasoning is the "Long term satisfaction" part. I believe you are using your own set of criteria for what makes up a persons satisfaction with the product and as you have already agreed a person's satisfaction is subjective. People don't want or enjoy the same things so how can you decide for people what they will be satisfied with? If you want to rephrase this as just your recommendation then I'll just let it go.

You seriously think it's reasonable to read that one sentence and assume that I am telling people to get a slim over a pro without cost being the major factor? That is so absurd I don't believe you.
You yourself have just acknowledged the potential validity of this reading in your previous post.

At the point where you're so twisted up into a pretzel that you are unintentionally mocking your own arguments.

You yourself have just acknowledged the potential validity of this reading in your previous post.

At the point where you're so twisted up into a pretzel that you are unintentionally mocking your own arguments.

Ok then I'll just take your word for it since you didn't make an argument ;)

But since you are apparently done with the topic I actually cared about we can just move on.

Ok then I'll just take your word for it since you didn't make an argument ;)

But since you are apparently done with the topic I actually cared about we can just move on.
Concession accepted.

Not that you'd know you were making a concession. You'd argue it, then contradict it in the next sentence while not realizing you had.

Must be fun making accusations with nothing to back it up and then declaring victory. Go you.

I'm just happy you conceded that buying a slim or not depends on the individual ;)

Must be fun making accusations with nothing to back it up and then declaring victory. Go you.

I'm just happy you conceded that buying a slim or not depends on the individual ;)
Oh, look, the sincerest form of flattery. You should follow this up with another copy/paste of, "Why won't you answer the question?" a 5th time even after you were given a giant post with the headline, "WHY NOT TO BUY THE XBOX ONE S OR PS4 SLIM..."

You're so deeply insecure that you continue to refuse to acknowledge that the language in your first post was insufficiently specific.

Oh, look, the sincerest form of flattery. You should follow this up with another copy/paste of, "Why won't you answer the question?" a 5th time even after you were given a giant post with the headline, "WHY NOT TO BUY THE XBOX ONE S OR PS4 SLIM..."

The post I responded to extremely unimpressed with the arguments you made which unsurprisingly enough were mostly based on assumptions. Then you didn't respond back so I kept mentioning that was the topic that I cared to discuss. If you don't want to discuss this anymore then all you have to do is say so.

You're so deeply insecure that you continue to refuse to acknowledge that the language in your first post was insufficiently specific.

lol here you are again just wanting to discuss this nonsense. If you couldn't understand what I meant in that one sentence then that is your problem. You could always ask me questions like a normal person if you don't get it.

Hay guys, I bought a PS4, and I don't know if it's a Slim or a Pro or whatever.

Last edited:
The post I responded to extremely unimpressed with the arguments you made which unsurprisingly enough were mostly based on assumptions. Then you didn't respond back so I kept mentioning that was the topic that I cared to discuss. If you don't want to discuss this anymore then all you have to do is say so.

lol here you are again just wanting to discuss this nonsense. If you couldn't understand what I meant in that one sentence then that is your problem. You could always ask me questions like a normal person if you don't get it.
You have literally begun to regurgitate logical arguments I introduced to the thread as assumptions in order to defend-- inappropriately & inadequately, btw-- the vagueness of your initial language (i.e. "if a gamer could have either Slim or Pro, with no consideration of price, then nobody would pick the Slim"). You are blissfully unaware that my logic is so powerful and undeniable that it has consumed you. I came into the thread just musing on the nature of a lighthearted troll of you by ITJ in order to provided an objective framework that any individual could use to further subjective considerations.

You don't even grasp the heart of the philosophical distinction between subjective and objective. You are determined to prove yourself right, not wrong, but there is no right or wrong in the subjective realm; there is just preference. To opine that there is a correct answer, even according to different needs, is to opine a variability of the objective. That's the sort of phenomenon you observe in biochemical study of human subjects. There is almost unexceptionally a spectrum of responses to any stimuli. Scientists assemble their conclusions by rooting them in what is mostly true, and that has objective value.
Hay guys, I bought a PS4, and I don't know if it's a Slim or a Pro or whatever.
Here. This will cover it pretty exhaustively:
  1. https://gematsu.com/exclusives/ps4
  2. http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/game...astupdate=0&showlastupdate=1&showothersales=0
  3. https://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/top-downloads/
  4. https://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ps4/filtered
  5. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_of_the_Year_awards
  6. Keeping it fresh: https://www.twitchmetrics.net/games/viewership
Sherdog's own threads:

Oh yeah, more succinctly curated from the first page:
Welcome. I'm not a Sony fan, in fact I think their consoles are inferior to Microsofts however, I have owned all Playstations and will continue to do so because Sony publishes amazing games.

Here is what your should do. Purchase and play these games in any order you like.

Uncharted: Collection
Uncharted 4
The Last of Us Remastered
Rachet and Clank
Spiderman
Horizon: Zero Dawn
God of War 3 Remastered
God of War
Until Dawn
Detroit: Become Human (if you like it, then play Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls)
The Order: 1886

After these,

Bloodborne
The Last Guardian (if you like then play Shadow of the Colossus)

Last edited:
lol you're a funny guy.

Ok so what was your point here?
Normally i can follow micks logic, but that entire portion of his response confused me, as I saw no correlation to the post he quoted.

He might have read over the post too fast and missed the point, which he has done on some of mine in the past.

No biggy though

The poster mentioned he bought one and had no idea which one it os(which I find hard to beleive but that’s a whole nother topic)
And responds with lists of games to get?

I didn’t read the links just the names of them, so maybe there were identifying characteristics in them maybe not.

But I digress, it confused me

I don't expect people to read my mind. I expect people to A) Use a bit of common sense and B) Have a dialogue with me so that they don't make very bad and unnecessary assumptions.

I would have been happy to do so if someone would have tried. But apparently that one sentence was more than enough for you to understand everything you need to know lol.

The flaw I see in your reasoning is the "Long term satisfaction" part. I believe you are using your own set of criteria for what makes up a persons satisfaction with the product and as you have already agreed a person's satisfaction is subjective. People don't want or enjoy the same things so how can you decide for people what they will be satisfied with? If you want to rephrase this as just your recommendation then I'll just let it go.
Here’s my take, from an outsider(sort of) looking in, with an example that might heed some reasoning.

I loaded up Doom yesterday for the first time in a long time, I noticed there is now a 4K update available.

Now, I have an original One, which cannot output 4K, and no 4K tv.

But , my main tv my Xbox is on is getting long In the tooth, when it’s time to replace it(which i should do to some weird bars in the screen from the woman non stop putting candles on the entertainment center corners in front of the tv, exactly where the bars have popped up!! Madness!!) i might get a 4K.

So now, I have a 4K (assuming I replace it with a 4K which I probubaly will) tv, a game that has 4K capability and a non 4K console.

Let’s assume my One dies, I have the option of a one s, or an x or ps4slim or pro.

The s and the slim are cheaper, sure and happy enough I am now with this graphics level, since I have a 1080 tv, assume the 4K tv purchase.

Now, I buy the non 4K consoles and every game going forward has 4K capability for the respected system(Xbox or ps).

I only have 200.00 for a console, ok no problem I get the non 4K variant.

I have 400.00, but don’t want to spend it all on the console. , 3 months from now, every game I buy is 4K compliant and I have a 4K tv.

I’m stuck playing at a nerfed graphical version of my games, it getting everything out of them, or I buy ANOTHER console to play them the right way

Now I’m not out 400.00, I’m Out 600.00, the cost of both consoles.

Where as if I had nutted up and bought the latest one from the get go, I wouldn’t have that issue.

Then there is also the possible issue of the developers NOT MAKING the games with down playable capability on the non x or pro.

So now you are stuck with a console that only plays the old games and none of the new releases.

Historically I see this being a possibility from the PS side but not Xbox.
As my ONE will play 360 and Xbox games(not all, but you get the point)

With these considerations taken, I could not see purchasing a Slim, UNLESS, and a big UNLESS all you have feasbly at the time is 200.00 and can’t wait till you have 400.00, and know you’ll never be able to afford a 4K tv, in this console generation.

Cutting edge graphics are NOT my main concern, BUT I understand the possible future issues with not buying the best console version at the time, and either shell out the cash, or WAIT until I can.

TL:DR /Rant

Back